Thoughts on Paris Indoors draw... - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 7th, 2010, 01:42 PM   #1
country flag ED fan forever

ED fan forever has much to be proud of ED fan forever has much to be proud of ED fan forever has much to be proud of ED fan forever has much to be proud of ED fan forever has much to be proud of ED fan forever has much to be proud of ED fan forever has much to be proud of ED fan forever has much to be proud of ED fan forever has much to be proud of ED fan forever has much to be proud of ED fan forever has much to be proud of
Thoughts on Paris Indoors draw...

(1)Dementieva-Bye
Benesova-Pavlyuchenkova
Srebotnik-Petkovic
Qualifier-(5)Rezai

(3)Wickmayer-Martik
Szavay-Govortsova
Oudin-Cirstea
Schnyder-(7)Razzano

(6)Peer-Cornet
Baczinskzy-Qualifier
Paszak-Safarova
Qualifier-(4)Schiavone

(8)Vesnina-Dulgheru
Garbin-Qualifier
Kleybanova-Coin
(2)Pennetta-Bye

Last year, this tournament had Serena, Elena, Jelena, Amelie
They seriously need to consider moving this event back because obviously top players are boycotting it in droves. Elena probably wouldn't be here if Paris GDF wasn't one of her main sponsors.
I thought under the new roadmap, byes in the first round were a thing of the past unless there were certain other factors to take into account-GS or PM tournament taking place the following week. Last year there were no byes in either Sydney or Paris and this year the top 2 seeds have been giving byes at both tournaments
Hopefully Lena should be able to pick up title number 16 this week. A part of me want so see her beat Oudin along the way as well
"And thanks to all the people around the world for supporting me, and my fan club, I could feel your support no matter where I was in the world. Thank you for your devotion. Most importantly, thanks to my family, especially my mom. You've been very supportive, encouraging, inspiring... you were always there for me. It was a long way and we did it together. I love you mom. It's so emotional. It's so hard to say goodbye. I'm going to miss you so much"
Elena Dementieva, 29/10/2010
ED fan forever is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 7th, 2010, 01:46 PM   #2
country flag Sammm

Sammm has a reputation beyond repute Sammm has a reputation beyond repute Sammm has a reputation beyond repute Sammm has a reputation beyond repute Sammm has a reputation beyond repute Sammm has a reputation beyond repute Sammm has a reputation beyond repute Sammm has a reputation beyond repute Sammm has a reputation beyond repute Sammm has a reputation beyond repute Sammm has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Thoughts on Paris Indoors draw...

Wickmayer and Rezai could be tough opponents for Elena in the quarters and semis, so I wouldn't bet on title number 16 straight away.

The draw in general is It used to be so tough to win a tier 2.
Old Feb 7th, 2010, 01:47 PM   #3
country flag Uranium
Dubai Love

Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute

Didn't someone say Elena really wants to win here or something? If so, this is her chance

Uranium is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7th, 2010, 01:49 PM   #4
country flag Sammm

Sammm has a reputation beyond repute Sammm has a reputation beyond repute Sammm has a reputation beyond repute Sammm has a reputation beyond repute Sammm has a reputation beyond repute Sammm has a reputation beyond repute Sammm has a reputation beyond repute Sammm has a reputation beyond repute Sammm has a reputation beyond repute Sammm has a reputation beyond repute Sammm has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uranium View Post
Didn't someone say Elena really wants to win here or something? If so, this is her chance
She likes Paris. I guess that's why. And RG might be out of her reach these days.

Last edited by Sammm : Feb 7th, 2010 at 02:22 PM.
Sammm is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7th, 2010, 01:53 PM   #5
country flag ED fan forever

ED fan forever has much to be proud of ED fan forever has much to be proud of ED fan forever has much to be proud of ED fan forever has much to be proud of ED fan forever has much to be proud of ED fan forever has much to be proud of ED fan forever has much to be proud of ED fan forever has much to be proud of ED fan forever has much to be proud of ED fan forever has much to be proud of ED fan forever has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uranium View Post
Well she's been playing here for donkeys years and after the heartache of losing such a close final last year, it'd be sweet if she could go one further than last year.
Does anyone know why they reintroduced first round byes? Did top players kick up a fuss bout it last year?
"And thanks to all the people around the world for supporting me, and my fan club, I could feel your support no matter where I was in the world. Thank you for your devotion. Most importantly, thanks to my family, especially my mom. You've been very supportive, encouraging, inspiring... you were always there for me. It was a long way and we did it together. I love you mom. It's so emotional. It's so hard to say goodbye. I'm going to miss you so much"
Elena Dementieva, 29/10/2010
ED fan forever is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7th, 2010, 01:53 PM   #6
country flag Uranium
Dubai Love

Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammm View Post
She likes Paris. I guess that's why. And RG might be out of her each these days.
Just checked and she has played this event every year since 2000 except 2005 and 2007 Hope she can finally win it

Uranium is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7th, 2010, 01:58 PM   #7
country flag Shvedbarilescu
Everybody's a star!!!

Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ED to win a slam View Post
I thought under the new roadmap, byes in the first round were a thing of the past unless there were certain other factors to take into account-GS or PM tournament taking place the following week. Last year there were no byes in either Sydney or Paris and this year the top 2 seeds have been giving byes at both tournaments
That's very good point. I was thinking the same thing. I don't like byes and I don't think they benefit the game.
Old Feb 7th, 2010, 02:01 PM   #8
country flag Svetame

Svetame is a name known to all Svetame is a name known to all Svetame is a name known to all Svetame is a name known to all Svetame is a name known to all Svetame is a name known to all Svetame is a name known to all Svetame is a name known to all Svetame is a name known to all Svetame is a name known to all Svetame is a name known to all

My thoughts? I'm deeply upset because this draw does not feature Amélie.
Old Feb 7th, 2010, 02:03 PM   #9
country flag Ferg

Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute

Make the quarters Kata.
Old Feb 7th, 2010, 02:03 PM   #10
country flag nicidle

nicidle is a splendid one to behold nicidle is a splendid one to behold nicidle is a splendid one to behold nicidle is a splendid one to behold nicidle is a splendid one to behold nicidle is a splendid one to behold nicidle is a splendid one to behold nicidle is a splendid one to behold nicidle is a splendid one to behold nicidle is a splendid one to behold nicidle is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammm View Post
Wickmayer and Rezai could be tough opponents for Elena in the quarters and semis, so I wouldn't bet on title number 16 straight away.

The draw in general is It used to be so tough to win a tier 2.
she beat these 2 handily last time when they met..
Old Feb 7th, 2010, 02:21 PM   #11
country flag Sammm

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicidle View Post
she beat these 2 handily last time when they met..
You're right. Both are in better form now though, so I wouldn't be surprised if it was a tougher match this time.
Old Feb 7th, 2010, 03:06 PM   #12
country flag Williams 123

Williams 123 Williams 123 Williams 123 Williams 123 Williams 123 Williams 123 Williams 123 Williams 123 Williams 123 Williams 123 Williams 123

Dementia needs a Williams to villafy herself as a victim.
Williams 123 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7th, 2010, 04:01 PM   #13
country flag SAISAI-GOAT

SAISAI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute SAISAI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute SAISAI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute SAISAI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute SAISAI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute SAISAI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute SAISAI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute SAISAI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute SAISAI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute SAISAI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute SAISAI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute

BORING draw
Tennis Tipping GOATS - HAOCHEN-GOAT SAISAI-GOAT
Tennis Tipping Golden Flower GOATS - GoofyDuck Imperfect Angel M.P longtin23 silverwhite
Tennis Tipping Non-Chinese Faves - Adrian. AYUMI-GOAT coolfish1103 Frederik Igorche kfh_9118 Michael! MikBs Mike. peanuts valac222
SAISAI-GOAT is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7th, 2010, 04:30 PM   #14
country flag nevetssllim
Stanning for Andi

nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute

Unfortunately the Paris Indoor tourney is heading in the same direction as the dodo...

Sam Smith on Hlavackova
Quote:
"I will now call her LP Hlavackova - low percentage Hlavackova. I hope she doesn't drive a car the way she drives her groundstrokes!"
nevetssllim is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote