Caroline Garcia - Page 58 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 2nd, 2014, 01:52 PM   #856
country flag Tecumseh

Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future
Re: Caroline Garcia

Caroline has won 63 62.
Advertisement

Old May 2nd, 2014, 01:53 PM   #857
country flag Natural Joe

Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute

Caro won 6-3 6-2, solid win. Pous Tio is her next opponent.
Natural Joe is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2014, 07:13 PM   #858
country flag améliemomo

améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute

does someone knows if it will be streamed?

Actual Gourou of the "New French Armada"

my blog about french tennis future with the young french guns cominghttp://sheenatennis.canalblog.com/
améliemomo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2014, 08:00 PM   #859
country flag 18majors

18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by améliemomo View Post
does someone knows if it will be streamed?
Streaming will start on Sunday, May 4.

Tomorrow, Caroline will play 1st match on Court 4, starting at 11:00 AM local time.
18majors is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2014, 11:30 AM   #860
country flag Natural Joe

Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute

Won 6-3 6-3 against Pous Tio.
Old May 3rd, 2014, 12:09 PM   #861
country flag Natural Joe

Pics from qualies:

EDIT: One more:

Last edited by Natural Joe : May 3rd, 2014 at 03:23 PM.
Old May 3rd, 2014, 12:11 PM   #862
country flag Tecumseh

Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future

Well done, Caroline!
Old May 3rd, 2014, 02:56 PM   #863
country flag 18majors

18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future

Caroline isn't just playing well, she is unbeaten since 2014 Charleston. Whoever draws Caroline for R1 is totally unlucky.
Old May 3rd, 2014, 02:57 PM   #864
country flag améliemomo

améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18majors View Post
Streaming will start on Sunday, May 4.

Tomorrow, Caroline will play 1st match on Court 4, starting at 11:00 AM local time.
thank you for the info,

will be interesting to see her deal with a top player in next match

my blog about french tennis future with the young french guns cominghttp://sheenatennis.canalblog.com/
Old May 3rd, 2014, 03:54 PM   #865
country flag Natural Joe

She plays against Kerber in the first round. Good luck!

Here's an interview after today's final Q round:

Quote:
Caroline Garcia: “This tournament wants to be different to the others”

After getting through the Mutua Madrid Open qualifying stage by beating Spain’s Sara Sorribes and Laura Pous, the French player sat down with the official website to analyse her magnificent form of late and to give her opinion about the Madrid tournament.

Full of smiles after beating Laura Pous in the qualifying stage to earn a place in the competition’s main draw, Caroline Garcia sat down to talk with the Mutua Madrid Open. The 20-year-old Frenchwoman gave her opinion about the tournament and also spoke about her recent strong run of form.

What are your feelings and expectations in this tournament after these first few matches?

I have felt good during the qualifying matches. It’s not easy to play against Spanish players but I’m happy to have won. I can improve on things tomorrow because it will be a great match to play. My next opponent is a very good player.

Now that you’re in the main draw, what are your objectives?

I’ll just play my usual game. I’ll be aggressive but it also depends on what the other player does. I’ll keep trying to improve because the French Open is coming up and that is very important, but saying that, I have to remain focused on this tournament.

You have been playing really well over the last few weeks; you just won your first WTA singles and doubles titles in Bogota and you just cruised through the Mutua Madrid Open qualifying stage. How do you feel?

I know that I’m enjoying some good form at the moment and I’m full of confidence in terms of how I train and how I play in matches. I just have to make sure that I continue to work hard on the court and to not become complacent. You have to work a lot on court and stay focused on your game.

How would you describe yourself as a player?

I have a good serve and play a direct game. I like to put a lot of spin on the ball. I’m very aggressive, I’m not afraid to approach the net and I move well around the court.

You have beaten Top 10 players like Jelena Jankovic, and even won a set against world number 1 Serena Williams in Miami. Do you think your confidence is the key reason behind such good performances?

I don’t think [confidence] is the key to beating a good player. You always have to work a lot on court, expect the unexpected and play aggressively, which I like to do. But the more confident you are, the harder you will try to win.

You played on the Mutua Madrid Open centre court yesterday. What was it like playing in the main stadium?

It’s big and really well designed. It’s extremely bright on the court, but saying that I’m also happy to play on any of the other courts here [laughs].

What are your thoughts about this tournament, the Mutua Madrid Open?

It’s an excellent tournament. It’s very different to the other tournaments we play in, but it’s nice to have some variety. The Mutua Madrid Open is very modern, well designed and we are treated extremely well. I like the atmosphere here.

A long time has passed since a French player last won a grand slam. Do you feel any pressure to win one?

I don’t feel any pressure but it’s normal for a player to have some expectations of themselves. You have to be prepared for the possibility. I just focus on myself and try to enjoy my tennis, train hard and improve.

Why do you think this is such a standout tournament?

Well everything is really well designed and modern. I think this tournament wants to be different to the other ones, and its great for us players to change things up.

You are now enjoying a nine-match winning streak. Did you expect to go on a run like this at the start of the year?

I wasn’t expecting anything like this, but long may it continue. However, each match is different and at the start of each tournament you have to forget about the last one. I try not to think about it that much. For example, when I played in the Fed Cup I forgot about the tournament I had just won because in order to be ready you have to focus on the now.
http://www.madrid-open.com/en/notici...e-a-los-otros/
Old May 3rd, 2014, 04:43 PM   #866
country flag Trey

Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute

Q are placed Tough first round

R1: Caroline Garcia vs Angelique Kerber
Trey is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2014, 04:44 PM   #867
country flag améliemomo

thanks for the beautiful pics and this interview, she seems very focused and more professional, like if she knows what she has to do with all the expectations she has as a young upcoming player.

kerber, tough for sure cause she hit many balls back, she never gives up but clay is not her best surface, she lost to suarez navarro last week in stuttgart.
caroline is right, she has to be focused and play very agressive game to beat her.

Old May 3rd, 2014, 05:28 PM   #868
country flag 18majors

Caroline will play R1 tomorrow at Stadium 3, NB 7:00 PM local time.

Good luck, Caroline!
Old May 4th, 2014, 07:30 PM   #869
country flag Tecumseh

Congrats, Caroline!

I am thrilled how she delivers top class performances on a regular basis for quite some time now. Her topspin forehand is really a huge weapon and absolutely effective and deadly on clay.
Old May 4th, 2014, 07:39 PM   #870
country flag 18majors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecumseh View Post
Congrats, Caroline!

I am thrilled how she delivers top class performances on a regular basis for quite some time now. Her topspin forehand is really a huge weapon and absolutely effective and deadly on clay.
It started in 2011 when she almost shocked Sharapova at 2011 RG; but time has been rough for Caroline until she fought that tough 3-setter with Serena at 2014 Miami.

However, Caroline's apprenticeship is over, time for her to shine and become the star.