Amanda retirement Speculation!!!! - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 3rd, 2002, 01:03 AM   #1
country flag Robbie.

Robbie. has a brilliant future Robbie. has a brilliant future Robbie. has a brilliant future Robbie. has a brilliant future Robbie. has a brilliant future Robbie. has a brilliant future Robbie. has a brilliant future Robbie. has a brilliant future Robbie. has a brilliant future Robbie. has a brilliant future Robbie. has a brilliant future
Unhappy Amanda retirement Speculation!!!!

OMG! After yesterdays great win, I have well and truly been brought back down to earth by the last sentence of this article

http://www.sportsmediainc.net/tennis...&bannerregion=

Please say it isn't true !

I do wonder about the reliability of this news however as this is totally unexpected and mentioned as a sort of after thought at the end of this article. She hasn't really talked about it (other than the usual questions asked of the players her age) and their is no quote from her. Plus she has received the gold exempt which i thought required some sort of commitment from the player

It could well be another journalist taking liberties with the pen, as per usual

This is just awful
Robbie. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 3rd, 2002, 09:35 AM   #2
country flag Coetzer Fan

Coetzer Fan is a name known to all Coetzer Fan is a name known to all Coetzer Fan is a name known to all Coetzer Fan is a name known to all Coetzer Fan is a name known to all Coetzer Fan is a name known to all Coetzer Fan is a name known to all Coetzer Fan is a name known to all Coetzer Fan is a name known to all Coetzer Fan is a name known to all Coetzer Fan is a name known to all
Oh no what a shock
Coetzer Fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3rd, 2002, 05:04 PM   #3
country flag Zamboni
Vamorza!

Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute
I have thought about this all season...until a couple of weeks ago when she received the Gold Exempt status, I thought that would make it for sure she'd play next year. But maybe not. Maybe it will just be given to another player when she retires.

Please let it not be true

"After so many years so much work and everything, this is the moment I always waiting for, no? And it's coming when you doesn't expect and everything ...
For me it was something I was waiting since long time, and finally I have a good trophy in my hands."
Zamboni is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4th, 2002, 08:29 AM   #4
country flag Robbie.

Robbie. has a brilliant future Robbie. has a brilliant future Robbie. has a brilliant future Robbie. has a brilliant future Robbie. has a brilliant future Robbie. has a brilliant future Robbie. has a brilliant future Robbie. has a brilliant future Robbie. has a brilliant future Robbie. has a brilliant future Robbie. has a brilliant future
i was thinking along the same lines linda. but i refuse to believe this
Am I in denial???
Old Oct 4th, 2002, 05:20 PM   #5
zegr

zegr is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Amanda retirement Speculation!!

Hi all. I don't usualy post over here, but I thought I'd drop in and tell you guys what a nice site you have and what a great job you are doing.

I came on here after Amanda's win over Petrova and saw the link to the "Tennis
Week" article and had the same reaction that you did ,tennisadict. This is the first thing I've ever read or heard stating that Amanda would retire at the end of THIS year. The last time I remember Amanda addressing the subject at all was an online chat from Roland Garros just a few months ago. When asked, Amanda said she would keep playing as long she was "competitive", and she certainly has been that lately!

Obviuosly Amanda may have changed her mind since then, but here are some things that run counter to this article:

1) The Gold Exempt status Amanda has received for 2003, which you guys have mentioned.

2) Amanda is playing a pretty ambitious fall schedule for someone who's retiring.

3) This seems to be the only article out there that flatly states Amanda's impending retirement, and nothing seems to have come directly from Amanda herself.

Anyway, thats my take on it. Keep hoping for the best. GO AMANDA IN THE SEMIS!!
zegr is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4th, 2002, 06:25 PM   #6
country flag Coetzer Fan

Coetzer Fan is a name known to all Coetzer Fan is a name known to all Coetzer Fan is a name known to all Coetzer Fan is a name known to all Coetzer Fan is a name known to all Coetzer Fan is a name known to all Coetzer Fan is a name known to all Coetzer Fan is a name known to all Coetzer Fan is a name known to all Coetzer Fan is a name known to all Coetzer Fan is a name known to all
Zegr

I hope you are right !!!!!!!
Coetzer Fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5th, 2002, 12:56 AM   #7
xcrtbckhnd

xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future
Has anyone attempted to contact the author of the article to verify his/her comments?
xcrtbckhnd is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5th, 2002, 12:04 PM   #8
country flag Zamboni
Vamorza!

Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute
zegr, please post more here, cos that was one heck of a first post!

xcrtbckhnd, no, but Eurosport has stated she won't retire, and she hasn't said anything about it, so I suppose it's crap!

"After so many years so much work and everything, this is the moment I always waiting for, no? And it's coming when you doesn't expect and everything ...
For me it was something I was waiting since long time, and finally I have a good trophy in my hands."
Old Oct 5th, 2002, 12:46 PM   #9
zegr

Thanks adnil, we aim to please.
Also great hearing about the Eurosport report!

xcrtbckhnd (sp?) actually a friend of mine from Amanda's Yahoo Fan Group has e-mailed the author of the "Tennis Week" article and is waiting for a reply. I'll pass it along if I hear anything. GO AMANDA IN FILDERSTADT!
Old Oct 6th, 2002, 04:44 AM   #10
country flag Robbie.

hey zegr I used to post on the AC Fangroup on Yahoo intermittently, i haven't been there for ages now I remember your name though Good to see you have migrated here

Thanks for the good news Linda, lets hope Eurosport are right (its not like commentators are always right )
Old Oct 6th, 2002, 03:41 PM   #11
country flag Zamboni
Vamorza!

Zegr, I'm waiting for your friends report!

actually Eurosportcommentators are not often right

Old Oct 8th, 2002, 03:10 PM   #12
zegr

Hi all.

After about four days no reply yet from "Tennis Week". I will certainly let you know if and when we get one.

For what its worth, the Amanda vs Davenport match was shown in the US on tape delay on ESPN2. The commentators made NO mention of Amanda's possible retirement.

GO AMANDA!!
Old Oct 8th, 2002, 03:16 PM   #13
country flag Zamboni
Vamorza!

Thanx zegr. I will keep waiting.

Old Oct 9th, 2002, 04:41 AM   #14
country flag DutchieGirl
On tour

DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute
I don't think Amanda will retire next year!

Hi zegr... who I think is John, but I'm probably wrong... but I know ya post on the ACFG!

She & Him @ Melkweg "The Max", Amsterdam 6th May 2010
DutchieGirl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9th, 2002, 10:25 AM   #15
country flag Robbie.

Lets hope so Sarah