Kim Clijsters is not down ... yet - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 29th, 2010, 11:26 AM   #1
country flag Mercredi

Mercredi is a splendid one to behold Mercredi is a splendid one to behold Mercredi is a splendid one to behold Mercredi is a splendid one to behold Mercredi is a splendid one to behold Mercredi is a splendid one to behold Mercredi is a splendid one to behold Mercredi is a splendid one to behold Mercredi is a splendid one to behold Mercredi is a splendid one to behold Mercredi is a splendid one to behold
Kim Clijsters is not down ... yet

It would be interesting to see how she comes back after that horrible match.
In here blog she seems like a very balanced girl. Here it is and what do you guys think?

Looking forward
Hi everyone, We all got back to Belgium yesterday morning, after spending a few days in Melbourne relaxing and getting in some family time with Brian and Jada.
We had a lovely day at Werribee Zoo outside of the city, seeing all the rhinos, giraffes, meercats, buffalo and other animals. It was important to leave Australia on a positive note after my third round loss.

Tennis is a funny sport, no matter how well you prepare or train, you never go out and play the same way two days in a row. I've been fortunate in my career that I have for the most part been very consistent but every professional has a day where no matter how hard they try, the cards don't fall your way or you can't put the ball in the court. There was no other explanation for it, people assumed I was feeling unwell, or something bad had happened. That's what happened to me against Nadia Petrova, who played one of the best matches of her career. After my amazing match with Justine in Brisbane I was looking forward to playing a few more big matches in Melbourne, that's what I came back for. Upsets are always possible, that's why we watch sports and as an athlete you have to try and avoid it.

The next day I was lucky enough to bump into Billie Jean King at our hotel and we shared some thoughts over a tea. She said it had also happened to her and the best thing you can do is throw it in the bin and move on. I've always been a positive thinker and I plan to do just that, go forward. I am still making improvements to my game and overall consistency after being off for so long. Its funny, I remember over the years watching other top players lose by strange scores, and I always wondered why that happened ? well now I guess I do.

I made the decision to pull out of Fed Cup shortly after and talking with Brian. My family is my first priority and after four weeks away from home, we felt it was the best thing to spend the next three weeks together before leaving for the States. My family situation is unique to other players and that will require us to regularly evaluate as we move from place to place. Australia was only the third trip I made since I came back and just like with someone's game, there will be adjustments that will need to be made while we find the best balance for our family. I love Fed Cup, I have always supported my country loyally and I hope to play again. This wasn't a decision I took easily and I wish the team the very best.

Its fun watching the tennis here in the mornings, Djokovic ? Tsonga was very exciting this morning, instead of staying up until after midnight in Melbourne. We are overseeing the renovations to our home in Bree at the moment, I have begun training again ? no better way to get over the jet-lag right? I saw Elke and Cruz yesterday too, and its amazing how much he's changed in four weeks ? he's definitely not a little baby any more. We'll celebrate Jada's second birthday in New Jersey.

Then I am looking forward to returning to Madison Square Garden for the Billie Jean King Cup on March 1st, after first playing there as a 17 year old in my first season-ending Championships in 2000. To be amongst the company of the Williams sisters and Svetlana Kuznetsova is a great honour and I'm sure will be a lot of fun. Then we'll leave for Indian Wells on March 7 and I can't wait to return there as its been one of my favourite places to play.

Remember stay positive in whatever you do,
Kim xxx
Advertisement

Old Jan 29th, 2010, 11:31 AM   #2
country flag The Witch-king

The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Kim Clijsters is not down ... yet

Nice blog but this belong in her forum
The Witch-king is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29th, 2010, 11:33 AM   #3
Olórin

Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute

Glad to hear Kim is still positive
She has more slams in her yet and she seems to know it
Olórin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29th, 2010, 12:34 PM   #4
country flag Mercredi

Mercredi is a splendid one to behold Mercredi is a splendid one to behold Mercredi is a splendid one to behold Mercredi is a splendid one to behold Mercredi is a splendid one to behold Mercredi is a splendid one to behold Mercredi is a splendid one to behold Mercredi is a splendid one to behold Mercredi is a splendid one to behold Mercredi is a splendid one to behold Mercredi is a splendid one to behold

It is actually very positive and nice the conversation she had with BJK
Old Jan 29th, 2010, 12:34 PM   #5
country flag Mercredi

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheepInDaBigCITY View Post
I do not think so, because it is more of a discussion with all fans not just Kim fans.
Old Jan 29th, 2010, 12:51 PM   #6
country flag brickhousesupporter

brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute

Since the moderators insist on leaving this in GM......
Quote:
Tennis is a funny sport, no matter how well you prepare or train, you never go out and play the same way two days in a row. I've been fortunate in my career that I have for the most part been very consistent but every professional has a day where no matter how hard they try, the cards don't fall your way or you can't put the ball in the court. There was no other explanation for it, people assumed I was feeling unwell, or something bad had happened. That's what happened to me against Nadia Petrova, who played one of the best matches of her career.
This remind me of I played well below my level and Petrova played the match of her life. What do you guys think....?
Old Jan 29th, 2010, 01:00 PM   #7
country flag The Witch-king

The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by brickhousesupporter View Post
This remind me of I played well below my level and Petrova played the match of her life. What do you guys think....?
i laughed when i read that. And she keeps going on about the score line and how it's a once in a lifetime thing... I mean, if someone plays the match of their lie surely it's not that big of a deal? It's expected, no?
The Witch-king is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29th, 2010, 01:00 PM   #8
country flag Mercredi

Quote:
Originally Posted by brickhousesupporter View Post
There is nothing to say. That combination was true Kim won about 5 points in the first set. Can we stay on the positive and mature side of things?
Old Jan 29th, 2010, 01:10 PM   #9
country flag Declan

Declan has much to be proud of Declan has much to be proud of Declan has much to be proud of Declan has much to be proud of Declan has much to be proud of Declan has much to be proud of Declan has much to be proud of Declan has much to be proud of Declan has much to be proud of Declan has much to be proud of Declan has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheepInDaBigCITY View Post
No, I wouldn't have seen it there; I like Kim but not to the extent that I'd hunt something like this out. It was a good read.
Declan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29th, 2010, 01:20 PM   #10
spartanfan

spartanfan has a reputation beyond repute spartanfan has a reputation beyond repute spartanfan has a reputation beyond repute spartanfan has a reputation beyond repute spartanfan has a reputation beyond repute spartanfan has a reputation beyond repute spartanfan has a reputation beyond repute spartanfan has a reputation beyond repute spartanfan has a reputation beyond repute spartanfan has a reputation beyond repute spartanfan has a reputation beyond repute

Interesting read. Thanks for posting this, and I think it should stay in GM. I would not ordinarilly go into a players forum, even the players I'm a fan of.
Old Jan 29th, 2010, 01:52 PM   #11
country flag cehowardrx7
73,Old,Dirty,&Fast

cehowardrx7 has a reputation beyond repute cehowardrx7 has a reputation beyond repute cehowardrx7 has a reputation beyond repute cehowardrx7 has a reputation beyond repute cehowardrx7 has a reputation beyond repute cehowardrx7 has a reputation beyond repute cehowardrx7 has a reputation beyond repute cehowardrx7 has a reputation beyond repute cehowardrx7 has a reputation beyond repute cehowardrx7 has a reputation beyond repute cehowardrx7 has a reputation beyond repute

The reason Kim lost that last match so badly was because she was waiting for one of those FOOT FAULTS to be called. It didn't come this time!!
cehowardrx7 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29th, 2010, 01:55 PM   #12
country flag brickhousesupporter

brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Declan View Post
No, I wouldn't have seen it there; I like Kim but not to the extent that I'd hunt something like this out. It was a good read.
Quote:
Originally Posted by spartanfan View Post
Interesting read. Thanks for posting this, and I think it should stay in GM. I would not ordinarilly go into a players forum, even the players I'm a fan of.
It does not matter if you would go looking for it.....If this was a Serena blog post it would be moved instantly......Fair is fair....
Old Jan 29th, 2010, 02:15 PM   #13
country flag saki

saki has a reputation beyond repute saki has a reputation beyond repute saki has a reputation beyond repute saki has a reputation beyond repute saki has a reputation beyond repute saki has a reputation beyond repute saki has a reputation beyond repute saki has a reputation beyond repute saki has a reputation beyond repute saki has a reputation beyond repute saki has a reputation beyond repute

I think this stuff about how sometimes everything just goes wrong is a bit bizarre.. I don't think I buy it. I think there's always a reason why something goes wrong and one thing going wrong shouldn't mean everything going wrong.

I mean, every time you hit a shot out or in the net, you're doing something wrong, it didn't just magically happened, you did something like not hold the racket quite right, not time it correctly, etc, etc. It's not out of your control and you should be able to work out what you did wrong. Not necessarily at the time, if you're not a player who is naturally analytical of their technique but at the very least your coach should be able to tell you afterwards so that you can work on it.

Just trying to forget about the match is not as positive as trying to learn from it.
saki is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29th, 2010, 02:23 PM   #14
country flag tennisfan5

tennisfan5 has a brilliant future tennisfan5 has a brilliant future tennisfan5 has a brilliant future tennisfan5 has a brilliant future tennisfan5 has a brilliant future tennisfan5 has a brilliant future tennisfan5 has a brilliant future tennisfan5 has a brilliant future tennisfan5 has a brilliant future tennisfan5 has a brilliant future tennisfan5 has a brilliant future

Love the positivity from Kim. still find it funny that she has a place in NJ
tennisfan5 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1st, 2010, 08:57 AM   #15
country flag fifiricci

fifiricci has a reputation beyond repute fifiricci has a reputation beyond repute fifiricci has a reputation beyond repute fifiricci has a reputation beyond repute fifiricci has a reputation beyond repute fifiricci has a reputation beyond repute fifiricci has a reputation beyond repute fifiricci has a reputation beyond repute fifiricci has a reputation beyond repute fifiricci has a reputation beyond repute fifiricci has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by saki View Post
I think this stuff about how sometimes everything just goes wrong is a bit bizarre.. I don't think I buy it. I think there's always a reason why something goes wrong and one thing going wrong shouldn't mean everything going wrong.

I mean, every time you hit a shot out or in the net, you're doing something wrong, it didn't just magically happened, you did something like not hold the racket quite right, not time it correctly, etc, etc. It's not out of your control and you should be able to work out what you did wrong. Not necessarily at the time, if you're not a player who is naturally analytical of their technique but at the very least your coach should be able to tell you afterwards so that you can work on it.

Just trying to forget about the match is not as positive as trying to learn from it.
I agree with you to an extent, but will reserve judgment until we can see whether this was a one off, or if it recurs. And anyway I have to reserve judgment, so that I don't get verbally crucified in here by those who will hear no criticism of our Kim ().

Personally, whatever the cause was of this "blip" against Petrova, I hope that Kim will work hard on her mental and physical game in the next few months, come back strongly in the spring and give them all what for at Wimbly ....