Anett Kontaveit - Page 38 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 8th, 2012, 07:42 AM   #556
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Anett Kontaveit

I know. I am personally against tournament whoring but for Juniors I think its acceptable. When you can only play 12 tourneys a year, you cant risk getting a bad draw or not playing well. If Anett wants competitive match play, then do it at higehr level challengers or wta, not chaallengers. Whats the point ion taking a risk in losing whn even if you win you dont get huge amount of ranking points?? Even La MArsa would have been better
chingching is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 8th, 2012, 05:53 PM   #557
country flag TimeyWimey

TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by muusa View Post
In Moscow 25k the main draw cut seems to be 605 Why oh why didn't Anett sign up there instead of Bath. Maybe because of the surface? Anyway, kind of ridiculous that the points given for both of these tournaments are exactly the same.
didn't expect that
TimeyWimey is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8th, 2012, 08:41 PM   #558
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute

O is anett planning on playing any higher level challengers/wtas xause she could play bastad?
Old Mar 9th, 2012, 09:03 AM   #559
country flag muusa

muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold

I seriously doubt she's gonna try WTA this year. Looks like she wants to take it very slowly. Unless maybe she does really really well in those challengers, but even then I think no. After Tallinn she was talking about "having to return to 10k if she does not succeed in 25k-s".
muusa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9th, 2012, 09:12 AM   #560
country flag chingching

Quote:
Originally Posted by muusa View Post
I seriously doubt she's gonna try WTA this year. Looks like she wants to take it very slowly. Unless maybe she does really really well in those challengers, but even then I think no. After Tallinn she was talking about "having to return to 10k if she does not succeed in 25k-s".
Returning to 10ks should be a last resort as she can basically win everyone she plays. Its a good idea to take it slow, she is only 16!!!
But I do think if she was the ambitious type that a WTA international Quarterfinal or a high level challenger semi would be doable and a great result. If only Estonia had a challenger
Old Mar 9th, 2012, 12:11 PM   #561
country flag chingching

Can anyone think of a calender after these tournaments???
For example, lets say she makes semis bath, wins tunis and quarters chiasso. Her rankin will be top 400. Do you think she will play some more 25s?? If so, which ones. Or will she consider 50s??
Old Mar 9th, 2012, 07:33 PM   #562
country flag TimeyWimey

TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of

just found Lauren Davis, who won 2010 Orange Bowl, is now a top 200 player after first round win at IW yesterday, so if Anett wants to make that push and has the chance to do so, why not?
TimeyWimey is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10th, 2012, 12:17 AM   #563
country flag chingching

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyeszjj View Post
just found Lauren Davis, who won 2010 Orange Bowl, is now a top 200 player after first round win at IW yesterday, so if Anett wants to make that push and has the chance to do so, why not?
agreed
and i am not criticising lauren, she is a great persona and has a really good game but the god have blessed anett with a bigger physique so from a younger age hopefully she can match it with the big ones. And lauren has an easy second round which is great to see
Old Mar 10th, 2012, 05:58 AM   #564
country flag chingching

1 or 2 players are withdrawing everyday
The field is gradually weakening
Anett now has a good chance to go far, or even win if she plays as well as fed cup
Old Mar 16th, 2012, 02:10 AM   #565
country flag chingching

The tournament has now weakened considerably. There will be some unranked players in qualifying and the last direct acceptance is below 300. Anett has a great chance now. A semi or final is do able if she can replicate fed cup form. Is it just me or does anett not play as well at home (this years tallinn 10k, fed cup??)
Old Mar 16th, 2012, 02:44 AM   #566
country flag chingching

New Profile Picture And Signature!!!!
Old Mar 16th, 2012, 02:50 AM   #567
country flag chingching

How fo you put photos up without you haveing to click a link??
Old Mar 16th, 2012, 05:47 AM   #568
country flag chingching

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueTrees. View Post
Put [img] at the start of the link and [/img] at the end.
Thanks so much!!!
Old Mar 19th, 2012, 09:23 PM   #569
country flag muusa

muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold

Anett's draw in Bath

Elitsa KOSTOVA (BUL) [1]
Patrycja SANDUSKA (POL) (Q)
Anett KONTAVEIT (EST) (JE)
Alize LIM (FRA)

Her first match is probably on Wednesday.
muusa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19th, 2012, 09:51 PM   #570
country flag chingching

A very good draw for anett if she can get past elitsa. If she can get past the second round (i dont see her losing first round if she can gain any type of good form), the semi finals is very much possible