Anett Kontaveit - Page 133 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 24th, 2013, 10:30 PM   #1981
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Anett Kontaveit

IMO Anett can win this match but it will be a tough ask. Jaksic has bought nearly all her points and there have been many times when we have doubted Anett's form and then suddenly she wins a big match easily (Kulichkova in Moscow )
She needs to get her revenge against the parrot from Malaysia(I think ) G1 in 2011
She is first up tomorrow though so hopefully the Livescore will work
Does anyone know her stats from the match vs Tanaka?
chingching is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 25th, 2013, 06:00 AM   #1982
country flag muusa

muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by chingching View Post
She needs to get her revenge against the parrot from Malaysia(I think ) G1 in 2011
Looked it up, it was in Philippines actually, then she lost 46 67(3) in the final.
I remember those G1s in Asia were the first tournaments where I started following her results closely match by match.
muusa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25th, 2013, 08:46 AM   #1983
country flag hardball

hardball is a splendid one to behold hardball is a splendid one to behold hardball is a splendid one to behold hardball is a splendid one to behold hardball is a splendid one to behold hardball is a splendid one to behold hardball is a splendid one to behold hardball is a splendid one to behold hardball is a splendid one to behold hardball is a splendid one to behold hardball is a splendid one to behold
fingers Xed 4 2day! go anett!

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
hardball is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25th, 2013, 09:06 AM   #1984
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by muusa View Post
Looked it up, it was in Philippines actually, then she lost 46 67(3) in the final.
I remember those G1s in Asia were the first tournaments where I started following her results closely match by match.
I remember following Dana Ihsanova really intensely and the saw Anett beat her easily in Tallinn She then won the title and I started to follow her vaguely I didn't follow any of her Juniors until GA Italy but have always followed her pros

I really do think she can win but whether she will is another question 14 Points is still great for her ranking And if she does win, well Sirotkina is out and Ozgen is beatable IMO As for the final, well she really doesn't face much in terms of opposition If she makes the final I really hope she pulls out of Izmir 10K

As for Izmir 25K, there are quite a few tough top players but everyone around her and in qualifying is very average

I am glad she is not playing US Open Juniors but I am sad that she never got that Grand Slam she deserved (mainly due to her headcase strength ) I really hope it's not like this in her Pro Career
Old Jul 25th, 2013, 11:29 AM   #1985
country flag muusa

muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold

Rain delay now? Anett is missing so many break-points that it will probably cost her the first set.
Old Jul 25th, 2013, 11:33 AM   #1986
country flag chingching

Quote:
Rain delay now? Anett is missing so many break-points that it will probably cost her the first set.
I Know
It says it's not raining there though
Anyway, if she can get the break she has a shot and I think the break came at a good time but this is looking difficult
Still, Eva may win
Old Jul 25th, 2013, 01:37 PM   #1987
country flag muusa

So now the next two matches are already being played, but no information about the previous two that were stopped because of the rain delay? I just can't
Old Jul 25th, 2013, 01:47 PM   #1988
country flag chingching

Anett lost 7-5 6-3
Obviously all the missed opportunities came back to haunt her
She really could/should have won this match because she is a better player than Jaksic and it seems that maybe even in the first she was the one looking the better
Anyway, shame she couldn't take advantage of the delay (if there really was one ) and turn it around but it is all a learning curve
She could have won this tournament given the field and the girls who annoyed her to lose probably will
Old Jul 25th, 2013, 02:00 PM   #1989
country flag muusa

Disappointing. She should stick to clay maybe? There are clay 25s in Europe until the end of September at least..
And Eva lost and Jürgen lost the first set and Kaia is pulling out of tournaments. Just great.
Old Jul 25th, 2013, 02:10 PM   #1990
country flag chingching

Quote:
Disappointing. She should stick to clay maybe? There are clay 25s in Europe until the end of September at least..
And Eva lost and Jürgen lost the first set and Kaia is pulling out of tournaments. Just great.
Eva so should have won. 6 Points would have been wonderful for her ranking
Maybe if she didn't serve 15 Double Faults
Old Jul 25th, 2013, 05:44 PM   #1991
country flag Tennisfan06

Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute

I was sooo hoping to see good news Looks like she didn't use her chances...again.

So, I guess she is going to play that 10K now. Maybe she is going to play doubles with Annely Pokras
Tennisfan06 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25th, 2013, 06:25 PM   #1992
country flag WhoAmI?

WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute

0-3 against Jaksic now. Well, she can lose these matches today if she'll win the more important ones tomorrow against this kind of players.

Is her rank too low to try 50k qualies?
Hurts my eyes to see her playing those 10k tournaments.
WhoAmI? is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25th, 2013, 06:41 PM   #1993
country flag Meelis
Team WTAworld

Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoAmI? View Post
There was 35 50k tournaments last year. With her current rank, she would have made the MD cut in 20 of them and qualifying everywhere else.
Meelis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25th, 2013, 06:47 PM   #1994
country flag muusa

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoAmI? View Post
Hurts my eyes to see her playing those 10k tournaments.
Ikr, 10k is a total waste of tournament imo
She could enter Craiova 50k + H and Kazan 50k qualies comfortably.

She isn't playing anything after Izmirs (as expected), but then on the week of 19th there is this 25k in St. Petersburg, which she could play. It is the only one in Europe, but all the top 250-ish players are playing USO qualies that week, right? So this might be a suitable tournament for her, it is on clay btw
Old Jul 25th, 2013, 06:50 PM   #1995
country flag Meelis
Team WTAworld

Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute

Not every top 250 player will travel to USA just for the US Open

But then not everyone will travel to Russia either.
Meelis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote