Anett Kontaveit - Page 40 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 22nd, 2012, 11:13 AM   #586
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Anett Kontaveit

Anett obviously wanted a challenge. If she had played 25K Moscow, she would have almost definately won. Even la MArsa. But given her form here, I see no reason why she shouldnt be top 100 by er 18th birthday

Now at around 520 in rankings

Kaia hit 24 Aces (the WTA record) vs Safarova Tokyo Round 1 2008
chingching is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 22nd, 2012, 11:53 AM   #587
country flag Tennisfan06

Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute

Easy win, hopefully she keeps playing confident and beats them all
Tennisfan06 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22nd, 2012, 11:56 AM   #588
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maza1987 View Post
im going to bath.
but not the first week, the 2nd week when it is a 25k. hope she is playing.
Have you seen any of anett??

Old Mar 22nd, 2012, 12:15 PM   #589
country flag chingching

Anett to play Marcinkevica
She defeated Lina 63 64
Will be on tomorrow
Good luck

Old Mar 22nd, 2012, 08:31 PM   #590
country flag chingching

Anett second on court 5 against marcinkevica. The first match starts at 11 (10:00 PM our time) so I may miss it
Anetts section of the draw has really opened up.
QF: Kontaveit vs Marcinkevica
SF: Kontaveit vs Beck/Glushko
F: Kontaveit vs Malek/Vrjlic/Konta/Bertens
I dont see Bertens getting past Konta and Konta is a massive choker so Anett stands a great chance
Sh should be top 200 by end of year if she keeps up this form
SHe shouldve entered doubles though

Old Mar 22nd, 2012, 10:48 PM   #591
country flag muusa

muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by chingching View Post
Anett second on court 5 against marcinkevica. The first match starts at 11 (10:00 PM our time) so I may miss it
Anetts section of the draw has really opened up.
QF: Kontaveit vs Marcinkevica
SF: Kontaveit vs Beck/Glushko
F: Kontaveit vs Malek/Vrjlic/Konta/Bertens
I dont see Bertens getting past Konta and Konta is a massive choker so Anett stands a great chance
Sh should be top 200 by end of year if she keeps up this form
SHe shouldve entered doubles though
Final between Konta and Kontaveit would be funny
Hopefully Anett can get to semis at least, 24 points would already be a very good achievement from this tournament - it's like defending two 10k wins.
muusa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22nd, 2012, 11:41 PM   #592
country flag Maza1987

Maza1987 has much to be proud of Maza1987 has much to be proud of Maza1987 has much to be proud of Maza1987 has much to be proud of Maza1987 has much to be proud of Maza1987 has much to be proud of Maza1987 has much to be proud of Maza1987 has much to be proud of Maza1987 has much to be proud of Maza1987 has much to be proud of Maza1987 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by chingching View Post
Have you seen any of anett??
Disappointed today. Got there at 10.55am and she was already finished .lol

Did get some pics and vids though later.

Kontaveit 8 by Ali Tennis Pics, on Flickr

kontaveit 7 by Ali Tennis Pics, on Flickr

Her coach on in the white jacket—not sure of his name.

Videos:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/alitennispics/7006984047/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/alitennispics/7007006833/

Sorry about the angle of the 2nd vid.

And a few more pics of her hitting with her coach later on in the day.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/alitenn...039170/detail/

— Caroline Garcia — Taylor Townsend — Kristina Mladenovic — Heather Watson — Elina Svitolina —
Maza1987 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23rd, 2012, 04:42 AM   #593
country flag chingching

Thanks so much
Her coaches name is marten tamla
will you see her today vs marcinkevica??

Old Mar 23rd, 2012, 04:43 AM   #594
country flag chingching

Quote:
Originally Posted by muusa View Post
Final between Konta and Kontaveit would be funny
Hopefully Anett can get to semis at least, 24 points would already be a very good achievement from this tournament - it's like defending two 10k wins.
Also good prize money for 1 week (not as muchn as winning 2 10ks but less accomodation)
She should own the La Marsa field

Old Mar 23rd, 2012, 02:04 PM   #595
country flag muusa

muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold

Lost to Marcinkevica 06 16. What a nightmare to win only one game
How is this even possible, this kind of overnight transformation from good to worst.
Btw, when she played Azarenka last year, the result was 26 06.
muusa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23rd, 2012, 02:05 PM   #596
country flag chingching

Diana Marcinkevica def. Anett kontaveit 60 61
I have no idea where this came from. Diana has been so far out of form (*lost to clothilde de bernadi, a girl who anett beat 1 and 3, 64 60. she also lost in straight sets to 14 year old Belinda Bencic)
Even this week, she won 75 in third against British wildcard in final round of qualifying

Old Mar 23rd, 2012, 02:08 PM   #597
country flag chingching

Quote:
Originally Posted by muusa View Post
Lost to Marcinkevica 06 16. What a nightmare to win only one game
How is this even possible, this kind of overnight transformation from good to worst.
Btw, when she played Azarenka last year, the result was 26 06.
When I saw that Anett lost first set 60, I thought they might have gotten the scorecards confused
Anyway, such a shame. This will ruin her confidence, losing to a player of similar rank so convincingly
I do think that she probably played horrifically though

Old Mar 23rd, 2012, 02:28 PM   #598
country flag WhoAmI?

WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute

Well, this result sucks of course. Who knows what happened, and if something happened at all. As they say there's more to learn from a loss.
WhoAmI? is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24th, 2012, 03:20 AM   #599
country flag chingching

Still
Something has to have gone wron
Marccinkevica isnt really that good
TBH, I thought anett would breeze through the match 2 and 2 or something
I would understand if she lost in a tight 2 setter or a 3 setter but this!! Given how many opportunities she had, id say that she just hit piles and piles of unforced errors with no winners

Old Mar 24th, 2012, 12:27 PM   #600
country flag WhoAmI?

WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute

I was just looking at the juniors ranking. She'll lose the RU 100 points on Monday, and drops out of top 10.

Strangely there were some unfamiliar names (to me) quite high, like Kulichokva #7, and McPhillips #11.
WhoAmI? is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote