Anett Kontaveit - Page 179 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 24th, 2014, 04:17 PM   #2671
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Anett Kontaveit

Anett finally gets the first 7-6(3) against Gibbs after having 5-3* 15-40 Fell behind 6-5* and went from 3-0 to 3-3 in the TB but she managed to get it

Just won the opening game of the 2nd on her serve quickly for 1-0

Kaia hit 24 Aces (the WTA record) vs Safarova Tokyo Round 1 2008
chingching is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 24th, 2014, 05:52 PM   #2672
country flag muusa

muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold

Those matchpoints

I was afraid she got an injury or sth, but apparently it is just a sickness.

Anett Kontaveit ‏@kontaveit 11m
I guess last night wasn't the best time to get sick

Hopefully she gets better soon. And yes, I also think that this is the first time I have ever seen her retire.

An update: she was unwell already yesterday during her match. It got worse in the evening and she was unsure if she is able to play the next day at all.

Last edited by muusa : Apr 24th, 2014 at 06:36 PM.
muusa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24th, 2014, 08:27 PM   #2673
country flag muusa

muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold

Just finished watching Halep-Kuznetsova and I could not believe - it was basically the same match all over again: Halep choking 5-2 lead to 57, then blows 3 set points in the second set and finally loses 67
Old Apr 24th, 2014, 11:24 PM   #2674
country flag Kəv.

Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute
Anett

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

Imagine Dragons. Of Monsters and Men. Samantha Jade. Bastille <3

R.I.P Forever Elena Baltacha <3
Kəv. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25th, 2014, 05:19 AM   #2675
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute

It really sucks she's unwell

Just get better for Indian Harbour Beach And no Doubles Title If only she took those MPs and BPs/GPs at the end of 2nd It just shows how much better she is than Gibbs when she isn't ill What sickness? She seems to get sick a lot like in Moscow and Launceston...

Old Apr 25th, 2014, 06:42 AM   #2676
country flag muusa

Quote:
Originally Posted by chingching View Post
It just shows how much better she is than Gibbs when she isn't ill What sickness? She seems to get sick a lot like in Moscow and Launceston...
Some virus probably
Yeah, her form must be pretty good in general considering she beat Oudin when not feeling 100% and was close to beat Gibbs as well feeling even worse.
She has about 4-5 days to recover now, I hope she can play in IHB.
Old Apr 28th, 2014, 07:13 AM   #2677
country flag muusa

Why did she get 0 points for reaching R2 in Charlottesville? (I'm looking at the wtatennis results page) Is it the issue with withdrawing from Marrakech?
Old Apr 28th, 2014, 11:07 AM   #2678
country flag Meelis
Team WTAworld

Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute

At least she did not win the tournament That would have hurt.
Meelis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28th, 2014, 11:24 AM   #2679
country flag muusa

But this is insane, she was still competing in doubles at the time of Marrakech qualies. Wasn't that enough to be excused?
Old Apr 28th, 2014, 12:07 PM   #2680
country flag chingching

Quote:
Originally Posted by muusa View Post
But this is insane, she was still competing in doubles at the time of Marrakech qualies. Wasn't that enough to be excused?
Exactly I really hate the WTA, the ITF is so much better

Old Apr 28th, 2014, 06:54 PM   #2681
country flag muusa

(1)Marina Erakovic (NZL) v Q
Julia Cohen (USA) v Q
Montserrat Gonzalez (PAR) v Anett Kontaveit (EST)
(5)Irina Falconi (USA) v Nicole Gibbs (USA)

Of course she gets the quarter with Erakovic.
Old Apr 29th, 2014, 07:38 AM   #2682
country flag muusa

Looks like this will be her last tournament before RG qualies, because she pulled out of Saint-Gaudens/Prague.
Old Apr 30th, 2014, 07:28 PM   #2683
country flag Tennisfan06

Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute

Won 63 30 RET
Next up is Gibbs again.
Tennisfan06 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30th, 2014, 10:01 PM   #2684
country flag chingching

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennisfan06 View Post
Won 63 30 RET
Next up is Gibbs again.
LOL has drawn her 3 times this year
Please don't get sick/retire/have MPs and lose/lose at all

Out of curiosity, has she recovered from her sickness? Hopefully she and Ilona win, they have the Top Seeds

Old May 1st, 2014, 03:32 PM   #2685
country flag Tennisfan06

Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute

64 61
Had some trouble closing the match but the result was NID all the time.

Next is Erakovic or Eikkeri.
Tennisfan06 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote