Anett Kontaveit - Page 177 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 18th, 2014, 07:07 AM   #2641
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Anett Kontaveit

Quote:
Originally Posted by muusa View Post
I can't believe they prefer Kiick's match to Duval's on stadium court, so this means no video again
Surprisingly Anett has entered Trnava 75k / Cagnes 100k as well. Isn't she taking some weeks off after three consecutive tournaments? Of course I wouldn't mind seeing her playing as much as possible and she can always withdraw if she gets "too many" matches in the States
IK, Kiick is so boring And Duval is from Florida plus has the French background, similar to Louisiana I am shell-shocked literally At least her Doubles is on a stream

Anyway, I was also surprised she entered Cagnes/Trnava because not only does she have a lot of tournaments going on but she has other commitments like school and a life in Estonia... Still, it will definitely be a good finder of her level against the really good girls on Red Clay

Kaia hit 24 Aces (the WTA record) vs Safarova Tokyo Round 1 2008
chingching is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 18th, 2014, 07:21 AM   #2642
country flag muusa

muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold

Last year the MD cut-off to Trnava was 183, so it is likely that she won't make it to MD. In that case she only needs to win one round in Indian Harbour Beach to already make it quite pointless rushing to the Trnava qualies. She'd be jetlagged and tired from the trip. Or maybe it is her plan for the scenario where she does extremely well in Dothan and Charlottesville and decides to skip IHB
muusa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18th, 2014, 08:30 AM   #2643
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by muusa View Post
Last year the MD cut-off to Trnava was 183, so it is likely that she won't make it to MD. In that case she only needs to win one round in Indian Harbour Beach to already make it quite pointless rushing to the Trnava qualies. She'd be jetlagged and tired from the trip. Or maybe it is her plan for the scenario where she does extremely well in Dothan and Charlottesville and decides to skip IHB
I can't be sure but I sense that she entered it as a fall back position, like if she did really badly in her next two and needed some extra match play at a high level I would be surprised if she actually turned around and played

Old Apr 18th, 2014, 05:43 PM   #2644
country flag muusa

muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold

Looks like it's raining there, they keep rescheduling the matches. The forecast does not seem to be better for tomorrow either.
Old Apr 19th, 2014, 06:21 PM   #2645
country flag Meelis
Team WTAworld

Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute

Lost to Duval 4-6 4-6, without ever really getting into it. And received walkover in doubles (both semis were w.o.).
Meelis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20th, 2014, 02:55 AM   #2646
country flag Trey

Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute

Tough lost but Vicky has been on an roll so far this yr, does anyone know where she play next
Trey is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20th, 2014, 04:14 AM   #2647
country flag Kəv.

Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute
Anett

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

Imagine Dragons. Of Monsters and Men. Samantha Jade. Bastille <3

R.I.P Forever Elena Baltacha <3
Kəv. is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20th, 2014, 08:41 AM   #2648
country flag Meelis
Team WTAworld

Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trey View Post
Tough lost but Vicky has been on an roll so far this yr, does anyone know where she play next
Charlottesville
Old Apr 20th, 2014, 08:53 AM   #2649
country flag Meelis
Team WTAworld

http://vikerraadio.err.ee/helid?main_id=2262951

Anett being interviewed by kids

Nothing too surprising, except that her current favorite player is John Isner and if she could be someone else for a day then she would be a squirrel
Old Apr 20th, 2014, 11:08 AM   #2650
country flag muusa

Nice interview
Btw in the match with Duval she was down *1-5 in the first set, then managed to come back to 45* 30-30, but then Duval got 2 points.
Old Apr 20th, 2014, 09:59 PM   #2651
country flag Meelis
Team WTAworld

Defeated Rogers/Rogowska 61 57 10-5 in the doubles final.
Old Apr 21st, 2014, 11:52 AM   #2652
country flag chingching

A shame that she lost against Vicky but she will still reach a Career High in Singles and the 50K Doubles Title is very impressive Kremen is a very good Doubles partner who she should try and keep Better than Ysaline

There is a recording of their match on the USTA livestream.com account It's so funny hearing her speak English She has such a funny and cute accent And she thanked her mama Hopefully she can go farther in the Singles this week but I still thought this was one of her career best weeks :0 it's a shame the new ranking system punishes consistency Hopefully next week she can get another title

OMG her squirrel comment is too funny I think that's what the basis of her friendship with Varya Flink is

Also Meelis, what do you mean when you say she "never really got into it"? Did she say that somewhere?

Old Apr 21st, 2014, 12:03 PM   #2653
country flag Meelis
Team WTAworld

No, it's purely my feelings following the scoreboard. She fell behind right from the start and it never felt like she might turn it around.
Old Apr 21st, 2014, 12:56 PM   #2654
country flag chingching

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meelis View Post
No, it's purely my feelings following the scoreboard. She fell behind right from the start and it never felt like she might turn it around.
Yeah I guess.

Something I gathered from watching her in Doubles (and it may just be because she is playing Doubles) but one of the reasons I think Anett has been so successful on Clay is that she actually doesn't hit the ball that hard. She hits a lot heavier with a lot more depth and also hits Angles without just bashing. Maybe if she incorporated this more into her Hard Court game she would cut-back on UEs and win more matches At Wimbledon though I guess it is better for her to bash

Old Apr 22nd, 2014, 03:39 AM   #2655
country flag Trey

Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute

$50,000 Charlottesville, VA (USA)

(3)Melanie Oudin (USA) v Anett Kontaveit (EST)
Allie Kiick (USA) v Nicole Gibbs (USA)
Elitsa Kostova (BUL) v Maria Sanchez (USA)
(8)Grace Min (USA) v Nastja Kolar (SLO)
Trey is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote