Anett Kontaveit - Page 124 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 2nd, 2013, 08:54 PM   #1846
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Anett Kontaveit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennisfan06 View Post
Starts tomorrow, 1st match on court 5.
Anett plays doubles with Uberalova, they are the 6th seeds. They play tomorrow against Gonzalez/Haddad Maia, it is last match on court 8.

GL
GL
Very excited for her Singles and her Doubles is winnable
Difficult first round but they are one of the favourites for the tournament IMO

Kaia hit 24 Aces (the WTA record) vs Safarova Tokyo Round 1 2008
chingching is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 3rd, 2013, 09:17 AM   #1847
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute

Anett's match has started but sh got broken in the 1st Game due to 3 Doubles

Old Jun 3rd, 2013, 10:12 AM   #1848
country flag muusa

muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold

Anett is in trouble with Ilka
How she can be so up and down?
muusa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 3rd, 2013, 10:16 AM   #1849
country flag chingching

And she loses 1st 6-4
She normally struggles in Round 1 Matches and at previous Grand Slams she often loses a Set so hopefully she can bounce back
I still think she is alive
Still, too many missed opportunities
2/8 on BPs

Old Jun 3rd, 2013, 11:19 AM   #1850
country flag chingching

Loses 6-4 7-6(3)
Didn't see if she had SPs in the second but should have won when she came back from 2-4
All confidence gained is probably now gone
Still, her and Petra have a good chance so hopefully she gets a good result in Doubles

Old Jun 3rd, 2013, 12:01 PM   #1851
country flag hardball

hardball is a splendid one to behold hardball is a splendid one to behold hardball is a splendid one to behold hardball is a splendid one to behold hardball is a splendid one to behold hardball is a splendid one to behold hardball is a splendid one to behold hardball is a splendid one to behold hardball is a splendid one to behold hardball is a splendid one to behold hardball is a splendid one to behold

judging by the stats it seemed anett was struggling on her serve. she presented a bunch of BPs to the opponent.

guess she was emotionally worn out by the recent win in moscow. similarly to kaia, seemingly she paid the price for the victory last week.
hardball is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 3rd, 2013, 12:01 PM   #1852
country flag Dan_Doe

Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future

So...Anett lost to a Romanian girl who would beat her 1 time out of 100 matches. I must be a really bad omen
Dan_Doe is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 3rd, 2013, 12:53 PM   #1853
country flag chingching

Serena wins Madrid: Anett wins Moscow
Serena is favourite and loses R1: Anett is favourite and loses R1
Serena wins Wimbledon:...

I really think her and Petra can go far here but it doesn't seem that they are particularly close friends or at least haven't played together either ever or in a long time

Old Jun 3rd, 2013, 02:18 PM   #1854
country flag WhoAmI?

WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, Anett can really surprise What good did it do her to play this event? If she wants to play events she can gain nothing from, there are Estonian Championships coming
WhoAmI? is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 3rd, 2013, 02:37 PM   #1855
country flag Tennisfan06

Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute

Oh dear

But this is juniors and anything can happen. Even Nick Kyrgios, the best young guy atm, lost today and he made it to the 2nd round of men's tournament, beating Stepanek.
Tennisfan06 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 3rd, 2013, 03:04 PM   #1856
country flag chingching

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoAmI? View Post
Wow, Anett can really surprise What good did it do her to play this event? If she wants to play events she can gain nothing from, there are Estonian Championships coming
I would literally ROFL if she didn't win them
Journeywoman Pokras for the win

Anett was obviously too nervous about the idea of having my everlasting support

Anyway, I was kinda happy she played here after her form in Moscow as she really deserves a Junior Grand Slam but its best she makes her way up the ladder on the WTA ranks

Old Jun 3rd, 2013, 05:44 PM   #1857
country flag Meelis
Team WTAworld

Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute

Lost in doubles too.

Quote:
If she wants to play events she can gain nothing from, there are Estonian Championships coming
There actually was a plan to convince both her and Kaia to play there this year to celebrate Estonian tennis 100...

But I still think she prefers Wimbledon
Meelis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 3rd, 2013, 09:05 PM   #1858
country flag chingching

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meelis View Post
Lost in doubles too.

There actually was a plan to convince both her and Kaia to play there this year to celebrate Estonian tennis 100...

But I still think she prefers Wimbledon

Well if Kaia was playing...

That's not necessasrily a bad loss for Doubles as Haddad Maia is good and made the Final here last year but I still thought they'd win as they are both better players

Old Jun 4th, 2013, 09:46 PM   #1859
country flag WhoAmI?

WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute

Peeter Lamp (Anett's coach) said that Ilka Csoregi played really very very very well, and deserved the victory (yes they used that many verys!), showed unbelievable tennis at times, especially on serve and maybe had a bit of luck too. It wasn't Anett's best day, but she was fighting hard.

http://ohtuleht.ee/528026
WhoAmI? is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5th, 2013, 07:10 AM   #1860
country flag chingching

Quote:
Peeter Lamp (Anett's coach) said that Ilka Csoregi played really very very very well, and deserved the victory (yes they used that many verys!), showed unbelievable tennis at times, especially on serve and maybe had a bit of luck too. It wasn't Anett's best day, but she was fighting hard.

http://ohtuleht.ee/528026
That's good to hear but I am still disappointed, especially with Doubles
I think that Grass is actually a good surface for her, definitely more suitable than for players like Csoregi
Hopefully some good results at Wimbledon