Anett Kontaveit - Page 11 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 16th, 2011, 08:45 PM   #151
country flag Tennisfan06

Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Anett Kontaveit

$25.000 Glasgow (GBR)
(1)Isabella Shinikova (BUL) v (wc)Alice Keddie (GBR)
(13)Anett Kontaveit (EST) v Francesca Lewis (GBR)

1st seed in her section But hopefully she still qualifies
Tennisfan06 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 17th, 2011, 08:34 AM   #152
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute

Why isn't she playing Stockholm 2?
I know she can only play 10 tournaments but even if she played she would still have room for helsinki.
Either she wants to play a different tournament in the states with her junior tournaments or she weirdly only wants to play 9 tournaments.

Last edited by chingching : Jun 16th, 2012 at 02:33 PM.
chingching is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17th, 2011, 08:43 PM   #153
country flag Tennisfan06

Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute

Anett won 6-2 6-0
Next up (1)Isabella Shinikova (BUL)
Old Oct 17th, 2011, 08:50 PM   #154
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute

That's a very good convincing win. One more win, and she'll be in her second challenger
I think she can make quarterfinals with a good draw

Last edited by chingching : Jun 16th, 2012 at 02:33 PM.
Old Oct 18th, 2011, 02:56 PM   #155
country flag Tennisfan06

(13)Anett Kontaveit (EST) d. (1)Isabella Shinikova (BUL) 6-3 6-4
Hopefully she gets a good draw and some wins in MD
Old Oct 18th, 2011, 04:35 PM   #156
country flag WhoAmI?

WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris 84 View Post
(13)Anett Kontaveit (EST) d. (1)Isabella Shinikova (BUL) 6-3 6-4 (kontaveit was the better player throughout. prone to some stupid errors which cost her a few games, but for someone so young, she looked quite good. her return of serve was a big weapon and shinikova was 2nd best throughout)

Quote:
Singles Main Draw

(8)Stephanie Vogt (LIE) v (Q)Anett Kontaveit (EST)
Justyna Jegiolka (POL) v (wc)Emma Devine (GBR)
Tetyana Arefyeva (UKR) v Julie Coin (FRA)
(4)Claire Feuerstein (FRA) v Johanna Konta (AUS)
Tough draw, against a seed. Vogt is ranked 211. But everything can happen
WhoAmI? is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18th, 2011, 08:43 PM   #157
country flag Tennisfan06

Tough draw, Vogt has been in good form lately
But I believe that Anett might win this if she plays well
Old Oct 19th, 2011, 01:13 AM   #158
country flag chingching

Shinikova is biggest win of career in seniors. With the report that WhoAmI? quoted, it proves that Anett is playing much higher than her ranking on a consistent basis. I think if she cuts out the errors she can beat Vogt. Vogt is in the best form of her life but Anett has the advantage of already playing 2 matches and having some recent indoor experience. Vogt has lost her last two tournaments either first round or in qualifying. I watched a video of her playing at the Makarska Ladies Open (50K) in 2008 against Anastasia Pivovarova and she seems to be quite an agressive player. She likes clay, runs around her forehand a lot but doesn't have a great backhand (just slices it a lot). Her movements is worse than anett's from what i saw in Fed Cup against Spain and in Fed Cup against Belarus. If she wins, she will be full of confidence going into Stockholm.

She should win her second round because the stats say that Anett has never lost to a player ranked lower than her in pro tennis and Jegiolka is just higher than her and in Anett's recent GOAT range

Last edited by chingching : Jun 16th, 2012 at 02:37 PM.
Old Oct 19th, 2011, 01:47 PM   #159
country flag Tennisfan06

R1: (8)Stephanie Vogt (LIE) def (Q)Anett Kontaveit (EST) 64 75
But a good fight
Old Oct 19th, 2011, 07:27 PM   #160
country flag WhoAmI?

WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute

Comments on the match:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris 84 View Post
(8)Stephanie Vogt (LIE) v (Q)Anett Kontaveit (EST)

imo kontaveit is going to be a player. she has all the tools and is only 15. her return of serve was a real weapon again, firing several winners off it, and she produced great comebacks in each set when down 1-5 and then 1-4. she actually served for the 2nd set but then went to pieces. vogt played a good game overall and did well not to crumble following the comebacks. she was especially impressive at the start of the match.
But she'll be in MD of 10k Stockholm next week.
WhoAmI? is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19th, 2011, 08:04 PM   #161
country flag Tennisfan06

I think she has a very good chance to win her 3rd title there
Old Oct 19th, 2011, 08:51 PM   #162
country flag chingching

Hopefully this has been a good learning experience for her. She has improved so quickly. Just over a year ago she was nowhere to be seen in juniors and she had just qualified for her first 10k event in Savitaipale where she lost 6-2 7-5 to Syna Kayser.
Now she is nearly ranked higher than Kayser and is beating top 400 players on quite a consistent basis.
Watch out for her.
I think if she keeps on improving she will be a top 10 star by the time she's 19

Last edited by chingching : Jun 16th, 2012 at 02:38 PM.
Old Oct 21st, 2011, 11:17 AM   #163
country flag chingching

Vogt has comfortably made quarters, which a statement as to how good kontaveit is
Old Oct 26th, 2011, 09:54 AM   #164
country flag chingching

Won doubles 6-2 6-2 with Butkovska
5-4 Anett on serve against Peterson

Last edited by chingching : Jun 16th, 2012 at 02:39 PM.
Old Oct 26th, 2011, 09:58 AM   #165
country flag chingching

First set 6-4 Anett

Last edited by chingching : Jun 16th, 2012 at 02:39 PM.