Anett Kontaveit - Page 172 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 17th, 2014, 05:53 AM   #2566
country flag muusa

muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold
Re: Anett Kontaveit

I actually thought/hoped she got the qualies WC. There she would have least had a chance to win a round. Keys would basically be the worst possible draw for anyone, let alone for a wildcard. I hope she doesn't get double bagelled
But anyway she gets $9000 and even more points than last year

And as of today Anett has now officially achieved another milestone: #196
Welcome to top 200!

Last edited by muusa : Mar 17th, 2014 at 06:07 AM.
muusa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 17th, 2014, 11:05 AM   #2567
country flag Meelis
Team WTAworld

Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, she will get the biggest paycheck in her career.
Meelis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18th, 2014, 11:15 PM   #2568
country flag Meelis
Team WTAworld

Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute

Not a surprise, but last match on Wednesday night on a stadium court. Just like last year

Last year she said that she was overwhelmed.
Old Mar 19th, 2014, 01:57 PM   #2569
country flag Meelis
Team WTAworld

http://www.wtatennis.com/news/article/3721072

MIAMI, FL, USA - Day 2 at the Sony Open Tennis will see a number of the WTA's brightest young talents take on a few of its more experience campaigners.

Wednesday, First Round

Stadium
Madison Keys (USA #38) vs. [WC] Anett Kontaveit (EST #196)
Head-to-head: first meeting
After a stellar junior career, Anett Kontaveit is now attempting to make her mark in the senior ranks. Since appearing at Crandon Park as a wildcard 12 months ago, the Estonian has played almost exclusively on the ITF Circuit, collecting four titles and a handful of runner-up finishes.

First up on her return to the big time is Madison Keys, who despite being less than a year older already possess an intimidating game and plenty of experience that could make life very difficult for Kontaveit. Keys, looking to reach the second round for the third straight year, will try to keep the points short by serving well and taking the initiative early on in the rallies.
Old Mar 20th, 2014, 04:08 AM   #2570
country flag Trey

Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute

Lost

Madison Keys def Anett Kontaveit 6-3 6-2

She seem too put up an good fight through hopefully she be playing more WTA event this yr
Trey is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20th, 2014, 05:32 AM   #2571
country flag muusa

muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold

Had even a number of breakpoints, but didn't make the most out of it. In general I guess it is significantly better result than 3 games against slumping McHale last year
Of all the wildcards her draw surely sucked the most. What are the chances of drawing a top 40 opponent two years in a row
And Peterson got a win over sick Barthel

Plays Monterrey qualies next probably as she withdrew from all the ITFs.
Old Mar 20th, 2014, 07:03 AM   #2572
country flag WhoAmI?

WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute

Qualies would have been a better option. But then again she probably wouldn't have had the chance to play on such a big stadium. It takes a while to get used to those.

Anett should be able to get some wins in Mexico
WhoAmI? is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28th, 2014, 10:46 PM   #2573
country flag Meelis
Team WTAworld

Quote:
First, our flight was cancelled, now I've been in Monterrey for 2 days with no luggage and the tournament starts tomorrow..
Old Mar 28th, 2014, 10:55 PM   #2574
country flag Meelis
Team WTAworld

And tough draw, considering the overall quality of the qualifying field.

(3)Wozniak v Hsu
(wc)De la Pena v Sibille
Will v Stevenson
El Tabakh v (6)Kontaveit
Old Mar 28th, 2014, 11:39 PM   #2575
country flag Trey

Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute

It might not be that bad of an draw, I mean both Sachia Vickery & Françoise Abanda beat Heidi easily last yr & also this yr so I will think that Anett should be able too get past the first round, & you never really know with Stevenson, she always as of late getting injury and having too retire from matches
Trey is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28th, 2014, 11:47 PM   #2576
country flag Silent Bird

Silent Bird has a reputation beyond repute Silent Bird has a reputation beyond repute Silent Bird has a reputation beyond repute Silent Bird has a reputation beyond repute Silent Bird has a reputation beyond repute Silent Bird has a reputation beyond repute Silent Bird has a reputation beyond repute Silent Bird has a reputation beyond repute Silent Bird has a reputation beyond repute Silent Bird has a reputation beyond repute Silent Bird has a reputation beyond repute

Heard she is playing this tournament naked
Silent Bird is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29th, 2014, 06:54 AM   #2577
country flag muusa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trey View Post
It might not be that bad of an draw, I mean both Sachia Vickery & Françoise Abanda beat Heidi easily last yr & also this yr so I will think that Anett should be able too get past the first round, & you never really know with Stevenson, she always as of late getting injury and having too retire from matches
I think Meelis mostly means Wozniak who just beat Lisicki and Pavlyuchenkova in IW

Btw she finally got her luggage back
Old Mar 29th, 2014, 07:24 AM   #2578
country flag Tennisfan06

Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute

When I looked at the Q list I thought if she avoids Wozniak she has a very good chance to qualify, now she got her in her quarter
Anyway, one match at the time and hopefully Anett gets through
Tennisfan06 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29th, 2014, 12:08 PM   #2579
country flag WhoAmI?

WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute

One match at a time

Though can't help but say being drawn to the Wozniak's quarter really sucks

Good luck
WhoAmI? is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30th, 2014, 08:36 AM   #2580
country flag Tennisfan06

Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute

She was scheduled to be the last on her court but there were 3 long matches before and her match against EL Tabakh was postponed. Now, if she wins her first round she also has to play against Stevenson later today.
Tennisfan06 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote