Anett Kontaveit - Page 176 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 15th, 2014, 08:10 AM   #2626
country flag muusa

muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold
Re: Anett Kontaveit

Quite tough indeed, but hopefully she can win a couple of rounds at least. Playing on clay should be an advantage to her. Also, she plays her doubles R1 against Hsu, so that's a good chance to get to know the opponent before the singles match
muusa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 15th, 2014, 09:08 AM   #2627
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by muusa View Post
Quite tough indeed, but hopefully she can win a couple of rounds at least. Playing on clay should be an advantage to her. Also, she plays her doubles R1 against Hsu, so that's a good chance to get to know the opponent before the singles match
She just needs to remember what happened last time she played on Green Clay

And also get some Fed Cup revenge vs Govortsova If Anett does win her Round 1 she will probably get on Centre Court vs Larcher de Brito/Karatantcheva and we will therefore get to see her play

Also, how classic is it that the one year Burnie didn't stream the women was when Anett played

Last edited by chingching : Apr 15th, 2014 at 11:28 AM.
chingching is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16th, 2014, 02:11 AM   #2628
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meelis View Post
Doubles third on court 3 on Tuesday, singles first on court 4 on Wednesday.
I can't believe they released 2 days of scheduling

Anyway, Anett and Ilona won their Doubles 2 and 1 Hopefully they can take out the South American seeds
Old Apr 16th, 2014, 06:06 AM   #2629
country flag muusa

muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold

Good win in doubles
They changed the scheduling after all, now it's second match on court 3 today.
Old Apr 16th, 2014, 03:48 PM   #2630
country flag Meelis
Team WTAworld

Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute

She withdrew from Marrakech today.
Meelis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16th, 2014, 05:59 PM   #2631
country flag muusa

Manages to choke *4-0 lead to 4-3*
Then breaks to *5-3 and gets broken again. Then breaks to love and takes the first set 6-4.
The second set starts better again, takes 3-0* lead....
...only to choke it to *3-3
Holds and breaks to *5-3
Finally serves out the match 6-3

Was harder than I expected. I don't believe she'll get past MLDB, but we'll see

Last edited by muusa : Apr 16th, 2014 at 06:37 PM.
Old Apr 17th, 2014, 03:50 AM   #2632
country flag chingching

With that choking it will be very hard to beat Michelle Still, if she plays well there is no reason why she can't win as Michelle's latest Clay results have not been great I am very worried about this choking though... Still, she got it together when it mattered and it was her 1st Green Clay match in Singles for a while Hopefully she gets Centre Court with a stream and removes Larcher de Brito And that she and Ilona can keep winning in Doubles
Old Apr 17th, 2014, 04:07 AM   #2633
country flag Kəv.

Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute
Go Anett!

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

ZARINA DIYAS. QIANG WANG. SHILIN XU. AYUMI MORITA.
LESIA TSURENKO. ALIZÉ LIM. ANA IVANOVIC. JULIA GOERGES.
CASEY DELLACQUA. NAIKTHA BAINS. PRISCILLA HON. DESTANEE AIAVA.
Kəv. is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17th, 2014, 06:13 AM   #2634
country flag muusa

No stream, plays on Court 4 today
Don't know why they prefer Putintseva-Rogowska instead of Anett-MLDB

Last edited by muusa : Apr 17th, 2014 at 07:35 AM.
Old Apr 17th, 2014, 02:57 PM   #2635
country flag chingching

Quote:
Originally Posted by muusa View Post
No stream, plays on Court 4 today
Don't know why they prefer Putintseva-Rogowska instead of Anett-MLDB
IKR Still, if she makes QF she will get a stream And other matches like Chirico/Kiick don't get Centre Court either

As for Doubles, hopefully she or more likely Ilona don't have long matches because they have a big opportunity to win through here (there opponents only just beat significantly worse opponents 10-8 in a MTB). Ilona already won in a 3rd Set TB and her and Min both grind/push + if Anett gets up she will probably make it 3 sets somehow Anyway, hopefully she wins at least one and preferably two matches here Timea's not in the draw so anything's possible

Also people, if you, like me, would like to see Latvia and Lithuania removed from the Baltic Forum making just an Estonian forum please vote in the Sub-forums thread or PM James saying you agree with me Thanks and if you want my reasons just ask

Last edited by chingching : Apr 17th, 2014 at 03:12 PM.
Old Apr 17th, 2014, 07:05 PM   #2636
country flag Tennisfan06

Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute

Anett beat MLDB 61 62
She lost 0! points on her serve in the first set. Was down 0*-2 in the 2nd set but won the next 6
Tennisfan06 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17th, 2014, 08:55 PM   #2637
country flag WhoAmI?

WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute

What a win!

Good luck in the next round. I mean, no letdowns please!
WhoAmI? is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17th, 2014, 10:18 PM   #2638
country flag SecondAce

SecondAce is a name known to all SecondAce is a name known to all SecondAce is a name known to all SecondAce is a name known to all SecondAce is a name known to all SecondAce is a name known to all SecondAce is a name known to all SecondAce is a name known to all SecondAce is a name known to all SecondAce is a name known to all SecondAce is a name known to all

Very nice win over a difficult opponent. I remember watching MLDB when she beat Sharapova at Wimbledon. I remember thinking that her game was great to watch and I was rooting for her. Shame her results have not been so nice after that epic win. But still, i'm very glad for Anett. Good luck with the next opponent!
SecondAce is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17th, 2014, 10:50 PM   #2639
country flag muusa

Only 3 games lost. Did not expect such result at all. Glad to be wrong again
She must have had a very good service day, similar to the Auckland match vs Rogers.
I hope tomorrow we will have video stream too.

Her doubles match seems to be dragging on forever.
Finally they won 64 64

Last edited by muusa : Apr 17th, 2014 at 11:36 PM.
Old Apr 18th, 2014, 01:48 AM   #2640
country flag chingching

OMG
I can't believe it And I thought she might lose You guys are right, it's like when she played Rogers She just seems to have these days when she plays like a Top 20 player It's a shame we couldn't watch it

As for her serving, well that's just ridic, almost impossible I just can't believe it

So her Green Clay run continues and now also in Doubles and she has now made her 1st 50K QF A big opportunity to make the SF especially if she is playing like this and given Olga's poor form against Rampre maybe she can get some Estonian revenge

As for their Doubles, I am not surprised it took so long given Kremen is a push and the other two are South American Clay-Courters

Last edited by chingching : Apr 18th, 2014 at 02:04 AM.