Anett Kontaveit - Page 199 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 24th, 2014, 11:04 AM   #2971
country flag Meelis
Team WTAworld

Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Anett Kontaveit

Quote:
Originally Posted by chingching View Post
I swear that last year Kanal 12 or someone bought the rights for the Estonian matches or something I have no proof of this, that's just what I thought

Can you not buy the rights for individual matches And I still think Wimbledon does care because A) I thought I heard they have the most expensive rights (hence why Australian free to air was going to stop showing it) and B) they have less sponsors than many other tournaments. So is there no one in Estonia showing Wimbledon or did Cable TV buy it?
ETV and Delfi showed Kaia's match against Lisicki and that was all.

It's possible to buy individual matches, but it's more expensive (if there's lots of them). Wimbledon is not on TV here. Last time Wimbledon had a proper coverage here was in 2008 when short lived "Kalev Sport" showed it.
Meelis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 24th, 2014, 11:24 AM   #2972
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meelis View Post
ETV and Delfi showed Kaia's match against Lisicki and that was all.

It's possible to buy individual matches, but it's more expensive (if there's lots of them). Wimbledon is not on TV here. Last time Wimbledon had a proper coverage here was in 2008 when short lived "Kalev Sport" showed it.
Oh I see. I thought that they would buy Anett/Jurgen/Kaia's matches

Kaia hit 24 Aces (the WTA record) vs Safarova Tokyo Round 1 2008
chingching is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24th, 2014, 11:25 AM   #2973
country flag muusa

muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold

Initially I did not believe Anett could even take a set from Dellacqua, but she fought really well! Too bad about the MP and the tiebreak, she could have closed it out in two

A good tournament nevertheless. Clearly reaching yet another level now. Everything she has achieved so far has come slowly step by step so we just have to be patient.

Don't know what to expect of Middelburg as she might feel the pressure of being the 1st seed and has to adapt to clay again. Anything less than a final would be useless in terms of points.
muusa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24th, 2014, 12:22 PM   #2974
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by muusa View Post
Initially I did not believe Anett could even take a set from Dellacqua, but she fought really well! Too bad about the MP and the tiebreak, she could have closed it out in two

A good tournament nevertheless. Clearly reaching yet another level now. Everything she has achieved so far has come slowly step by step so we just have to be patient.

Don't know what to expect of Middelburg as she might feel the pressure of being the 1st seed and has to adapt to clay again. Anything less than a final would be useless in terms of points.
It's funny you say that because I absolutely agree with you. My wish was just that Anett won 4 games or so But when I woke up I had the strangest feeling that she'd won. Then I opened her thread and saw a comment like "she pushed her so close" and I though: "oh-no" and then I saw Meelis' posts and I just stared... Suddenly my expectations shot out of the stratosphere

As for the points, that's the same with almost any non-WTA tournament now

I hope she plays Doubles with Indy at Middelburg though And I also hope she plays Bastad (we'll find out in a few weeks) as she can win a round there in Main Draw IMO, which would build up almost 50 Points It's a shame she isn't around the 130 mark she could have been after the win but she has proven she can play closer to Top 50 than her current rank so with some solid tournaments and the USO coming up she really should make Top 100 by years end It's nice she's playing another 25K, her 1st since Preston earlier in the year She's really been playing big events

BTW, I looked through in Middelburg and given the form of the players who entered, no one should really trouble her. I question her logic in some ways of playing on Clay when she could have just waited another week to play Istanbul/Baku but I am sure she has her reasons As for un-seeded players, it would be quite a shock and frankly worrying to see her lose before the QFs.

Old Jun 24th, 2014, 12:37 PM   #2975
country flag Meelis
Team WTAworld

Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
As for the points, that's the same with almost any non-WTA tournament now
WTA points (other than the winner points) were reduced too. It's very much designed to help players who can win tournaments, no matter the level, opposed to the players who win round or two regularly, but don't challenge for the titles.
Old Jun 24th, 2014, 12:52 PM   #2976
country flag chingching

Quote:
WTA points (other than the winner points) were reduced too. It's very much designed to help players who can win tournaments, no matter the level, opposed to the players who win round or two regularly, but don't challenge for the titles.
IK but for Anett winning a round or 2 is still helpful for her ranking. I understand that they have furthered the reductions but earning 55 points or whatever a QF gets is still good for her, even though 70 would be better. However, with ITF tournaments, she really needs to be earning 40+ per tournament for it to benefit her ranking and to do that she needs to basically make Finals. I agree that they would favour winners but IMO at ITF level it was already appropriate. Even for most of WTA. The new distribution is just ridiculous IMO.

Old Jun 24th, 2014, 01:53 PM   #2977
country flag muusa

muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold

She has actually withdrawn from Middelburg just today
Much tougher to gain points in Bucharest.
Old Jun 24th, 2014, 01:59 PM   #2978
country flag chingching

Quote:
She has actually withdrawn from Middelburg just today
Much tougher to gain points in Bucharest.
Now that is a surprise and makes a mockery of my tweet supporting her there
Probably just entered in case she had a really bad Wimbledon

Hopefully she brings her best for Bucharest and manages to Qualify

I wonder if we'll get an interview from Anu

Old Jun 24th, 2014, 06:32 PM   #2979
country flag muusa

Has entered Bastad qualies as well. Looks like she doesn't want to play smaller (I mean 25k) events anymore
Why was Bastad so weak last year? The first seed in Qualies was ranked 254, but this year Anett is barely in with her rank
Old Jun 24th, 2014, 07:59 PM   #2980
country flag Meelis
Team WTAworld

Quote:
Why was Bastad so weak last year? The first seed in Qualies was ranked 254, but this year Anett is barely in with her rank
Qualifying draws are now more packed pretty much everywhere.

In 2014 - winning one match in WTA qualifying gives one point more than winning two matches in 25k MD and winning three matches in WTA qualifying gives as many points as winning three matches in 25k MD (but more money).
In 2013 and before - win in WTA qualifying < win in 25k MD.

As a result players are more likely to sign up to play WTA qualifying.
Old Jun 25th, 2014, 12:07 AM   #2981
country flag Losing Streak

Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute

Krunya Kichenoks Pliskovas Sasnovich Kremen Kovinic Bencic Vekic Diyas Smitkova Bellis Svitolina Cirstea Mlad Garcia Pavlovic Rezai Jovanovski Mitu Savic Savinykh Evtimova Tomova Kalashnikova
Losing Streak is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25th, 2014, 12:09 AM   #2982
country flag King Halep

King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute

I think she looks better in black
Old Jun 25th, 2014, 03:49 AM   #2983
country flag chingching

Quote:
Has entered Bastad qualies as well. Looks like she doesn't want to play smaller (I mean 25k) events anymore
I think, along with what Meelis said, that there were a lot more 25Ks then. Although I do remember there being a series of 25Ks that Anett didn't enter that were exceptionally weak so maybe more players are sticking around in Europe this time? There will also be some withdrawals.

Quote:
Qualifying draws are now more packed pretty much everywhere.

In 2014 - winning one match in WTA qualifying gives one point more than winning two matches in 25k MD and winning three matches in WTA qualifying gives as many points as winning three matches in 25k MD (but more money).
In 2013 and before - win in WTA qualifying < win in 25k MD.

As a result players are more likely to sign up to play WTA qualifying.
This is one of the changes I endorse. But at the same time wouldn't there be more stronger players playing WTA which would lead to weaker players sticking to 25Ks to get more points, meaning that in the end there would eventually be a balance?

I guess the non-points benefits of WTA tournaments even in Qualifying attract players.

BTW Meelis, if a player comes through Qualifying, do they get moved to the (better) MD hotel or must they stay in the Qualifying hotel, perhaps even on their own, for the duration of their tournament?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Losing Streak View Post

There are some other good photos on Twitter. She seems a lot more muscular, although looking at last years photos, the biggest change was from 2012 to 2013, which aligns with her improved results, and also with the 16-18 age when girls start to stop growing but fill out more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melange View Post
I think she looks better in black
Oh Melange

Hopefully the Högstedt partnership will start here Estonian Doubles WC in Sweden for Becca and Anett

Oh and BTW, just to rub it in a tad more, Radwanska plays Dellacqua 1st up on Centre Court Only 1 more point was needed

Last edited by chingching : Jun 25th, 2014 at 04:11 AM.
Old Jun 25th, 2014, 07:25 AM   #2984
country flag Meelis
Team WTAworld

Yeah, it also makes Bastad/Istanbul draws stronger that there's only 50k, 25k and 15k in Europe that week. Last year there was 100k, 50k and three 25k.

Quote:
BTW Meelis, if a player comes through Qualifying, do they get moved to the (better) MD hotel or must they stay in the Qualifying hotel, perhaps even on their own, for the duration of their tournament?
Usually they are moved, I think. Unless player prefers to stay in the old hotel or it was the same place from the start.
Old Jun 25th, 2014, 08:14 AM   #2985
country flag chingching

Quote:
Yeah, it also makes Bastad/Istanbul draws stronger that there's only 50k, 25k and 15k in Europe that week. Last year there was 100k, 50k and three 25k.

Usually they are moved, I think. Unless player prefers to stay in the old hotel or it was the same place from the start.
Also Meelis, are ITF Juniors/Pros/WTA all on the same "Pririty" system, or can you simultaneously have a P1 for ITF Pros and Juniors? Also, how do you enter WTA events?

Do you think that the Bastad QD will weaken much?

Anett also got a mention on other news channels BTW and also on our Pay TV WImbledon Analysis Program, "The Daily Serve" where Casey said some nice things about Anett, although they were very generic. Surprisingly few people mentioned that Casey came back from MP down

And BTW, Anett's thread has overtaken Kaia's in terms of posting activity

Quote:
It is a bit frustrating to see that her junior companions Vekic, Khromacheva and Putintseva are playing USO qualies when Anett is playing some über-weak 10k in Mexico
She's knocked 2 of them off their post and is approaching on the 3rd now muusa It is really sad for Irina though: she is actually getting worse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_Doe View Post
I don't want you to like me, I want you to stop bashing players or users when someone disagree with you or when you don't have valid points left in your pocket.
I don't want to start another argue with you, so I won't post anything more on this matter
I'm glad this homophobe is gone

Last edited by chingching : Jun 25th, 2014 at 08:31 AM.