Anett Kontaveit - Page 211 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 19th, 2014, 07:17 PM   #3151
country flag Ollie.

Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Anett Kontaveit

Amazing win over Cornet. It's always hard to follow up a big win, so as a young player, she has nothing to be ashamed of.

Rybarikova _ Hradecka _ K.Bondarenko _ Kleybanova _ Flipkens _ Govortsova _ Krajicek _ Martic _ Cetkovska _ Rezai _ Peer _ Begu _ Dulgheru _ Arvidsson _ Larsson _ Goerges _ Mattek-Sands _ Scheepers _ Peng _ Minella _ Puchkova _ Voegele _ Laine
Ollie. is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 19th, 2014, 07:57 PM   #3152
country flag Meelis
Team WTAworld

Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chingching View Post
BTW, the idea of a coach is becoming more and more important as raised in various articles, as Cepelova massively benefited from the Coaching rule and Anett had the opposite... I think maybe even getting her mum on would have helped
Anett is saying that she dislikes the whole "coach on court" thing and even when she had a coach she never used it.
Meelis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19th, 2014, 08:01 PM   #3153
country flag Meelis
Team WTAworld

Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute

But obviously she needs to find a good coach as soon as possible.
Old Jul 19th, 2014, 11:57 PM   #3154
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meelis View Post
Anett is saying that she dislikes the whole "coach on court" thing and even when she had a coach she never used it.
Really That surprises me given how her concentration wavers sometimes... I think she is the 1st player to dislike it... I know some don't do it but to actually dislike it is humorous

BTW, do you know if ITF and WTA Qualifying have this coaching?

Quote:
But obviously she needs to find a good coach as soon as possible.
DO you know if there has been any movement? Is she convinced to find an International coach? Doing well in Sweden would have helped that.

BTW, I really think Anett should have entered Landisville/Caracas as well as Montreal so that if she made Montreal Qualies she would pull out. I don't know what Anett's ranking was for Qualifying Acceptance but I have my doubts she will make the cut. Having Landisville is a nice fall-back position also if she flops in Vancouver. Hopefully she intends to play tournaments after US Open in America because it would be such a waste if she just played 2 tournaments which are quite far apart

Anett still a hit on WTA website

Oh and BTW due to Melanie Oudin's good results in Carson 50K she will overtake Anett in the rankings, rendering her being ranked 145 She will be 8th Seed in Vancouver If Anett wants a USO Qualifying Seed she will have to mae at least a Quarter Final unless she does well in Montreal

Kaia hit 24 Aces (the WTA record) vs Safarova Tokyo Round 1 2008

Last edited by chingching : Jul 20th, 2014 at 12:20 AM.
chingching is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20th, 2014, 08:37 AM   #3155
country flag Meelis
Team WTAworld

Quote:
Originally Posted by chingching View Post
Really That surprises me given how her concentration wavers sometimes... I think she is the 1st player to dislike it... I know some don't do it but to actually dislike it is humorous

BTW, do you know if ITF and WTA Qualifying have this coaching?
Maybe not dislike, but she says that she wants to think, analyze and make decisions on court herself.

WTA yes, ITF's depends how organizers decide. Since 2013 it's allowed to allow on court coaching.
Old Jul 20th, 2014, 09:22 AM   #3156
country flag muusa

muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold

These were her exact words according to the article in Postimees:

Lõpetuseks tõdes Kontaveit, et pole treenerit veel leidnud ning kellegagi läbirääkimisi ei pea. Otsingud jätkuvad. Juhendajast oleks abi mängu eel ja järel, kuid mitte ajal, selgitas ta: "Väljakul meeldib ise mõelda, analüüsida ja tegutseda. Ka siis, kui mul treener oli, ei kutsunud teda väljakule nõuandeid jagama."

Btw the Montreal qualies list is very strong indeed, the last one in is currently Rogers, #104. Maybe Anett hopes to get a wildcard? I'm also surprised she didn't enter a 25k as a backup.

Last edited by muusa : Jul 20th, 2014 at 09:32 AM.
muusa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20th, 2014, 12:07 PM   #3157
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by muusa View Post
These were her exact words according to the article in Postimees:

Lõpetuseks tõdes Kontaveit, et pole treenerit veel leidnud ning kellegagi läbirääkimisi ei pea. Otsingud jätkuvad. Juhendajast oleks abi mängu eel ja järel, kuid mitte ajal, selgitas ta: "Väljakul meeldib ise mõelda, analüüsida ja tegutseda. Ka siis, kui mul treener oli, ei kutsunud teda väljakule nõuandeid jagama."

Btw the Montreal qualies list is very strong indeed, the last one in is currently Rogers, #104. Maybe Anett hopes to get a wildcard? I'm also surprised she didn't enter a 25k as a backup.
Interesting, I didn't see that article Nice to see her wanting to improve her tennis thinking

Quote:
Maybe not dislike, but she says that she wants to think, analyze and make decisions on court herself.

WTA yes, ITF's depends how organizers decide. Since 2013 it's allowed to allow on court coaching.
I was just thinking, because I have never seen it happen before on ITF

Old Jul 21st, 2014, 01:00 PM   #3158
country flag muusa

muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold

146. in the rankings, 121. in the race
Old Jul 21st, 2014, 08:11 PM   #3159
country flag Ollie.

Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute

^ Nice.

Rybarikova _ Hradecka _ K.Bondarenko _ Kleybanova _ Flipkens _ Govortsova _ Krajicek _ Martic _ Cetkovska _ Rezai _ Peer _ Begu _ Dulgheru _ Arvidsson _ Larsson _ Goerges _ Mattek-Sands _ Scheepers _ Peng _ Minella _ Puchkova _ Voegele _ Laine
Ollie. is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21st, 2014, 09:11 PM   #3160
country flag chingching

How exciting Really pounding her way towards Top 100 I am surprised she is so low on the race as I don't recall her having any really amazing results last year... Only 84 Points from Podgorica and Margaret River

At least not she has made her Goal Making Top 100 by the end of the year also seems very possible

Old Jul 28th, 2014, 08:11 PM   #3161
country flag Rusher

Rusher is a name known to all Rusher is a name known to all Rusher is a name known to all Rusher is a name known to all Rusher is a name known to all Rusher is a name known to all Rusher is a name known to all Rusher is a name known to all Rusher is a name known to all Rusher is a name known to all Rusher is a name known to all

New career-high, 145. in the rankings.

Starts against Olga Savchuk in Vancouver. Should be winnable.
Rusher is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28th, 2014, 08:50 PM   #3162
country flag muusa

The first couple of rounds should be winnable surely.
There will be streams from three courts also.
Old Jul 28th, 2014, 09:12 PM   #3163
country flag chingching

How exciting with the stream Unless Anett plays really badly, she should at least make the QFs... Tatishvili is not in amazing form but has been playing some tough players so hopefully Anett can make a SF Min vs Gajdosova will be close I think...

No Doubles however I wanted her to play with Krajicek Anyway, hopefully she plays some more when she gets back to Europe

Old Jul 29th, 2014, 09:17 AM   #3164
country flag SecondAce

SecondAce is a name known to all SecondAce is a name known to all SecondAce is a name known to all SecondAce is a name known to all SecondAce is a name known to all SecondAce is a name known to all SecondAce is a name known to all SecondAce is a name known to all SecondAce is a name known to all SecondAce is a name known to all SecondAce is a name known to all

Good luck Anett!
SecondAce is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29th, 2014, 09:19 AM   #3165
country flag chingching

Oh and BTW, her post on Whitt's instagram still has me laughing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anett Kontaveit
Stop abusing my dog he doesn't like you