Anett Kontaveit - Page 155 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Dec 28th, 2013, 12:58 AM   #2311
country flag Trey

Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future
Re: Anett Kontaveit

Anett Kontaveit def Nicole Gibbs 2-6 6-3 6-2
Trey is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Dec 28th, 2013, 01:05 AM   #2312
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute

Yes Anett
I was worried that with the rain delay it would stuff her up but she rebounded very well and finished her off
Great way to start the season and probably her best win since Knapp in Helsinki 2012
I am optimistic now for her next matches and for the season, it seems she has improved especially on the mental side
Time to inform GM

Out of curiosity what happened in the 1st Set because I saw some Stats and they have improved so much from last year in terms of win percentages on 1st and 2nd Serves along with a higher percentage in and less Double Faults and I thought she was more mentally strong and was good on BPs but I only saw from 2-6 2-1* so what happened in the 1st

BTW, her match vs Rogers will start at 10:00 AM Auckland Time, 8:00 AM Australian Eastern Time and 11:00 PM Estonian Time on the Centre Court I hope people will be there to report I am actively looking for photos from the 1st Day of Qualies but have been unsuccessful so far Hopefully as she moves further into the draw some will arise Good Luck Anett and beat some more Americans

Kaia hit 24 Aces (the WTA record) vs Safarova Tokyo Round 1 2008

Last edited by chingching : Dec 28th, 2013 at 06:32 AM.
chingching is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28th, 2013, 08:09 AM   #2313
country flag Tennisfan06

Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute

Good win
In the first set she was down 0-3*, then she broke and won her first game. At 2-5* it was a long game where Anett wasted couple of bps and saved many sps but eventually lost the game.
I was worried she may have some trouble after the rain delay but fortunately she continued strong.

Rogers will be tougher but hopefully Anett can beat her
Tennisfan06 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28th, 2013, 08:34 AM   #2314
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennisfan06 View Post
Good win
In the first set she was down 0-3*, then she broke and won her first game. At 2-5* it was a long game where Anett wasted couple of bps and saved many sps but eventually lost the game.
I was worried she may have some trouble after the rain delay but fortunately she continued strong.

Rogers will be tougher but hopefully Anett can beat her
Rogers may be tougher but even though she is quite highly ranked she doesn't really have any exceptional wins IMO... I think that a win is very much on the cards. And although I doubt Gibbs played at Stanford level, if she did then Rogers will be much much easier for Anett...

Anyway, whether she wins or not, she has at least gotten some matches under her belt in case she doesn't make AOQ Also 10 Points and some prize money is nice + only her 2nd Tournament where she has won a round in Qualies

Old Dec 28th, 2013, 10:02 AM   #2315
country flag muusa

muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold

Well done, Anett! Hope she can play some more matches.
muusa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28th, 2013, 10:27 AM   #2316
country flag chingching

BTW people, the audio on my computer is stuffed so can someone tell me what was said in the various interviews

Also, thanks to hellas179, if you go on the MVS Tennis Systems Facebook Page and go to the album 1st Marathon Futures - Week 2 there are some nice photos of Anett Back in 10K days

BTW, I really think she should play the 15K in Tallinn especially as it's been announced that from next year 15Ks will give 25 Points to the winner and with the new re-shuffling of points that is quite close to a 25K Final

Last edited by chingching : Jan 17th, 2014 at 05:18 AM.
Old Dec 28th, 2013, 12:56 PM   #2317
country flag Ballbasher

Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute

Good job in Q1.
After Maret retired ( ) I need a new successful Estonian along with Kaia.
Been quite impressed with Anett on the few ocassions I have watched her on a stream. Hopefully she will play Stuttgart or Nürnberg this year.
Baltacha,Dominguez Lino,Fedossova,King,Lapushchenkova,Pironkova,Pivov arova,Srebotnik,Stevenson
|Ain't no party like a...COCKTAIL PARTY!|
0002... Eternal follower of the Golden Girl
Official Security Guard and Bouncer of Don't knock the Dok
My Queens of Stuttgart: Venus Williams & Victoria Azarenka!
Ballbasher is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28th, 2013, 04:47 PM   #2318
country flag jimmy55313

jimmy55313 is a name known to all jimmy55313 is a name known to all jimmy55313 is a name known to all jimmy55313 is a name known to all jimmy55313 is a name known to all jimmy55313 is a name known to all jimmy55313 is a name known to all jimmy55313 is a name known to all jimmy55313 is a name known to all jimmy55313 is a name known to all jimmy55313 is a name known to all

Anett beats Gibbs in 3 sets.
Really lookin forward to seeing how far Anett gets
the value of things, not the price.
jimmy55313 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28th, 2013, 05:12 PM   #2319
country flag jimmy55313

jimmy55313 is a name known to all jimmy55313 is a name known to all jimmy55313 is a name known to all jimmy55313 is a name known to all jimmy55313 is a name known to all jimmy55313 is a name known to all jimmy55313 is a name known to all jimmy55313 is a name known to all jimmy55313 is a name known to all jimmy55313 is a name known to all jimmy55313 is a name known to all

Shelby Rogers USA [3] lost to Anett Kontaveit EST | 0-6 1-6

Nice job Shelby was no slouch either.
the value of things, not the price.
jimmy55313 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28th, 2013, 08:29 PM   #2320
country flag chingching

Anett didn't beat Shelby 0 and 1 they are playing now...
Anett is winning 2-0 though after taking her BP at 30-40 after having 0-40

And in literally 2 seconds Anett leads 3-0, maybe the scoreboard is stuffed up and Jimmy is actually right... Anett's match was only supposed to start 30 mins ago though

Old Dec 28th, 2013, 08:30 PM   #2321
country flag muusa

muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold

They have only just started, Anett is up to a good start 3-0*

The match seems to be going really fast, they have played 5 games in 14 minutes or so.

Last edited by muusa : Dec 28th, 2013 at 08:35 PM.
Old Dec 28th, 2013, 08:34 PM   #2322
country flag chingching

Anett I think is having problems with Rogers 1st Serve but is destroying her 2nd: Rogers is 0/4 on 2nd but 6/7 on 1st... Let's hope her percentage lowers from 63%

Now, hold Anett as you have done so well so far this tournament

Old Dec 28th, 2013, 08:36 PM   #2323
country flag chingching

Anett got to 40-0 in about 10 Seconds again with 2 Aces in a row and then closed it out 10/10 on 1st Serves, 2/4 on 2nd and what's even better is her 71% 1st Serve Percentage which is very high for her Break again and take out the set

EDIT 1: Anett does break on her 3 BP Finally starting to win more points on Roger's 1st Serve All the Stats are looking good aside from 2/6 BP conversion but hopefully that will improve as she gets further into the match

EDIT 2: And once again about a minute later Anett has a love Service Game for the Set. Are these her best Serving Stats ever? 72% in, 13/13 won on 1st Serve, 3/5 on 2nd and no BPs faced

EDIT 3: With the help of 2 DFs Anett breaks and leads 1-0 Although Jimmy's post seems wrong the score doesn't

EDIT 4: And again this time in about 20 Seconds Anett went up 40-0 only to lose her 1st point on her 1st Serve but won the next one Now she has 6-1 2-0* 0-15 in about 30 mins

EDIT 5: And Anett has 3-0 Something weird is happening If she doesn't make AOQ playing like this Whitt must get her a WC

Last edited by chingching : Dec 28th, 2013 at 08:56 PM.
Old Dec 28th, 2013, 08:38 PM   #2324
country flag Tennisfan06

Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute

Good start, keep going

The result Jimmy posted was from TF game called Pick Your Winner (PYW).
Tennisfan06 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28th, 2013, 08:44 PM   #2325
country flag muusa

Her first serve stats