Anett Kontaveit - Page 18 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 12th, 2012, 10:26 AM   #256
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Anett Kontaveit

Career high No. 6 for Anett!
She will be No. 5 next week and will therefore be either 4 or 5 seeding depending on wether they seed Putintseva higher.
chingching is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 12th, 2012, 10:27 AM   #257
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusher View Post
There was little interview with Anett:
http://www.ohtuleht.ee/457810
Double the christmas presents!!!
Old Jan 12th, 2012, 10:58 AM   #258
country flag chingching

OMG!!! There are no 50ks in Europe on the ITF Calender and there arent many 25ks (Mainly Moscow and Belgium)
Old Jan 14th, 2012, 08:44 AM   #259
country flag muusa

muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold

Anett is seed no 2 in Traralgon. The draw doesn't look too good however - Townsend, Hardebeck, Mestach, Vickery, Putintseva all in her half. Meeting Townsend in R3.
Let's see how it goes
muusa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14th, 2012, 11:24 AM   #260
country flag chingching

Quote:
Originally Posted by muusa View Post
Anett is seed no 2 in Traralgon. The draw doesn't look too good however - Townsend, Hardebeck, Mestach, Vickery, Putintseva all in her half. Meeting Townsend in R3.
Let's see how it goes
Townsend/Hardeback her confidence will grow. She should beat Putintseva if she plays agressive aain and if she gets to the final she should win. But anett isnt great on the outdoor hardcourts and she's never played on plexicushion before (the blue australian hardcourts) so we may be expecting too much from her.
Old Jan 15th, 2012, 03:46 AM   #261
country flag chingching

Anett Kontaveit def. Anna Danilina 36 62 63.
A sigh of relief there. Was down 63 20 0-40 before her serve started working.
Thank god she won. Played a very inspired opponent.
Next Olga Doroshina.
Here are the results and draws from Tennis Australia, better updated then the ITF.
http://tournaments.tennis.com.au/spo...8-85E0E2B0C02F
Old Jan 15th, 2012, 03:48 AM   #262
country flag chingching

I also watched a bit of Bouchard! Nearly got knocked out by Aussie hope Abbie Myers. Seems really slow around the court. Was down many break points in the 3rd but some good serves and groundstrokes along with some missed opportunities from Abbie meant that Eugenie slipped through. Anett's not the only one struggling!
Old Jan 15th, 2012, 08:01 AM   #263
country flag muusa

muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by chingching View Post
Anett Kontaveit def. Anna Danilina 36 62 63.
A sigh of relief there. Was down 63 20 0-40 before her serve started working.
Phew indeed. So she won 6 games in a row in the second set as soon as her serve started to work. Let's hope the serve works better in the next match then
I am surprised Anett is not playing doubles. Actually, none of the other three higher seeds are either.

Are you there watching the matches live? Nice to hear these reports.
muusa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15th, 2012, 10:49 AM   #264
country flag chingching

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueTrees. View Post
Were you there are Traralgon today, chingching?

A bit of a struggle for Anett today but glad she got through.
Yeah. Am going to the open so I thought i'd see anett just for today. she is very good to see live as she is really agressive. had never seen her live before. happy i made the trip. danilina is quite good though. she played amazingly against anett. sh played better than her nearly all the match and anett wasnt playing that badly. had tonnes of opportunities to break but anett played really good points on the big points. much more mature. danilina fell apart at 33 in the second. started playing really negative and ended up crying. anett played a very professional match. danilina very agressive on return but shyed away at the big points. moved much quicker than anett and was getting in anetts head. actually quite unlucky to lose. but happy she did
Doroshina will be tonnes easier. ive seen izzy wallace and shes really bad. anett would have won 61 61 or something like that. hopefully straight sets tomorrow. Anett first on court 8.
http://tournaments.tennis.com.au/spo...02F&d=20120116
she didnt enter doubles but if she did she basically would have been uarenteed top seed as top seeds are csoregi and kulichkova!
Old Jan 15th, 2012, 10:51 AM   #265
country flag chingching

Quote:
Originally Posted by muusa View Post
Phew indeed. So she won 6 games in a row in the second set as soon as her serve started to work. Let's hope the serve works better in the next match then
I am surprised Anett is not playing doubles. Actually, none of the other three higher seeds are either.

Are you there watching the matches live? Nice to hear these reports.
I wont see tomorrows because i am in melbourne but i might go to the finals if she makes it. free sntry!! dpends what teh schedule in melbourne is like for finals day
Old Jan 15th, 2012, 11:05 AM   #266
country flag chingching

I really hope Anett doesnt play Tallinn Singles. It would be a waste of 2 tournaments as she can only play 12. It might be could to play doubles though and get her ranking up. She should use her 25k wildcards early in the year so she can get her ranking up. It would be useless to use them at the end of the year as her ranking would already be high enough to get into most 25ks. I know it might be disappointing for the Estonians who wanted to see her play but still, I think it would be best for her career. If she wants to be around 200-300 at the end of year, then she has to focus on challengers.
Old Jan 16th, 2012, 06:41 AM   #267
country flag chingching

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueTrees. View Post
2R: (2)Anett Kontaveit (EST) df. Olga Doroshina (RUS) 6-4 6-3

(13)Taylor Townsend (USA) up next. Should be tough. Townsend is pretty good and almost beat Robson at the US Open qualifying last year.
I know. She actually beat Arantxa Parra Santonja at the first round of qualifying. Doubles freak!!!!
Old Jan 16th, 2012, 08:15 AM   #268
country flag chingching

If Anett wins Traralgon, Aussie Open and Aussie Open Doubles (hard to see happening with her current form and Irina loses in the semis or earlier and gets no doubles points, then Anett will be no. 1! If she makes the semis in traralgon she goes up to career high No. 4!
Old Jan 16th, 2012, 11:21 PM   #269
country flag Meelis
Team WTAworld

Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute

R3: (13)Taylor Townsend (USA) d. (2)Anett Kontaveit (EST) 61 76(3)
Meelis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17th, 2012, 01:08 AM   #270
country flag chingching

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meelis View Post
R3: (13)Taylor Townsend (USA) d. (2)Anett Kontaveit (EST) 61 76(3)
Not completely surprised given the scores with the other opponents. Taylor probably just played agressively and anett either was too slow or couldnt get a ball in the court until the second where her serve and return started working but too late.