Anett Kontaveit - Page 190 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 5th, 2014, 10:21 PM   #2836
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Anett Kontaveit

Great revenge for Tallinn If she could get past Pliskova that's when the ranking points finally start to become beneficial If she can keep up this form she really should make MD at Wimbledon
chingching is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 5th, 2014, 11:05 PM   #2837
country flag Kəv.

Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute
Keep it up Anett

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

ZARINA DIYAS. QIANG WANG. SHILIN XU. AYUMI MORITA.
LESIA TSURENKO. ALIZÉ LIM. ANA IVANOVIC. JULIA GOERGES.
CASEY DELLACQUA. NAIKTHA BAINS. PRISCILLA HON. DESTANEE AIAVA.
Kəv. is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6th, 2014, 06:27 AM   #2838
country flag Ballbasher

Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chingching View Post
And Anett has been moved off the streamed court for tomorrow

Anyway, It is not that much harder on WTA... Especially if you are Stephens and you only play big events. If she played up to her ranking at most tournaments she would be like Anett

Hopefully she can move through without too much fuss because the match against Pliskova could be very important
No she wouldn't. Playing up to one's rank means you lose to the first ranked higher. She would have better her seeding to even potentially have a chance.

Good win against Linette! If she is able to Return well against Pliskova she is certainly in with a shot!
Old Jun 6th, 2014, 06:53 AM   #2839
country flag WhoAmI?

WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck vs Pliskova!
WhoAmI? is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6th, 2014, 07:01 AM   #2840
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballbasher View Post
No she wouldn't. Playing up to one's rank means you lose to the first ranked higher. She would have better her seeding to even potentially have a chance.

Good win against Linette! If she is able to Return well against Pliskova she is certainly in with a shot!
If every person Stephens lost to was ranked higher than her then she would achieve what Anett has. Obviously this statistic only works within reason but many players around the 10-20 mark achieve it.

BTW, once again Anett doesn't get a streamed court If she makes the SF though she will on Centre Court Good Luck Anett A big day ahead, potentially ending with her in the Final If she makes the Final she will get a SE
Old Jun 6th, 2014, 07:21 AM   #2841
country flag Ballbasher

Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute

Ah my bad. Read victors as victories. Makes sense now.
Old Jun 6th, 2014, 10:44 AM   #2842
country flag chingching

A Google Translated Quote from Fantasy Hero's blog about Anett

"For a set I followed the young Anett Kontaveit (pictured left), who, after having eliminated our Burnett in the first round did Filotto against Magda Linette 7-5, 6-3.

The young Estonian recalled in an almost monstrous young Maria Sharapova. Not only are the full Nike, the blond hair in a ponytail and aggressive play, no, very self-confident attitude, the way you walk and even some of his expressions seem copied from Masha."

I don't know why everyone thinks she is so similar to Masha Anyway, if she can replicate her game I would be happy Hopefully we get another report especially if she doesn't beat Pliskova and get to play on a streamed court
Old Jun 6th, 2014, 12:54 PM   #2843
country flag King Halep
♥ Si Si Simona Si Si Si

King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute

I never saw any similarity to Marla. Anett has a better tan and her bf is not as good as Grigor
King Halep is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6th, 2014, 01:16 PM   #2844
country flag chingching

Anett ended up losing 6-3 7-6(5)
Against Serve-Bots like Pliskova it will always be tough for someone like her because she is prone to concentration lapses although hopefully that will improve with age and experience. I mean, when you get broken in the 1st Game, the Sets almost gone especially when she surrendered so many 15-30, 30-30 and Deuce opportunities A nice fight back in the end and it was clear she was winning most of the rallies given every time there was a Scoreboard stall she won the point Hopefully she can go a few steps further next week and finally get on a stream

BTW, she will go up to a Career High of #182 and overtakes Konjuh and de Vroome, meaning that only Bencic, Siniakova and Vekic are higher ranked than her and younger Hopefully with some good runs at Wimbledon and Nottingham she can break into the Top 150 (85 Points needed ). Qualifying at Wimbledon and a good run next week should secure it and then she can work on getting a US Open seed

EDIT: Diyas has managed to choke quite succesfully against Oudin of all people so Anett may now only go up to #183
Old Jun 6th, 2014, 02:57 PM   #2845
LefandePatty

LefandePatty has a reputation beyond repute LefandePatty has a reputation beyond repute LefandePatty has a reputation beyond repute LefandePatty has a reputation beyond repute LefandePatty has a reputation beyond repute LefandePatty has a reputation beyond repute LefandePatty has a reputation beyond repute LefandePatty has a reputation beyond repute LefandePatty has a reputation beyond repute LefandePatty has a reputation beyond repute LefandePatty has a reputation beyond repute

Anett

Still a very POSITIVE tournament for her, QF in a 75k
She's getting more and more consistent in her results
LefandePatty is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6th, 2014, 03:14 PM   #2846
country flag chingching

Quote:
Originally Posted by LefandePatty View Post
Anett

Still a very POSITIVE tournament for her, QF in a 75k
She's getting more and more consistent in her results
The thing that pisses me off is their ignorance with the streaming The Tournament Director knew people wanted to watch...
Anyway, the other sad thing is that on ITF good points don't really kick in until SF and even Finals are slightly unfair IMO. She had a very legitimate opportunity to make the Final (would have been cool to have Kont. vs Kont. ) and given Diyas' form maybe even win it She already destroyed MLDB. That would have been great for her ranking and put her in a very very very good position to be well into the Top 100 by the end of the year
Old Jun 8th, 2014, 02:55 AM   #2847
country flag chingching

Anett's draw for the 50K Qualifying is almost exactly the same, except she is 8th Seed instead of 6th

(3)Viktorija Golubic (SUI) v (wc)Maia Lumsden (GBR)
Stephanie Foretz Gacon (FRA) v (wc)Sarah Beth Askew (GBR)
Maria Sanchez (USA) v Mayo Hibi (JPN)
(8)Anett Kontaveit (EST) v (wc)Eden Silva (GBR)

A weak British player in R1, then Sanchez in R2 and then maybe Foretz-Gacon in R3 If she can get through the Qualifying Draw which she really should MD should be a lot easier for her this time so a SF is definitely achievable
Old Jun 8th, 2014, 03:34 AM   #2848
country flag King Halep
♥ Si Si Simona Si Si Si

King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute

I think she can win this week. I also wish good luck to Olivia. That black top looks good and she should wear all black too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chingching View Post
I was just about to post this

IMO favourite for SF Unless the Serve-Bot actually shows up Can't believe Mirjana lost to Katy Dunne
If she plays well I thinks she should come through

BTW, I was just watching some of Anett's infamous match vs Taylor and seriously all the way up until 6-3 3-1* 30-40 she was playing like a Top 50 Player, much better than Cornet did vs Townsend It just shows what level she can produce and it seems she is getting more and more consistent which is just amazing

Finally, it seems Anett has moved over to the new Babolat Racket which has the chip in it or something Nice to see her keeping up with the latest technologies

King Halep is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 8th, 2014, 08:45 AM   #2849
country flag Silent Bird

Silent Bird has a reputation beyond repute Silent Bird has a reputation beyond repute Silent Bird has a reputation beyond repute Silent Bird has a reputation beyond repute Silent Bird has a reputation beyond repute Silent Bird has a reputation beyond repute Silent Bird has a reputation beyond repute Silent Bird has a reputation beyond repute Silent Bird has a reputation beyond repute Silent Bird has a reputation beyond repute Silent Bird has a reputation beyond repute

Anett
Old Jun 8th, 2014, 08:46 AM   #2850
country flag Meelis
Team WTAworld

Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute

By far the easiest qualifying section.
Meelis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote