Mel's Videos - Page 4 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 19th, 2012, 04:34 AM   #46
country flag tenisamulo

tenisamulo has a brilliant future tenisamulo has a brilliant future tenisamulo has a brilliant future tenisamulo has a brilliant future tenisamulo has a brilliant future tenisamulo has a brilliant future tenisamulo has a brilliant future tenisamulo has a brilliant future tenisamulo has a brilliant future tenisamulo has a brilliant future tenisamulo has a brilliant future
Re: Mel's Videos

Very cute video. Mel even gets up for the quizzes, very competitive, she's so funny.
Varvara would let x-tina be her neighbor, but not her roommate.

Last edited by tenisamulo : Jul 19th, 2012 at 04:40 AM.
tenisamulo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Nov 21st, 2012, 05:25 AM   #47
country flag HSTENNISGUY

HSTENNISGUY is just really nice HSTENNISGUY is just really nice HSTENNISGUY is just really nice HSTENNISGUY is just really nice HSTENNISGUY is just really nice HSTENNISGUY is just really nice HSTENNISGUY is just really nice HSTENNISGUY is just really nice HSTENNISGUY is just really nice HSTENNISGUY is just really nice HSTENNISGUY is just really nice

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yggTX...feature=relmfu
Hopefully Mel can get back to the level she was at here

Last edited by HSTENNISGUY : Nov 21st, 2012 at 05:46 PM.
HSTENNISGUY is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21st, 2012, 01:50 PM   #48
country flag tenisamulo

tenisamulo has a brilliant future tenisamulo has a brilliant future tenisamulo has a brilliant future tenisamulo has a brilliant future tenisamulo has a brilliant future tenisamulo has a brilliant future tenisamulo has a brilliant future tenisamulo has a brilliant future tenisamulo has a brilliant future tenisamulo has a brilliant future tenisamulo has a brilliant future

Every time I see this clip I keep hoping that defensive lob in the second game will go in this time, but it never does
Thanks for the memories, but now you've reminded MiffedMax that this wasn't just a bad dream...

Last edited by tenisamulo : Nov 22nd, 2012 at 04:06 PM.
Old Nov 21st, 2012, 07:03 PM   #49
country flag moodin0931

moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute

^ Good thing it was reality
moodin0931 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2nd, 2012, 01:42 AM   #50
country flag HSTENNISGUY

HSTENNISGUY is just really nice HSTENNISGUY is just really nice HSTENNISGUY is just really nice HSTENNISGUY is just really nice HSTENNISGUY is just really nice HSTENNISGUY is just really nice HSTENNISGUY is just really nice HSTENNISGUY is just really nice HSTENNISGUY is just really nice HSTENNISGUY is just really nice HSTENNISGUY is just really nice

Since Melanie isn't going to play for awhile I thought I would spark some conversation and compare some videos of Melanie now and back in 2009. I know mel is done with the past and has to look forward but comparing how she is playing now and then it is very different. In the first video the one I have already posted against Dementieva mel is playing with penetrating strokes deep in the court. Recently, I know mel has had more success this year ,but the style she is playing isn't going to match up well with many of the top women. She is playing with so much loopy spin on her forehand it really has lost some sting it had before. I wish Melanie would have stayed with her wilson blade tour racket it just seemed she had more depth on her strokes. Also I dont really see much difference with her serve but these are just all my opinions hoping some other people might comment. Here is the video of Melanie playing this year.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pF408wG_-pg
Old Dec 2nd, 2012, 03:14 AM   #51
country flag tenisamulo

The U. Rad match wasn't a fair example of Mel's game this year, I don't think. It's an example of Mel's other twin, the evil one who looks like her and plays bad tennis

That video is full of the things that Mel does when she's too self-conscious. She's not feeling her way through the point, not moving her opponent around the court, not using her variety, not being aggressive. When she is aggressive, the misses are horrendous. The tennis switch in Melanie's head was set to the "off" position. She was struggling with a player ranked in the 300s earlier for god's sake, though she won the match, her service stats were ridiculously bad.

But her ability to jump from that, to the bagel she handed Sloane, says to me that it's mental not mechanical. I think she was fighting those 09 USO demons again during the summer run. Winning a fall 50k without dropping a set tells me she got over her issues after the Open.

I like the idea of comparing videos though, maybe should've been its own thread. I think this is a better example of her best this year:

Makarova stepped up her game in the second set, but Mel found another level in the third and ran away with it. How do you think this Mel stacks up against the 09 version?

Last edited by tenisamulo : Dec 2nd, 2012 at 02:24 PM.
Old Dec 2nd, 2012, 06:46 AM   #52
country flag HSTENNISGUY

Yea I have to agree that Melanie played much better in this video especially in the third set. I wish there was a video available for her match in the final against Jankovic where she destroyed her 2 and 4 I believe. I do see flashes of the 09 Oudin in this video ,but there is still something missing that I can't put my finger on. I am very happy about Mel's win in New Braunfels ,but I would say the competition there wasn't to strong nobody near the top 100. I hope she gets to play a high ranked player next year so we can see how she stacks up,but also just to get a chance to swing freely without the pressure of loser to a lower ranked player. I hate the fact that most of Melanie's matches online are of her playing poorly. I would love to watch her match she had against Radwanska at Wimbledon or some of the other matched in NY other than Dementieva and Sharapova.
Old Dec 2nd, 2012, 04:04 PM   #53
country flag tenisamulo

Alas, I fear the Empress was not amused, and had those videos removed from the Internet.

I think Mel might be a tiny bit slower these days, the defensive skills in the Dementieva match were scary. But also, you don't see that whip forehand anymore. She could create some wicked cross court angles with that thing. Similarly, you don't see the twisting backhand she used in this match at 3:07 and more pronounced at 3:31. So, part of what's missing, I think, is that she's not using the court as well, not as many short angled shots to push her opponent off the court, or to create sharp angles that are unreturnable. You still see the short angles from her inside-out forehand, but I don't see them otherwise. That's a dimension that I would like to see return to her game in 2013.

Last edited by tenisamulo : Dec 16th, 2012 at 05:12 AM.
Old Dec 2nd, 2012, 11:23 PM   #54
country flag HSTENNISGUY

Hey sorry the link for that last match just took me to the wta site? Who was the match against?
Old Dec 2nd, 2012, 11:34 PM   #55
country flag tenisamulo

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSTENNISGUY View Post
Hey sorry the link for that last match just took me to the wta site? Who was the match against?
McHale, but you'll have to have flash to view the video, WTA still uses that crap. Here's the link:
http://www.wtatennis.com/videos/arti...udin-vs-mchale

You might have to reload the page to get the video to play

Last edited by tenisamulo : Dec 16th, 2012 at 05:12 AM.
Old Dec 3rd, 2012, 05:43 PM   #56
country flag HSTENNISGUY

Ok I got it to work. Yea seeing this video she is always looking to attack. I see the angles she use to play with even off both sides which I do not see as much now. Also I think her take back on her forehand looks different now. It doesn't have the same pace or depth. Hopefully she has been trying to improve some aspects of her game this off season and will come back new and improved!
Old Dec 3rd, 2012, 06:26 PM   #57
country flag moodin0931

moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute

Im actually really excited for 2013
moodin0931 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9th, 2012, 12:40 AM   #58
country flag tenisamulo

Another vid to help with the identification of Mel's evil twin from the mirror universe.

For me the give away isn't the depth of the forehand, a short forehand can be a good shot depending on when it's played, instead, look at how Safarova hardly has to move during the points. Have you ever seen so many Mel rallies right down the middle of the court? Even when Mel serves, she mostly serves directly to Safarova. Compare this to the nice angles she served against Makarova. And, it's all pound for pound, no slices no drop shots, nada. This is zero tactics, no aggression, basically, Mel's mostly playing like a hitting partner.

So, while she may not be sporting a goatee, there's a lot of evil twin on display here.

Old Dec 11th, 2012, 05:02 PM   #59
country flag tenisamulo

To balance out the last video

Old Dec 11th, 2012, 08:05 PM   #60
country flag HSTENNISGUY

Thanks for the highlights! I wish there were more videos up of the matches mel played well in. Too bad things with adidas didn't work out for Melanie. She looked much better in Adidas... also I think she played better lol jk