Anett Kontaveit - Page 205 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 9th, 2014, 12:58 PM   #3061
country flag muusa

muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold
Re: Anett Kontaveit

Should have played Astana which is very weak. I suspect she might skip the Vancouver week and play Caracas/Landisville the week after..
muusa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 9th, 2014, 01:03 PM   #3062
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by muusa View Post
Should have played Astana which is very weak. I suspect she might skip the Vancouver week and play Caracas/Landisville the week after..
I hope she goes points-whoring in Caracas, she needs a title She plays a lot better after she wins titles Although Caracas probably won't be that weak this year. I really don't know why Anett chose to play Bucharest and Bastad... ITFs on Hard Court would have been much smarter IMO. She always raves about how much she loves America so although I understand why she would like to spend time at home, maybe the 50Ks would have been a better choice. I mean when Rogowska, Mestach, Brengle and Gibbs are the only players ranked ahead of you, as if you wouldn't play when you could win 80 Points She has destroyed the 3 of which she has played... and Mestach only just shitted her way through Round 1
chingching is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11th, 2014, 04:18 AM   #3063
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute

Anett is playing Vancouver 100K
She is already in MD There is only 1 P2 ahead of her though
The filed looks a mixture of strong and weak at the same time...

1 Sharon FICHMAN (CAN) 83
2 Timea BABOS (HUN) 89
3 Anna TATISHVILI (USA) 108
4 Nadiia KICHENOK (UKR) 110
5 Danka KOVINIC (MNE) 112
6 Urszula RADWANSKA (POL) 118
7 Jovana JAKSIC (SRB) 124
8 Olivia ROGOWSKA (AUS) 127
9 Veronica CEPEDE ROYG (PAR) 128
10 Katerina SINIAKOVA (CZE) 133
11 Grace MIN (USA) 138
12 Ksenia PERVAK (RUS) 140
13 Allie KIICK (USA) 142
14 Nicole GIBBS (USA) 145
15 Naomi BROADY (GBR) 148
16 Jarmila GAJDOSOVA (AUS) 150
17 Ekaterina BYCHKOVA (RUS) 152
18 Melanie OUDIN (USA) 157
19 Madison BRENGLE (USA) 158
20 Lyudmyla KICHENOK (UKR) 159
21 Eri HOZUMI (JPN) 161
22 Yuliya BEYGELZIMER (UKR) 163
23 An-Sophie MESTACH (BEL) 167
24 Anett KONTAVEIT (EST) 168

Anett really should beat everyone until Gajdosova, then everybody again from Broady until Jaksic, and then will have a shot against some of the Top players I think Gibs may pull out to get a Stanford MDWC... I was also surprised not to see Konta here...

I could see her bombing out in R1 or almost winning here, but let's just hope she does well on Hard Courts
Old Jul 11th, 2014, 06:20 AM   #3064
country flag muusa

muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold

Let's hope she'll really play Vancouver then! Good that she does not have to struggle through qualies again. If she takes that trip she'll surely play a 25k after that as well
muusa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11th, 2014, 07:13 AM   #3065
country flag chingching

Yeah you'd think Only 1 connecting flight and then she's pretty much there I expect her to be on the edge of seeding there... I hope she enters both that and Caracas because Caracas would also be good weather preparation for New York and Easy Points It would have been a lot smarter to put 25K Winnipeg the week after Landisville/Caracas instead of USO Qualifying week That list is going to be empty...
Old Jul 12th, 2014, 03:41 PM   #3066
country flag SecondAce

SecondAce is a name known to all SecondAce is a name known to all SecondAce is a name known to all SecondAce is a name known to all SecondAce is a name known to all SecondAce is a name known to all SecondAce is a name known to all SecondAce is a name known to all SecondAce is a name known to all SecondAce is a name known to all SecondAce is a name known to all

Hope she can qualify. de Vroome is in quite a good form. Good luck!

(6)Kontaveit v (wc)Melander
Birnerova v (9)de Vroome
SecondAce is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12th, 2014, 04:19 PM   #3067
country flag chingching

Should get through Can't believe she managed a Top 6 Seed given the list until 24 Hours ago
6 Qualifiers this time so more chances of a good placement Anett really needs to win a round if she wants her ranking to improve
Old Jul 12th, 2014, 09:33 PM   #3068
country flag Tennisfan06

Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute

Shouldn't have any problems against Melander.
Please qualify and make it 2 Estonians in MD
Tennisfan06 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13th, 2014, 01:24 AM   #3069
country flag chingching

I had a dream that Anett made the Wimbledon Final. I remember she bet players like Giorgi and Duval and she had a massive cakewalk draw but no one doubted her
Now make MD and win some matches
Old Jul 13th, 2014, 12:18 PM   #3070
country flag kaiafan

kaiafan is a splendid one to behold kaiafan is a splendid one to behold kaiafan is a splendid one to behold kaiafan is a splendid one to behold kaiafan is a splendid one to behold kaiafan is a splendid one to behold kaiafan is a splendid one to behold kaiafan is a splendid one to behold kaiafan is a splendid one to behold kaiafan is a splendid one to behold kaiafan is a splendid one to behold

She should make MD ! And the best placement for her would be against Schmiedlova and it's Kaia's possible 2nd round opponent
kaiafan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13th, 2014, 12:22 PM   #3071
country flag chingching

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiafan View Post
She should make MD ! And the best placement for her would be against Schmiedlova and it's Kaia's possible 2nd round opponent
Is this year 1st post here Should qualify providing she actually gets on after this rain
Old Jul 13th, 2014, 01:04 PM   #3072
country flag Tennisfan06

Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute

Tough opponents for qualifiers
I think Pereira would be the most beatable, Schmiedlova would be most interesting because of the possible R2 match against Kaia.
Old Jul 13th, 2014, 01:17 PM   #3073
country flag kaiafan

kaiafan is a splendid one to behold kaiafan is a splendid one to behold kaiafan is a splendid one to behold kaiafan is a splendid one to behold kaiafan is a splendid one to behold kaiafan is a splendid one to behold kaiafan is a splendid one to behold kaiafan is a splendid one to behold kaiafan is a splendid one to behold kaiafan is a splendid one to behold kaiafan is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennisfan06 View Post
Tough opponents for qualifiers
I think Pereira would be the most beatable, Schmiedlova would be most interesting because of the possible R2 match against Kaia.
Ah yes there's Pereira

Quote:
Originally Posted by chingching View Post
Is this year 1st post here Should qualify providing she actually gets on after this rain
Yeah, 1st one I actually like Anett and would love her to do very well. But I want to see her match on TV too I like aggressive games more and she could do better than Kaia Maybe she even beats her here :P Do you think she could turn out to be mentally more tough than our Kaia?
kaiafan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13th, 2014, 01:24 PM   #3074
country flag chingching

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiafan View Post
Ah yes there's Pereira

Yeah, 1st one I actually like Anett and would love her to do very well. But I want to see her match on TV too I like aggressive games more and she could do better than Kaia Maybe she even beats her here :P Do you think she could turn out to be mentally more tough than our Kaia?
Kaia ebbs and flows. Sometimes she wins some really tight matches. Sometimes she chokes. She is more reliable IMO than Anett. Anett will always throw a lead but normally she redeems herself. What Anett does that Kaia doesn't is that she never really chokes against players she should beat. Sometimes she does but Anett's biggest letdowns are against girls like Dellacqua where it would be Career-Changing to get the win Kaia can flop to anyone In some ways they are so similar, in some ways so different. I think Anett will probably do better but that's solely because she seems less prone to injury Matches still not on yet
Old Jul 13th, 2014, 07:52 PM   #3075
country flag Tennisfan06

26 62 64 against Melander, not good she lost a set but at least she won.