Anett Kontaveit - Page 209 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 15th, 2014, 09:33 PM   #3121
country flag Tennisfan06

Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Anett Kontaveit

Sucks that she have to play tomorrow, I hope she is not too tired and continues well.
Tennisfan06 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 15th, 2014, 09:50 PM   #3122
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoAmI? View Post
She speaks in a rather unusual way for an Estonian. She sounds kinda like Vekic Whenever she's in America she also sounds American I just remember her Fed Cup interviews in 2011 and I just knew instantly that she was Estonian

Estonians actually went 3-0 Yesterday in Båstad

Quote:
Originally Posted by SecondAce View Post
A photo of Anett has put as a cover photo for the Facebook page of the Bastad tournament...

https://www.facebook.com/swedishopen
Who wouldn't want her

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennisfan06 View Post
Girl made it to wtatennis front page
http://www.wtatennis.com/news/articl...op-seed-cornet
I knew she would
Dumped on Court 1 though

When Anett is Number 1 I officially when WTA Fan Favourite award
chingching is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15th, 2014, 10:38 PM   #3123
country flag muusa

muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold

What rank approx. does she have to be for USO qualies seeding?
muusa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15th, 2014, 11:24 PM   #3124
country flag lenc

lenc is a name known to all lenc is a name known to all lenc is a name known to all lenc is a name known to all lenc is a name known to all lenc is a name known to all lenc is a name known to all lenc is a name known to all lenc is a name known to all lenc is a name known to all lenc is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by muusa View Post
What rank approx. does she have to be for USO qualies seeding?
As always that depends on how many wild-cards are above her and protected ranking entrants behind her. But 104 top ranked players will get to the main draw, there are 32 seeds in qualifying, so the cut-off for seeding will probably be somewhere between 135-145.
lenc is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16th, 2014, 05:15 AM   #3125
country flag Kəv.

Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute
Wow Anett!! Proved me wrong there
Wow this is great for her, and now she gets to play another Serena beater great draw now, please take advantage

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

ZARINA DIYAS. QIANG WANG. SHILIN XU. AYUMI MORITA.
LESIA TSURENKO. ALIZÉ LIM. ANA IVANOVIC. JULIA GÖRGES.
CASEY DELLACQUA. NAIKTHA BAINS. PRISCILLA HON. OLIVIA TJANDRAMULIA.
Kəv. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16th, 2014, 06:02 AM   #3126
country flag Trey

Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute

Great win for Anett keep it up

S. Stephens | M. Keys | A. Riske | C. Vandeweghe | J. Hampton | T. Townsend | V. Duval | S. Vickery | S. Crawford

L. Chirico | Cici. Bellis |T. Black | H. Black | J. Daniel | M. Gordon | S. Kenin | W. Osuigwe | M. Shishkina | G. Faith Andrews
Trey is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16th, 2014, 10:44 AM   #3127
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute

Seeing Anett on the WTA website just reminds me of how long I have been a fan I still remember like it was yesterday when she beat Dana Ihsanova 6-0 6-2 and I knew she'd be something. Then she won Tallinn 10K. Then Fed Cup, Asian Juniors, that random 10K Sweden loss doing well vs Vuvurenka at Fed Cup, Roland Garros Juniors, Almere 10K, Wimby R3, playing those Finnish tournaments with Dinah Pfizenmaier, winning Savitaipale, US Open Junior loss to Vickery after losing to AK Schmiedlova, average results including a win against Becca in 10K Sweden, qualifying for that 25K where Chris gave the 1st report on her ever... Helsinki and then Eddie Herr + Orange Bowl What a year that was and what this now is Such happy thoughts, she deserves it Hopefully Kaia will cheer for her

Oh and of course I remember when she qualified for 10K Savitaipale in her 1st ever Pro Event, and lost to Syna Kayser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kəv. View Post
Wow Anett!! Proved me wrong there
Wow this is great for her, and now she gets to play another Serena beater great draw now, please take advantage

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
Does Lefande have anything to say I will of course be watching tonight's match
Old Jul 16th, 2014, 11:52 AM   #3128
country flag SecondAce

SecondAce is a name known to all SecondAce is a name known to all SecondAce is a name known to all SecondAce is a name known to all SecondAce is a name known to all SecondAce is a name known to all SecondAce is a name known to all SecondAce is a name known to all SecondAce is a name known to all SecondAce is a name known to all SecondAce is a name known to all

Anett is not playing so well at the moment. It is 5:4 to Cepelova, on serve, but Anett has really struggeling on serve... Almost every time Anett has a break point, she hits the ball into the net...

Cepelova breaks serve and wins the first set 6:4.
SecondAce is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16th, 2014, 12:23 PM   #3129
country flag muusa

muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold

Back to reality. A virtual bagel in the second set.
muusa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16th, 2014, 12:26 PM   #3130
country flag lenc

lenc is a name known to all lenc is a name known to all lenc is a name known to all lenc is a name known to all lenc is a name known to all lenc is a name known to all lenc is a name known to all lenc is a name known to all lenc is a name known to all lenc is a name known to all lenc is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by lenc View Post
2.rd vs Cepelova tomorrow 2nd match on Court 1. Fourth day in a row and under 24 hours recovery
And that's what finally got to her. Having to play fourth day in a row and at 12 noon after finishing a tough match last night at 6pm.
Old Jul 16th, 2014, 12:26 PM   #3131
country flag SecondAce

SecondAce is a name known to all SecondAce is a name known to all SecondAce is a name known to all SecondAce is a name known to all SecondAce is a name known to all SecondAce is a name known to all SecondAce is a name known to all SecondAce is a name known to all SecondAce is a name known to all SecondAce is a name known to all SecondAce is a name known to all

Well, that was terrible... Anett lost 4:6 3:6 to Cepelova. I think it is safe to say Anett beat herself... Today her serve was absent, too many UE's. Oh well, it's still a good experience... I guess.
SecondAce is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16th, 2014, 12:27 PM   #3132
country flag Potapovushina
Not impressed.

Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute

Well she lost 4 & 3. It's a shame because she was up a break in set 1 (*3-1 up) and a double break in set 2 (*3-0 up), only to lose the match 4 & 3. In set 2 she basically lost 6 games in a row.

She seems like a truely nice girl and is fun to watch, but from I've seen of her it seems to me that all she can do is bash the ball whatever the circunstances are, with no plan B whatsoever. And there are lots of girls out there who can bash the ball about as well, if better. She needs to work on developping a more versatile game. She's been totally outsmarted by Cepelova.
Potapovushina is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16th, 2014, 12:28 PM   #3133
country flag WhoAmI?

WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Fantastic win

Cepelova will probably be tougher, I mean Cepelova's probably happy too to play Anett instead of Alize.
Quote:
Yeah. But you never know with those players slumping and then suddenly playing good again. I hate when it happens against my favs
Just like I thought So sad she couldn't take an advantage of the draw after beating Cornet
WhoAmI? is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16th, 2014, 12:49 PM   #3134
country flag lenc

Looking on the bright side, this was probably the last match on clay she'll play this year. All hardcourt from now until April 2015 I suppose.
Old Jul 16th, 2014, 12:55 PM   #3135
country flag chingching

Quote:
Originally Posted by Losing Streak View Post
Well she lost 4 & 3. It's a shame because she was up a break in set 1 (*3-1 up) and a double break in set 2 (*3-0 up), only to lose the match 4 & 3. In set 2 she basically lost 6 games in a row.

She seems like a truely nice girl and is fun to watch, but from I've seen of her it seems to me that all she can do is bash the ball whatever the circunstances are, with no plan B whatsoever. And there are lots of girls out there who can bash the ball about as well, if better. She needs to work on developping a more versatile game. She's been totally outsmarted by Cepelova.
She was too fatigued to play Cepelova's pushing style. In addition her aggressive play was working for most of the match, it's just she went into slumps. Her game plan isn't the reason she lost, it's because she just completely lost her concentration after being winning.

I think that is the worst I have ever seen her play and it is sad she had to lose to a play she could have destroyed Hopefully she does better in Vancouver