Anett Kontaveit - Page 45 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 9th, 2012, 02:57 PM   #661
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Anett Kontaveit

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoAmI? View Post
Maybe no one asked her?

Probably they didn't know if they'd get the WC (she/her coach talked about the schedule sometime in January/February if I recall). It's not like they give weekly updates in the press/somewhere else about what's new
True. They still havent changed the schedule of tunis and chiasso plus GA trofeo and Roland Garros. I wouldnt be surprised if an Italian 25K gets slipped in there somewhere. Anyway, now that anett is updating her facebook page, she might be more up to date

Kaia hit 24 Aces (the WTA record) vs Safarova Tokyo Round 1 2008
chingching is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 9th, 2012, 03:02 PM   #662
country flag muusa

muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by chingching View Post
So does anyone think that Anett will play any more Wtas this year. I think that she should play at least 1 more as she was unlucky to get annika and she was unlucky not to win. I think she could have beaten all of the qualifiers on her day
Depends on whether she will get any wildcards, but I guess why not. Bastad in July could be an option..? At first I did not believe she'd play any this year, but after this successful debut I'd rather think she will try if given a chance.

But does anyone know how many wildcards could she theoretically get/use during one year? Was it limited to 2-3 or sth like that?
muusa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9th, 2012, 03:05 PM   #663
country flag WhoAmI?

WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute

Geographically I guess Copenhagen in Denmark and Bastad in Sweden are the closest WTA events to Estonia. Maybe Swedes will give her a WC

Her draw here could have been much tougher I think, had she landed in the Tsurenko/Chakvetadze section, or even against Czink.
WhoAmI? is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9th, 2012, 03:06 PM   #664
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by muusa View Post
Depends on whether she will get any wildcards, but I guess why not. Bastad in July could be an option..? At first I did not believe she'd play any this year, but after this successful debut I'd rather think she will try if given a chance.

But does anyone know how many wildcards could she theoretically get/use during one year? Was it limited to 2-3 or sth like that?
According to 2012 WTA rulebook, she is allowed to accept 4 wildards into ITF or WTA events (JE not included)
Theoretically, she could play 3 more WTAs and play Baku with qualifyin as she would make maindraw

Old Apr 9th, 2012, 03:07 PM   #665
country flag chingching

She could also play Belle challenge after US Open but I dont think she should play US Open. Its too expensive to travelt for just 2 or 3 tournaments. I hope that next year her ranking is high enough for aussie open qualies, that would be cool

Old Apr 9th, 2012, 07:10 PM   #666
country flag muusa

muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
According to 2012 WTA rulebook, she is allowed to accept 4 wildards into ITF or WTA events (JE not included)
Theoretically, she could play 3 more WTAs and play Baku with qualifyin as she would make maindraw
Great, 4 is quite a lot, considering she can play 12 altogether. Even if not WTA, then maybe some wildcards to bigger ITFs.

Btw, the new photo on Anett's facebook fanpage is really pretty
If only she updated the page after losses as well A great example here is Jürgen Zopp who always writes a bit of analysis or comments even when he loses.
Old Apr 9th, 2012, 08:03 PM   #667
country flag Tennisfan06

Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute

Her coach told that it was a close match, long rallies from the beginning of the match. On 3-3 in the 2nd set she had a gp but unfortunately the ball landed 3-4 cm out. And she was too tired in 3rd set.
Tennisfan06 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10th, 2012, 01:25 AM   #668
country flag chingching

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennisfan06 View Post
Her coach told that it was a close match, long rallies from the beginning of the match. On 3-3 in the 2nd set she had a gp but unfortunately the ball landed 3-4 cm out. And she was too tired in 3rd set.
That would have been like a break given that no one was holding serve
Annika got an out of form Martic so anett had a shot at the second round where she would have had pervak. It might have been streamed on centre court

Old Apr 10th, 2012, 03:03 AM   #669
country flag chingching

The tunis field is getting considerably weaker which is good:
http://beta.itftennis.com/procircuit...tid=1100026432

Old Apr 10th, 2012, 06:42 AM   #670
country flag muusa

Another article: http://sport.postimees.ee/802744/ane...s-positiivset/

About her schedule it says that after Tunis and Chiasso she will play a couple of juniors tournaments before RG.
Old Apr 10th, 2012, 08:14 AM   #671
country flag chingching

Quote:
Originally Posted by muusa View Post
Another article: http://sport.postimees.ee/802744/ane...s-positiivset/

About her schedule it says that after Tunis and Chiasso she will play a couple of juniors tournaments before RG.
So she isnt just playing Trofeo GA?? Thats good. She needs a good seeding for Roland Garros
If she is top 8 seed, and draws Danilina ion quarters, she might be able to win!!!

Old Apr 10th, 2012, 10:19 AM   #672
country flag Dan_Doe

Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future

Quote:
First, Dan Doe, I did like Sibiu. It was a beautiful eritage town, my second favourite place in Romania behind Sinaia, a ski resort near Brasov. It was much nicer than Arad and Timisoara was nice but not as nice.
Well, I'm from Brasov

Quote:
Just a comment her on Diana Marcinkevica, how badly must anett have played to have lost so badly!!!! Diana just lost 2nd round of a 10k in coratia to someone just inside the top 800 in straight sets. She also lost to belinda bencic, a swiss junior this year in straight sets and she lost to clothile de bernardi in amiens 60 64 who anett beat 1 and 3 in stockholm. That loss simply puzzles me.
Don't underestimate Belinda Her win over Marcinkevica wasn't so shocking. She won 6-1 6-3 against another top 400 player just 2 days ago.
Anett surely had some unknown issues, otherwise she couldn't have lost so bad against Diana.

Quote:
So she isnt just playing Trofeo GA?? Thats good. She needs a good seeding for Roland Garros
If she is top 8 seed, and draws Danilina ion quarters, she might be able to win!!!
Well, there is some tough competition. Khromacheva, Putintseva, Bouchard, Barty and Jabeur are all great claycourt players. Townsand and Min are not, but...well, they shouldn't be underestimated. No other player than those should be a threat for Anett. So let's see who's playing RG and who's not.
Dan_Doe is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10th, 2012, 11:58 AM   #673
country flag muusa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_Doe View Post
Well, there is some tough competition. Khromacheva, Putintseva, Bouchard, Barty and Jabeur are all great claycourt players. Townsand and Min are not, but...well, they shouldn't be underestimated. No other player than those should be a threat for Anett. So let's see who's playing RG and who's not.
I doubt Jabeur and Min are playing, maybe Barty also not as she even didn't play junior AO on her home ground (still a major puzzle for me why). As for the rest, they probably do play, but yea, we have to wait.. Of them Anett has never beaten Khromacheva and Townsend.
Old Apr 11th, 2012, 12:42 AM   #674
country flag chingching

Anett musnt like the left handers. She beat Barty at French Open though and loves clay (beat Putintseva and Bouchard on clay at orange bowl)
Taylor I dont think can beat Anett in clay cause Outdoor hard is probably anetts 3rd best surface (behind indoor hard and clay) whereas its taylors best. Grace Min has given up on juniors

Old Apr 11th, 2012, 02:39 AM   #675
country flag chingching

The field in Tunis is soooo much weaker now (no alternates!!!!)
A Quarter Final or Semi Final is a very achievable result here, if she plays like she did in copenhagen

If Anett plays Baku, she could almost make a quarter final!!