Anett Kontaveit - Page 162 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 7th, 2014, 10:47 PM   #2416
country flag lenc

lenc is a name known to all lenc is a name known to all lenc is a name known to all lenc is a name known to all lenc is a name known to all lenc is a name known to all lenc is a name known to all lenc is a name known to all lenc is a name known to all lenc is a name known to all lenc is a name known to all
Re: Anett Kontaveit

Quote:
Originally Posted by chingching View Post
No she could play 1 or 2 more depending on whether her 1st Round loss in Edinburgh counted
In Edinburgh her doubles result made that tournament count and there was one other time where she did not get points in singles but did in doubles so it counted as well.
lenc is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 8th, 2014, 12:40 AM   #2417
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by lenc View Post
In Edinburgh her doubles result made that tournament count and there was one other time where she did not get points in singles but did in doubles so it counted as well.
There was not another time. She gets an extra Singles tournament for making a GS Final. She played 16 tournaments last year which apparently all counted to her AER tournament limit, but there was a 17th which she could have played. Even if she made SF or F of a 25K it would have pushed her into the Qualifying cut-off area. There were many tournaments like the 25K in Zawada, Minsk or maybe even Bucha in which she could have gotten that result...

Kaia hit 24 Aces (the WTA record) vs Safarova Tokyo Round 1 2008
chingching is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8th, 2014, 05:03 AM   #2418
country flag Meelis
Team WTAworld

Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute

In the end she was pretty far from making the cut. Would have needed to win another 25k title.

But the way how she and her team were confident that her ranking would be good enough

Last edited by Meelis : Jan 8th, 2014 at 05:11 AM.
Meelis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8th, 2014, 06:41 AM   #2419
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meelis View Post
In the end she was pretty far from making the cut. Would have needed to win another 25k title.

But the way how she and her team were confident that her ranking would be good enough
In her defence, this is the lowest cut-off in a long time. Although the ranking is still in the 230s normally there will be a last minute acceptance or Alts lower like last year with Omae getting in at 270... Still, I agree if they really provided appropriate caution they would have played another tournament If only she didn't so massively flop in Australia aside from the one decent tournament in Margaret River. I really hope her career isn't like that Probably best that she goes back to Europe... well that trip was for almost nothing

Old Jan 8th, 2014, 08:44 AM   #2420
country flag muusa

muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold

Oh well, hopefully she'll make it to RG qualies (actually she has to, would be disastrous if she didn't since there is basically nothing to defend in the next 3-4 months).
I wouldn't say this trip was a total waste, since she got to train in good climate, some good wins in Auckland and also "smell" this WTA atmosphere a bit more. And of course be together with her BF.
muusa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8th, 2014, 09:47 AM   #2421
country flag chingching

Quote:
Originally Posted by muusa View Post
Oh well, hopefully she'll make it to RG qualies (actually she has to, would be disastrous if she didn't since there is basically nothing to defend in the next 3-4 months).
I wouldn't say this trip was a total waste, since she got to train in good climate, some good wins in Auckland and also "smell" this WTA atmosphere a bit more. And of course be together with her BF.
True. Auckland was a very good experience. To tell you the truth if this was Wimbledon she could almost have got a WC: she made SF of Juniors last year + won a 25K in the country and is in good form. If Konjuh entered and got in Direct, Siniakova would already have been in and then Anett could have got a WC But this is TA who are the biggest fuckers not even giving Panfil a QWC

Old Jan 8th, 2014, 12:55 PM   #2422
country flag Ballbasher

Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
In her defence, this is the lowest cut-off in a long time. Although the ranking is still in the 230s normally there will be a last minute acceptance or Alts lower like last year with Omae getting in at 270... Still, I agree if they really provided appropriate caution they would have played another tournament If only she didn't so massively flop in Australia aside from the one decent tournament in Margaret River. I really hope her career isn't like that Probably best that she goes back to Europe... well that trip was for almost nothing
Omae was not an alt last year, she got in like two days before the draw was released. There were loads of withdrawals last year one week prior to Q. Such a shame Anett didn't manage to get in.
But there was no chance she would have been given a QWC I guess.
Old Jan 9th, 2014, 09:25 PM   #2423
country flag muusa

muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold

How ironic that Ishizu lost in r1, but Rogers, Gibbs and Falconi all progressed to r2.
Old Jan 11th, 2014, 04:27 AM   #2424
country flag chingching

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballbasher View Post
Omae was not an alt last year, she got in like two days before the draw was released. There were loads of withdrawals last year one week prior to Q. Such a shame Anett didn't manage to get in.
But there was no chance she would have been given a QWC I guess.
Oh I knew she wasn't going to get a WC and if she did she wouldn't be the most deserving but it frustrates me how selfish TA is with their WCs... I mean Tomic got one

Out of curiosity, why was the cut-off so low last year and so high this year especially as points have been reduced? What were the cut-offs for other years?

BTW Anett has entered Burnie and hasn't withdrawn (she is almost in MD so much weaker than 25K Andrezieux-Boutheon). It would be the most stupid thing I have ever seen for her to play both but I think she willpull out of one of them in the coming days.

Quote:
How ironic that Ishizu lost in r1, but Rogers, Gibbs and Falconi all progressed to r2.
Yeah especially as Ishizu played Savchuk

Old Jan 11th, 2014, 12:03 PM   #2425
country flag chingching

I have just been looking through the ITF Calendar and as Anett doesn't have a tournament limit anymore it will be very easy for her to make the Top 200. As Estonians start school later it means that she still has her studies which she should definitely finish, but there is no reason why she can't just build up points from European 25Ks. Although the schedules far from finished, the month of February is. I don't think Anett should play too many WTA events in that area where she has nothing to defend between Burnie and Moscow because she can fit in quite a few European 25Ks and get hundreds of points However with the new WTA points system she will need to go farther in tournaments although the new system actually benefits her due to her bursts of excellence but inconsistency. This a good schedule I think for her for January/February

January 20-26: 25K Andrezieux-Boutheon.
January 27-February 2: WTA Paris (if she gets into Qualies)
February 5-8: Fed Cup Euro/Africa Zone III
February 10-16: 15K Tallinn
February 17-23: 25K Nottingham, 25K Moscow, 25K Kreuzlingen OR February 24-March 2: 25K Beinasco.

My reasons for this choice: The 25K in France is better than playing the 50K in Australia as not only is it better for her development but it is stupid to stay in Australia for so long. WTA Paris after that is more of just an experience to see how she can go at a Premier event where she will probably win very few matches but she has nothing really to lose and a lot to gain, that's presuming she actually gets in. She will then get quite a bit of time,at least a week off, and will not play much at Fed Cup. Maybe a match vs Barbat I then think that the 15K in Tallinn is a smart move. As 15Ks have been upgraded to 25 Points for the winner, it gives her a good opportunity to stay at home and play and hopefully win some easy matches and get some easy points (more than a 25K SF under the new conditions if she wins ). It is also good from a publicity and sponsors stand-point and it seems they may have made the tournament a 15K instead of a 10K hoping she would play I would normally suggest playing a 25K the next week as there are the most in Europe in one week in the Calendar so far but she will probably be tired so it may be better to train and relax for a bit as Anett never plays well when she is tired. I do think that the Italian 25K is an option because Indoor Clay is a surface that Anett would be good on IMO and it will be weaker because all the other 25Ks are on Indoor Hard. However she may not want to start her Clay season that early and it would be inconvenient to have to prepare for just 1 Clay tournament... I do not think she should leave Europe for a while (at least not majorly until after RG + Wimby) hence I did not include the Indian tournaments. We will have to see what will happen and I know that is quite packed for a busy young girl but that is what I thought of

Old Jan 13th, 2014, 06:54 AM   #2426
country flag muusa

She has withdrawn from Burnie by now. Yes, she should try and build up her ranking a bit more by playing the ITFs.

Also, Paris Q list is very strong, there's no way she can get in unless she is given a WC.

Last edited by muusa : Jan 13th, 2014 at 11:22 AM.
Old Jan 15th, 2014, 09:35 AM   #2427
country flag chingching

Quote:
She has withdrawn from Burnie by now. Yes, she should try and build up her ranking a bit more by playing the ITFs.

Also, Paris Q list is very strong, there's no way she can get in unless she is given a WC.
Yeah I saw it's ridic
I think she may have entered and may hang around if she has a decent run in Andrezieux-Boutheon but yeah I think it will be Fed Cup and then hopefully Tallinn 15K Entry List is out relatively soon (just over a week IIRC) so we will know if she intends to play

Old Jan 17th, 2014, 05:19 AM   #2428
country flag chingching

Quote:
BTW people, the audio on my computer is stuffed so can someone tell me what was said in the various interviews

Also, thanks to hellas179, if you go on the MVS Tennis Systems Facebook Page and go to the album 1st Marathon Futures - Week 2 there are some nice photos of Anett Back in 10K days

BTW, I really think she should play the 15K in Tallinn especially as it's been announced that from next year 15Ks will give 25 Points to the winner and with the new re-shuffling of points that is quite close to a 25K Final
ERR is crashing for me so what did Anett say in the audio with the weird interviewer?

Also, does anyone know where her Orange Bowl Interview with "the Koz" is as the Tennis Channel took it down

It also seems kinda weird to think that Anett is playing a tournament in a couple of days

Last edited by chingching : Jan 17th, 2014 at 05:37 AM.
Old Jan 17th, 2014, 08:22 AM   #2429
country flag muusa

It was indeed a bit bland interview, not much (if at all) new information there. She mentioned that it usually takes time for her to adapt on a new level, for example when starting to play junior ITF-s at 14 and now the same thing with senior ITF/WTA.
She said that she wouldn't like to meet Serena Williams on court as even the top players get beatdowns from her Also said she likes chemistry and other science subjects at school and baking at home.

Btw there is now a longer video of her QFR in Auckland: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gs9BcokEu6c
Old Jan 18th, 2014, 06:25 AM   #2430
country flag WhoAmI?

WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute

I was just looking at the AO juniors draw.. a bit sad comparsion to last year's.

Quote:
Should subscribe here

I think I have already said enough BlueTrees and Muusa or you may stalk me... It would be weird if you knew who I was

So you're in the draw. And I thought you were a guy
Do you have your own cheering thread in the Aussie section?
WhoAmI? is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote