Anett Kontaveit - Page 63 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 4th, 2012, 03:20 PM   #931
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Anett Kontaveit

Anett won 7-6(6) 6-4
To sum up the match, there was a good end and a bad end
Players were only winning from one end until Anett had 40-0 to hold at the bad end. She of course choked that away and got broken before Vickery started to step up. Anett was down 0-40 at 4-5 but managed to save all the set points ad hold. She ended up getting it to a Tiebreak where she led 6-3. It then got back to 6-6 before the scoreboard said that Vickery led 7-6. It was obviously an error because I checked again ans it said that Anett led 7-6 I nearly had a heart attack given how much she's choked already. Anyway, she then won that point to win the first set

The second began with Anett getting broken and playing from a break down the whole set, saving Break Points at 15-40 0-2 from going down a Double Break. She finally made inroads on Sachia's serve (Sachia was holding at 0 and 15 almost every game of the match and the ones where she was broken she normally led by these scorelines first) at 4-3 down. Anett then held before breaking to win. She broke so quickly I missed it

Anyway, it's great for Anett to finally be having success at a GA that is not on clay
I see a semi
And given that she will face one of Bouchard (who is becoming Anett's bitch ), Abdduraimova, Soylu or Lottner, this IMO is probably going to be her best chance ever to make a GS Final

Good Luck in Doubles Anett!!!
If it starts before 2 I think I'll follow as I have the day off tomorrow (Today )

Kaia hit 24 Aces (the WTA record) vs Safarova Tokyo Round 1 2008

Last edited by chingching : Jul 4th, 2012 at 05:24 PM.
chingching is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 4th, 2012, 03:46 PM   #932
country flag WhoAmI?

WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute

Well done, Anett This could easily have been a 2 set win for Vickery.

As for doubles.. I don't see much happening for Indy/Anett. Indy is still playing her second singles match where she is down a set and a break currently, her first match was a long one, she's not the freshest player out there. Anett also played two matches, while Allgurin played one match, and Peterson none.
WhoAmI? is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4th, 2012, 04:41 PM   #933
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueTrees View Post
Anett

Sorry
But it's true
Anyway, here ia a photo of Anett from Roland Garros

I was thinking of creating an Anett photo thread???
We have enough already and it means we wouldn't have to worry about clogging up her discussion thread with photos
Anyway, sadly I think that Indy will let Anett down once again in doubles, by no fault of her own
First Asutralian Open: Walkover due to Indy's injury
Then French Open: She has to play with Soylu which turned out okay because Indy was once again injured
Then: Indy plays a 7-5 in the third match followed by a match currently in the third at 3-0 down double break implying tiredness, where she is likely to have played 5 hours going into their doubles against awkward opponents
Lets hope Anett gets some points in the singles hey

Old Jul 4th, 2012, 04:58 PM   #934
country flag muusa

muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold

So Konjuh it is in QF.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chingching View Post
And given that she will face one of Bouchard (who is becoming Anett's bitch :lol), Abdduraimova, Soylu or Lottner, this IMO is probably going to be her best chance ever to make a GS Final
You don't consider Konjuh as a threat in QF? She seems to be damn good for a 14-year-old.
muusa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4th, 2012, 05:11 PM   #935
country flag muusa

muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold

I don't think they will play doubles today, as Indy's match has just only finished and as Meelis said in Wimbledon thread they need to give her 1.5 hours rest at least. It would be too late to play then I guess.
Old Jul 4th, 2012, 05:28 PM   #936
country flag chingching

Quote:
Originally Posted by muusa View Post
So Konjuh it is in QF.

You don't consider Konjuh as a threat in QF? She seems to be damn good for a 14-year-old.
You said it yourself. Damn good FOR A 14 YEAR OLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
She actually isn't that good IMO
Look at her wins
She has no really good ones
Basically she has beaten Montserrat Gonzalez and a few of the better 97/96 girls
I mean, Anett has played 3 good tournaments all season and she is ranked higher. That says something IMO
Ana may be tough, but I would be surprised if Anett lost a set
But if Anett is off and Ana plays well then something may occur
I just don't see Ana Konjuh in a GS SF, that's all. But I do see Anett there
Thank god doubles is off. I get to go to sleep

Old Jul 4th, 2012, 05:50 PM   #937
country flag WhoAmI?

WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
You said it yourself. Damn good FOR A 14 YEAR OLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
She actually isn't that good IMO
Look at her wins
She has no really good ones
Basically she has beaten Montserrat Gonzalez and a few of the better 97/96 girls
I mean, Anett has played 3 good tournaments all season and she is ranked higher. That says something IMO
Ana may be tough, but I would be surprised if Anett lost a set
But if Anett is off and Ana plays well then something may occur
I just don't see Ana Konjuh in a GS SF, that's all. But I do see Anett there
Thank god doubles is off. I get to go to sleep
Well, Anett could be her first good win (if you'd consider a win over Anett a good win).
Anett is currently ranked higher, but mainly because of last year's points.
Konjuh has won the last 3 tournaments she entered (g2, g1, g1), quite impressive Though she didn't play RG (why?).
Anyway, I of course hope that Anett comes out on top.
Old Jul 4th, 2012, 06:15 PM   #938
country flag Meelis
Team WTAworld

Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoAmI? View Post
Though she didn't play RG (why?)
She was too low ranked to make a cut.
Meelis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4th, 2012, 06:54 PM   #939
country flag Dan_Doe

Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoAmI? View Post
Well, Anett could be her first good win (if you'd consider a win over Anett a good win).
Anett is currently ranked higher, but mainly because of last year's points.
Konjuh has won the last 3 tournaments she entered (g2, g1, g1), quite impressive Though she didn't play RG (why?).
Anyway, I of course hope that Anett comes out on top.
I guess Ana's win over Ash Barty wasn't worthy to be mentioned by chingching I know, I know, Ash abandoned at 6-3 2-5, but she didn't play better than Ana in that match.
And remember Adrijana Lekaj? Well, Adrijana defeated Anett at Trofeo Bonfiglio 5-7 6-3 6-0. Also, Adrijana lost this year 0-6 4-6 and 2-6 2-6 to Konjuh. In ya' face, chingching
Squashes over Gonzalez or Csoregi on clay are also worth mentioning.

I still think Anett is going to win easily, because she's experienced and plays very well on grass, while Ana's at her first tournament on grass. But anything can happen. Ana is able to beat her. And I want that to happen

I'd say Anett is the main favourite for the whole thing now, but, again, anything can happen.
Dan_Doe is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4th, 2012, 07:17 PM   #940
country flag Dan_Doe

Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future

Anett and Indy started their match. They're 2-3 in the first set, no breaks attached.
Dan_Doe is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4th, 2012, 07:32 PM   #941
country flag muusa

I can't believe they let them play today, Indy must be exhausted after all this
However, they just won the first set 64
Old Jul 4th, 2012, 08:17 PM   #942
country flag WhoAmI?

Play suspended at 64 36
Old Jul 5th, 2012, 02:30 AM   #943
country flag chingching

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_Doe View Post
I guess Ana's win over Ash Barty wasn't worthy to be mentioned by chingching I know, I know, Ash abandoned at 6-3 2-5, but she didn't play better than Ana in that match.
And remember Adrijana Lekaj? Well, Adrijana defeated Anett at Trofeo Bonfiglio 5-7 6-3 6-0. Also, Adrijana lost this year 0-6 4-6 and 2-6 2-6 to Konjuh. In ya' face, chingching
Squashes over Gonzalez or Csoregi on clay are also worth mentioning.

I still think Anett is going to win easily, because she's experienced and plays very well on grass, while Ana's at her first tournament on grass. But anything can happen. Ana is able to beat her. And I want that to happen

I'd say Anett is the main favourite for the whole thing now, but, again, anything can happen.
I basically agree with your second paragraph, but Ana still hasn;t beaten any big players. I she has beaten players who have beaten Anett, but no wins over Putintseva, Vickery, Bouchard, Barty (), Sharipova etc. Sure, Ana beat Adrijana quite comfortably but everyone has bad days. This was straighta after Ana barely beating Zimmerman and her early losses on the Pro Circuit, along with her Bagel stage

Also, squashes over Gonzalez and Csoregi on clay aren't that impressive because look at their rankings and who they have beaten. And squashes over Allie Kiick and Putintseva on clay are also impressive

I am not saying Ana is a bad player, because that is completely untrue and I like her. But IMO, she is overhyped and overranked

Anett is first up on court 8 tomorrow against Ana
Then she has 2 doubles matches, presuming she finishes the first: The first as 3rd match on and the second as last match on
I think with Indy gone in the singles and Anett or Ana will win in straight sets (I don't see this being a long affair) that Anett/Indy could win both doubles matches

Also, Anett is back in the Top 10 as long as the Finalist and Winner aren't made up by both Konjuh, Sharipova, Lottner or Abanda

I am not joking that looking at Anett's draw she has a genuine shot at winning the tournament

BTW, it says on the Estonian Womens rankings that Anett plays at EKSM as her tennis club. What club is that as I know that USTA is Tere and AOTK is Aivo's???

Last edited by chingching : Jul 5th, 2012 at 05:07 AM.
Old Jul 5th, 2012, 06:28 AM   #944
country flag muusa

Quote:
BTW, it says on the Estonian Womens rankings that Anett plays at EKSM as her tennis club. What club is that as I know that USTA is Tere and AOTK is Aivo's???
EKSM - Evald Kree Spordimaailm
Their webpage is ancient though, it claims that the highest WTA ranking ever for Estonians is Maret Ani's 115th
Old Jul 5th, 2012, 07:06 AM   #945
country flag chingching

Quote:
Originally Posted by muusa View Post
EKSM - Evald Kree Spordimaailm
Their webpage is ancient though, it claims that the highest WTA ranking ever for Estonians is Maret Ani's 115th
Does Marten own that academy???
I thought they trained at Andrei's Academy at Tere?
Where is it?
And BTW, where is Viimsi???

How sad is it that Anett's 1000th post was about Ana Konjuh not making Roland Garros