Anett Kontaveit - Page 188 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 31st, 2014, 01:17 PM   #2806
country flag muusa

muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold
Re: Anett Kontaveit

Fujiwara and Boserup are still playing It's quite safe to assume that if Anett gets to FQR, she'll play Foretz. Too bad Anett's next match is on the same court, it will take forever until she can play..
muusa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 31st, 2014, 01:26 PM   #2807
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by muusa View Post
Fujiwara and Boserup are still playing It's quite safe to assume that if Anett gets to FQR, she'll play Foretz. Too bad Anett's next match is on the same court, it will take forever until she can play..
They've been playing for like 3.5 Hours And on a Grass Court

Anyway, I am sure they will move them to another court if the other matches finish earlier They wouldn't leave other courts empty and make them wait especially with the weather forecast

Anett really should make MD now given she has beat Foretz-Gacon before

EDIT: Boserup won Given that it is already past 2 PM, I think Anett's match will be moved to Centre Court

Kaia hit 24 Aces (the WTA record) vs Safarova Tokyo Round 1 2008
chingching is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2014, 05:11 PM   #2808
country flag muusa

muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold

Boserup takes the first set against Foretz
Anett is struggling with Sanchez, goes to TB.
There were no breaks in the first set (although both of them had 4 BPs in the opening games)
Luckily Anett manages to take the TB 76(2)

Blows another 3 Bps in the first game of the second set.
Tries hard to blow another 2, but does not succeed and finally breaks
At the same time Foretz is on the verge of being bagelled in the second set.

Anett gets broken, back to square one again.
4-4*
Another TB

Anett wins 76(2) 76(6)

Last edited by muusa : May 31st, 2014 at 06:13 PM.
Old May 31st, 2014, 06:12 PM   #2809
country flag LefandePatty

LefandePatty has a reputation beyond repute LefandePatty has a reputation beyond repute LefandePatty has a reputation beyond repute LefandePatty has a reputation beyond repute LefandePatty has a reputation beyond repute LefandePatty has a reputation beyond repute LefandePatty has a reputation beyond repute LefandePatty has a reputation beyond repute LefandePatty has a reputation beyond repute LefandePatty has a reputation beyond repute LefandePatty has a reputation beyond repute

Anett won, 7-6(2) 7-6(6)
Phew that was quite close but it's great that she could win both tie breaks in the end
Now she will face Boserup in the QFR, who beat easily Foretz-Gacon 6-3 6-1
Good luck Anett!
Old May 31st, 2014, 11:12 PM   #2810
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute

I am surprised it was so tough but nice to see she won

Boserup is so confusing I still think Anett will get past Hopefully she can get a nice MD spot

Old Jun 1st, 2014, 11:59 AM   #2811
country flag muusa

Anett lost only one point on her serve in the first set against Boserup
Old Jun 1st, 2014, 12:00 PM   #2812
country flag Tennisfan06

Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute

Anett takes the 1st set 61. Very good serve stats, she hit 5 aces and 0 DFs, lost only 1 point on her serve in the first set
Tennisfan06 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1st, 2014, 12:00 PM   #2813
country flag chingching

Anett is dominating and wins the 1st Set 6-1

The funniest thing: 5 Aces/0 DFs compared to Boserup's 0 Aces/1 DF Also 3/4 BP Conversion

Hopefully she can finish it off easily and get that MD spot

Old Jun 1st, 2014, 12:00 PM   #2814
country flag SecondAce

SecondAce is a name known to all SecondAce is a name known to all SecondAce is a name known to all SecondAce is a name known to all SecondAce is a name known to all SecondAce is a name known to all SecondAce is a name known to all SecondAce is a name known to all SecondAce is a name known to all SecondAce is a name known to all SecondAce is a name known to all

Anett is playing well. She won the first set against Boserup 6:1.
SecondAce is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1st, 2014, 12:11 PM   #2815
country flag Tennisfan06

Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute

Anett leading 3-0* in 2nd
Old Jun 1st, 2014, 12:26 PM   #2816
country flag SecondAce

SecondAce is a name known to all SecondAce is a name known to all SecondAce is a name known to all SecondAce is a name known to all SecondAce is a name known to all SecondAce is a name known to all SecondAce is a name known to all SecondAce is a name known to all SecondAce is a name known to all SecondAce is a name known to all SecondAce is a name known to all

Nice win 6:1 6:1
SecondAce is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1st, 2014, 12:32 PM   #2817
country flag LefandePatty

LefandePatty has a reputation beyond repute LefandePatty has a reputation beyond repute LefandePatty has a reputation beyond repute LefandePatty has a reputation beyond repute LefandePatty has a reputation beyond repute LefandePatty has a reputation beyond repute LefandePatty has a reputation beyond repute LefandePatty has a reputation beyond repute LefandePatty has a reputation beyond repute LefandePatty has a reputation beyond repute LefandePatty has a reputation beyond repute

Oh yeah
Anett
Old Jun 1st, 2014, 12:32 PM   #2818
country flag Tennisfan06

11 aces and 1 DFs. 7 points lost on her serve

Last edited by Tennisfan06 : Jun 1st, 2014 at 01:54 PM.
Old Jun 1st, 2014, 12:53 PM   #2819
country flag muusa

There are a bunch of good top 100 players in the MD. Not sure how many of them left exactly as some were still playing in Paris. Well, whoever Anett gets in MD, she should have some sort of an edge by having already played three matches on grass
Old Jun 1st, 2014, 05:40 PM   #2820
country flag Tennisfan06

Plays against Burnett in R1. Burnett made it to the SF in Nottingham 50K and FQR at Wimbledon last year.
R2 would probably be against 1st seeded Puig.