Anett Kontaveit - Page 158 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Dec 30th, 2013, 12:52 AM   #2356
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Anett Kontaveit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meelis View Post
How would she play doubles with her ranking?
I thought she might get a WC... Also Vekic/Beck got DA in Shenzhen with rankings of 888 and unranked

Anyway, it's a shame I wasn't able to watch because I saw from 5-6* until 5-6* 40-15 but had to leave. Still, I am so happy she managed to save the SPs and Qualify for her 1st WTA MD How is she playing people as aside from Podgorica where she seemed a bit sluggish I haven't really seen her play... Anyway let's hope she gets a stream for her next match which she very well might if she plays Cirstea or Wickmayer due to their seeding and Wickmayer as a former champion or that she draws a Qualifier and then she has a great opportunity for Round 2 Either way, there is some sort of benefit I am so excited and so happy with how she has started the new year Falconi mustn't really like her by now In Margaret River she had 4-0 in the 2nd and here she had SPs I hope next time she doesn't actually win a set

Also, is Anett's game really that much like Sharapova's?

Kaia hit 24 Aces (the WTA record) vs Safarova Tokyo Round 1 2008

Last edited by chingching : Dec 30th, 2013 at 01:59 AM.
chingching is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Dec 30th, 2013, 03:02 AM   #2357
country flag Meelis
Team WTAworld

Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chingching View Post
I thought she might get a WC...
Over Ivanovic/locals?
Meelis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30th, 2013, 03:02 AM   #2358
country flag Meelis
Team WTAworld

Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute

She plays against Ishizu in R1
Meelis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30th, 2013, 03:04 AM   #2359
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Over Ivanovic/locals?
With a local
If she played last year when Fanning was here I am sure she could have gotten one if she tried

Quote:
She plays against Ishizu in R1
OMG this is great although Sachie has improved... Still, a massive opportunity for a R16 here And a ranking boost And also maybe a Knapp rematch

Old Dec 30th, 2013, 08:18 AM   #2360
country flag muusa

muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGLXhLgJbiY
Last 14 minutes of the match
muusa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30th, 2013, 08:24 AM   #2361
country flag chingching

Quote:
Originally Posted by muusa View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGLXhLgJbiY
Last 14 minutes of the match
Actually it's the 14 mins from 2-3* to 3-4* It's a shame there is no audio and the quality is so bad and that I MISSED IT but at the same time I'm really excited that we're now seeing her at WTA events I can't believe that she is the only Singles match not getting a stream tomorrow against Ishizu so let's hope she wins and then she'll get one vs Knapp

Old Dec 30th, 2013, 08:44 AM   #2362
country flag muusa

muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold

Oh, didn't check, too bad the dramatic ending isn't there then
Hope someone uploads at least the last minutes of that match as well.
Old Dec 30th, 2013, 11:40 AM   #2363
country flag chingching

6:55 is the reason I love this girl and have for almost 3 years now

Old Dec 30th, 2013, 12:36 PM   #2364
country flag Ballbasher

Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute

Great way to start the season.

How did you become such a big fan, if you haven't seen her play that much chingching? By your cheering I would have guessed you saw her a million times.
Old Dec 30th, 2013, 12:44 PM   #2365
country flag Ballbasher

Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute

It is such a shame the Aussie Open cut-off is gonna be so much higher than last year with players like Ferrer-Suarez & Omae in directly and the cut-off being at #277. Hopefully she can squeeze in, but it is looking pretty bad at the moment.
Old Dec 30th, 2013, 01:02 PM   #2366
country flag ianchohr

ianchohr is a name known to all ianchohr is a name known to all ianchohr is a name known to all ianchohr is a name known to all ianchohr is a name known to all ianchohr is a name known to all ianchohr is a name known to all ianchohr is a name known to all ianchohr is a name known to all ianchohr is a name known to all ianchohr is a name known to all

how many spots away from Q is Anett?
Old Dec 30th, 2013, 01:52 PM   #2367
country flag muusa

Currently it doesn't look like that many withdrawals (if at all) have been made in the last 2 weeks.

Makes no sense for the cut-off to be that much higher this year actually as less points are handed out in qualies now

She is 33rd out atm or sth like that.. But I suppose not all the alts will be staying and waiting until the last minute unlike Anett who will play Burnie anyway. So she basically has to hang around there in the morning of the first qualies day/the evening before and hope that someone withdraws?
Old Dec 30th, 2013, 02:59 PM   #2368
country flag Ballbasher

Quote:
Originally Posted by muusa View Post
Currently it doesn't look like that many withdrawals (if at all) have been made in the last 2 weeks.

Makes no sense for the cut-off to be that much higher this year actually as less points are handed out in qualies now

She is 33rd out atm or sth like that.. But I suppose not all the alts will be staying and waiting until the last minute unlike Anett who will play Burnie anyway. So she basically has to hang around there in the morning of the first qualies day/the evening before and hope that someone withdraws?
I don't really get why the cut-off is so much higher this year as well. Probably because of the money.
Yup. Pretty much. Last year none withdrew and no alternates got in, but it has happened in the past and with some luck she may sneak in somehow, seems rather unlikely at the moment though.
Old Dec 30th, 2013, 06:11 PM   #2369
country flag Hele.

Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chingching View Post
6:55 is the reason I love this girl and have for almost 3 years now

She plays lovely tennis. I think I'm becoming a fan.
Old Dec 30th, 2013, 11:31 PM   #2370
country flag chingching

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballbasher View Post
Great way to start the season.

How did you become such a big fan, if you haven't seen her play that much chingching? By your cheering I would have guessed you saw her a million times.
I have seen her but she has only been on streams a few times in her career I have met her which helped