Anett Kontaveit - Page 15 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Dec 10th, 2011, 09:47 PM   #211
country flag WhoAmI?

WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Anett Kontaveit

They had a 3 setter last week, Anett definitely has chances. Hopefully she won't be too nervous.
WhoAmI? is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Dec 10th, 2011, 11:52 PM   #212
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute

I don't see why she can't win. She definately has the game to do so and clay is her favoured surface. It would be a great confidence boost before the Australian Open as it is the best Grade A event in terms of talent that is not a Grand Slam

Last edited by chingching : Jun 16th, 2012 at 03:54 PM.
chingching is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11th, 2011, 08:41 PM   #213
country flag Meelis
Team WTAworld

Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute

(5)Anett Kontaveit (EST) d. (2)Yulia Putintseva (RUS) 62 62

Winning OB is huge
Meelis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11th, 2011, 08:47 PM   #214
country flag WhoAmI?

WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute

What a sweet-sweet revenge!
Anett beat seeds 1 (through ret., but still), 2 and 3. Such a great way to finish the year

About Bouchard's match:
Quote:
After a very topsy-turvy match, Kontaveit advanced on Saturday when top seed Eugenie Bouchard of Canada retired due to a stomach injury in the third set with Kontaveit leading 0-6, 6-4, 4-2. Bouchard tried valiantly to end the match in the second set, despite losing the first five games. She won four straight to work her way back into the set, but Kontaveit was able to convert on her first set point and force a third.

"I couldn’t find my game at all in the first set, but really started playing better in the second set," Kontaveit said. "I couldn’t tell she was hurt and was really shocked when she retired at the end there."

Asked about her ensuing rematch with Putintseva, Kontaveit replied, "I lost a tough match to her last week, so I’m really excited about getting the chance for revenge."
Old Dec 11th, 2011, 09:12 PM   #215
country flag WhoAmI?

Winner takes all the oranges:
Old Dec 11th, 2011, 09:14 PM   #216
country flag Tennisfan06

Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute

Cant wait for the next season
Tennisfan06 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11th, 2011, 09:43 PM   #217
country flag muusa

muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold

Wow Anett, that is amazing! Nice revenge indeed. And the scoreline I was expecting a long 3 set match.
Shoots into top10 now in the ranking.
muusa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12th, 2011, 12:24 AM   #218
country flag Meelis
Team WTAworld

Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute

After reaching the final on Saturday, the fifth-seeded Kontaveit spoke openly about wanting to garner some revenge on No. 2 seed Yulia Putintseva, to whom Kontaveit lost 6-2, 1-6, 6-4, in the quarterfinals of last week’s Eddie Herr, a tournament which Putintseva ultimately won. She did exactly that on Sunday, coming out firing on all cylinders and banging out numerous winners from her forehand side, which clearly frustrated the fiery and vocal Putintseva.

But the rains came at 1-all in the second set, leading to a 90-minute delay, which gave Putintseva time for rest and rejuvenation while stunting Kontaveit’s momentum. Upon returning to the court, Kontaveit double faulted twice and got broken to go down 1-2. From there, however, Kontaveit regained her form, immediately broke back, and then ripped off four straight games to take the match and the title 6-2, 6-2. With the win, Kontaveit becomes the first Estonian to win an Orange Bowl title.

"I was much more aggressive and played really well today," she said. "I really did attack every ball, and I think that’s what brought me success today. It’s so exciting to win this title, both for myself and for Estonia!"
Old Dec 12th, 2011, 12:29 AM   #219
country flag Meelis
Team WTAworld

Kontaveit, seeded fifth, had lost to No. 2 seed Putintseva 6-2, 1-6, 6-4 just ten days ago, but her big hitting was too much for the feisty Russian on Sunday.

"I was more aggressive, playing really well also, and I really did attack every ball," said Kontaveit, who turns 16 on Christmas Eve.

Putintseva got off a to a very slow start, trailing 5-1 in the first set, but often the 16-year-old Russian is more comfortable playing from behind, and can raise her game when she needs to.

Kontaveit was hitting with more power however, and Putintseva, unusually subdued throughout the first set, couldn't find a pattern to disrupt Kontaveit's rhythm. Kontaveit was closing the net when she sensed Putintseva was in a defensive position, and her volleys were confident and effective, although Putintseva did earn one opening early in the second set.

After a long bathroom break, Putintseva broke Kontaveit in the first game, but after a long game was broken back, just as the skies opened again, this time with little warning and drenching rain. It was two hours and 15 minutes before play could resume, and it looked as if that delay was going to be the momentum change Putintseva needed when Kontaveit hit two double faults and played lethargically to fall behind 2-1. Putintseva had two game points to take a 3-1 lead, but Kontaveit's two winners and a costly double fault marked the beginning of the end for the Russian.

Kontaveit held at love to take a 3-2 lead and then began hitting winner after winner, breaking Putintseva and holding for a 5-2 lead. With Putintseva serving to stay in the match, Kontaveit refused to ease up, and with a punishing forehand winner on her first match point, Kontaveit had her first Grade A title.

Putintseva beat her racquet on the Har-Tru several times, crumbling the frame with the violent impact. She shook hands with Kontaveit, then went to her bag, where she continued to bludgeon the smashed racquet.

Kontaveit was well aware of Putintseva's inclination to dramatize every point, but she was not about to get involved in a battle of wills and words.

"I just try to think about my own game and not focus too much on what she is doing," said Kontaveit, who still attends a regular school in Estonia, and takes her books with her when she is on the road.

Kontaveit could also look to several Estonian supporters in the crowd during her rare lapses, as a tennis coach she knows from Estonia brought along several friends with big neon pink poster-sized signs, each containing a letter of her first name.

"They are some Estonian coaches who came here to vacation," Kontaveit explained. "And of course, support helps."

Putintseva didn't think the advice she received from her coach worked for her in the rematch.

"My coach said I have to play more aggressive, but this way doesn't work with her," said Putintseva, whose ITF junior winning streak was snapped at 11. "Last time I was trying to move her more, but this time I was doing what my coach said, playing more aggressive, and that's why I lost today. And she was playing good today."

Kontaveit returns to Estonia on Monday, but unlike Thiem, she will not be leaving junior competition behind after capturing the Orange Bowl title.

"I will play both juniors and Futures," said Kontaveit, who has already won three events on the ITF women's circuit this year.

But for now, she will savor this unexpected victory.

"I didn't see that win coming," she said in her excellent English. "I was hoping to get some good matches, I really did not have big expectations. I'm just really happy."

Thanks to Colette Lewis of zootennis

http://tenniskalamazoo.blogspot.com/...28ZooTennis%29
Old Dec 12th, 2011, 01:21 AM   #220
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute

Amazing win for Anett
So great
Winning the Orange Bowl at 15 is such an amazing achievement
hope this sets the tone for 2012

Putintseva is just an immature b****. She smashes her racquet on the ground every point she loses and screams every point she wins. She also blamed her coach for losing.

She C'mons after every point here and she is losing 5-1 )
Blaming her coach=Loser=Can't take blame=Immature

Last edited by chingching : Jun 16th, 2012 at 04:03 PM.
Old Dec 12th, 2011, 05:23 AM   #221
BlueTrees

BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute

What a great win for Anett! I never expected it to be so comfortable. To win the Orange Bowl as a 15 year old is a great result. I'm definitely excited for Anett in 2012.

Putintseva really needs to grow up. She's almost 17.
BlueTrees is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12th, 2011, 11:59 AM   #222
country flag penkku

penkku has a brilliant future penkku has a brilliant future penkku has a brilliant future penkku has a brilliant future penkku has a brilliant future penkku has a brilliant future penkku has a brilliant future penkku has a brilliant future penkku has a brilliant future penkku has a brilliant future penkku has a brilliant future

Anett Great win, been expecting something like that
penkku is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12th, 2011, 03:12 PM   #223
country flag Meelis
Team WTAworld

Up to 9th in the ITF rankings.

This means, she can play three 25k tournaments next year as part of the junior exempt program.
Old Dec 13th, 2011, 11:27 AM   #224
country flag chingching

If she wins the Australian open and gets up to No. 2, then she will be able to play 1 100,000 and 2 75000. 2012 could potentially send her to no. 1 in juniors and top 200 in singles. She's following in the footsteps of one other northern european player (although Anett doesn't puddle )

By the way, according to postimes.com, Anett is playing the Australian Open and Loy Yang Traralgon

Last edited by chingching : Jun 16th, 2012 at 04:04 PM.
Old Dec 13th, 2011, 02:29 PM   #225
country flag WhoAmI?

What does it mean she can play 3 25k tournaments? If she didn't finish the year as top 10 junior, she couldn't play even if her WTA ranking was good enough?