Tennis Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Anett Kontaveit

431K views 5K replies 74 participants last post by  chingching 
#1 ·
Anett Kontaveit is 14 years old tennis player. She won Estonian national championships in 2009. Could she be new star for Estonia in future? Atleast there is hope for that. This thread is for her. So let`s share Anett`s tennis results and talk about her tennis.

#3,740 ·
She should win the whole thing there. She's better than everyone else on the list. I can only see two players who could be tricky: Jana Fett, yes she still has to qualify but I'm sure she will, she's playing some good tennis at the moment and could be dangerous in the main draw. And Golubic, even though she's not playing great this year, she still is a good clay-court player and she could put up a good fight against Anett. Anyway, I still think Anett is going to win this handily and this is gonna be another 50 points in the bag for her :) :bounce:

#3,738 ·
Yes, she basically cannot meet a top 300 player before QF. But who knows how being the first seed affects her mentally and how fluently she can adapt to clay game.. Anyway, I hope she is already there practicing and does not have to play until Wednesday.

#3,746 ·
Since there are three Q spots in Anett's quarter, the chance that she is drawn there is 37.5% and into her half of the draw it is 62.5%
But she still has to get through qualies. Yes, she won a weak 25k in India on hard, but we don't know much about her clay form..

#3,750 ·
Yes, I remembered she once lost to her :)
Since that their career paths have been a bit different though. Here is Anett without having produced any results for 8 months from August to March, but still in top 200.

Hope she can win this match. Cannot be overconfident though, she has only had a couple of days practice on clay of which one day of rain :eek:

#3,757 ·
Lost 26 16. So where did that Istanbul form go? Is it really that difficult to switch from hard to clay? I'm not being sarcastic, but would really like to know :) I guess the 2-days prep wasn't enough as I was afraid, but this kind of score is a bit ridiculous.

She now falls out of top 200 in two weeks after last year's 50k points drop off.

#3,758 ·
It had nothing to do with the surface, she was just embarrassing. If she pretended it was a hard court she still would have won. Lekaj literally didn't do anything. Anett just hit everything out. I can't believe she actually managed to keep the same ball bashing game plan for so long when she was so obviously off. Literally bashed her way to lose 10 of the last 11 games. Simply disgraceful, no game plan, no change ups, no playing percentages. Just was completely off and seemed totally content to get smashed by Adrijana.

Anyway, Anett seems to like to throw in terrible performances against Afrijana, because she's 0-2 now. What a waste of a trip. Why even turn up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.