Caroline Garcia - Page 14 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 25th, 2011, 03:46 PM   #196
country flag Turnip

Turnip is a splendid one to behold Turnip is a splendid one to behold Turnip is a splendid one to behold Turnip is a splendid one to behold Turnip is a splendid one to behold Turnip is a splendid one to behold Turnip is a splendid one to behold Turnip is a splendid one to behold Turnip is a splendid one to behold Turnip is a splendid one to behold Turnip is a splendid one to behold
Re: Caroline Garcia

Garcia is the 2 seed in the juniors and plays Tereza Smitkova of Czechia.
Birmingham FITD champ 2012
Turnip is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 27th, 2011, 05:12 PM   #197
country flag Turnip

Turnip is a splendid one to behold Turnip is a splendid one to behold Turnip is a splendid one to behold Turnip is a splendid one to behold Turnip is a splendid one to behold Turnip is a splendid one to behold Turnip is a splendid one to behold Turnip is a splendid one to behold Turnip is a splendid one to behold Turnip is a splendid one to behold Turnip is a splendid one to behold

Caroline won in straights. :]

Next up: Stephanie Nauta from my country, USA
Old Jun 27th, 2011, 06:28 PM   #198
country flag améliemomo

améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute

a talented girl

Actual Gourou of the "New French Armada"

my blog about french tennis future with the young french guns cominghttp://sheenatennis.canalblog.com/
améliemomo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29th, 2011, 12:32 PM   #199
country flag améliemomo

améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute

Caro won 6-2 6-3

next is Anett Kontaveit (EST) (13)

my blog about french tennis future with the young french guns cominghttp://sheenatennis.canalblog.com/
Old Jun 30th, 2011, 01:44 PM   #200
country flag Iceland
From island to island

Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute

Caro won 62 67 64.
She was about to win it pretty easily but the Estonian girl eventually broke Caro's serve at 13 second set and since then, the match was much more contested. She will face in QF Gonzalez. It shouldn't be too difficult.
I hope she will take a break after Wimbledon. I think she needs a bit of time to handle her new status.

Allez Caro!

Supporting Marion Bartoli - Aga Radwańska - Aravane Rezaď - Laura Robson - Caroline Garcia !!!

http://kristinamladenovic.blogspot.com/
Iceland is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30th, 2011, 02:12 PM   #201
country flag Turnip

Well done Caroline!
Old Jul 1st, 2011, 02:31 PM   #202
country flag Turnip

Caroline had a struggle with Gonzalez but was able to prevail. 6-1 6-7(2) 8-6. Khromacheva next in SF, remember Garcia beat her 3 & 1 at the Aussie Open!
Old Jul 3rd, 2011, 02:53 PM   #203
country flag améliemomo

she lost 6-7 6-3 1-6

Caroline is better player than that kromacheva girl but she lost that match mentally. She lost her focus at the start of third set while she had the momentum to lose her serve , had 3 bps to tie at 2-2 in that last set but failed. I think this "mental side" of her game has to be improved. When she leads a game she has to hold it and be more nasty in a positive way. she totally gave up then
I think she ll learn from pro matchs in the itf circuit.
She was on the entry list of 50K Contrexville starting 11/07 but she withdrew...

Old Jul 9th, 2011, 01:27 PM   #204
country flag Sam L
Sunset, Moonrise, Winter

Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute

She's like my favourite right now along with the Williams sisters. I hope she won't disappoint.
Old Jul 11th, 2011, 01:02 PM   #205
country flag dos Santos

dos Santos has disabled reputation

RG.2011.GS.SF.Jabeur.vs.Garcia
dos Santos is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15th, 2011, 04:33 AM   #206
BlueTrees

BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute

Getting To Know... Caroline Garcia

Caroline Garcia almost caused the upset of the French Open when, as a wildcard ranked No.188, she led Maria Sharapova by a set and 4-1 in the second round. While victory was not to be, few were left with any doubts as to the 17-year-old's prospects. Andy Murray even tweeted that, as far as he was concerned, she was headed for No.1.

We caught up with Caroline at the AEGON Classic in Birmingham.

Tell us about your family.
CG: I'm an only child. My parents' names are Paul Louis and Mary Lene; they own a real estate agency, although my father travels with me most of the time.

How did you get into tennis?
CG: I started when I was five years old. My parents played socially. I played tennis, basketball and other sports but I preferred tennis - I was better at it! So I started playing tournaments in my region and then Europe and now I am playing tournaments on the WTA and Grand Slams.

What are the strengths of your game?
CG: My forehand and serve.

If you could steal a hot from another player, what would it be?
CG: The mentality of Nadal.

Did you have a tennis idol when you were growing up?
CG: No, not really.

You hail from Saint-Germain-en-Laye - the same town as Amélie Mauresmo. Do you think that could be a good omen for your career?
CG: Yeah, maybe! If I could have a career like hers' I'd be very happy.

What's your coaching situation at the moment?
CG: Since March this year I've been coached by Frederic Fontag. We're working on lots of small things.

Looking back, how do you feel about your match with Sharapova?
CG: Just after the match I was a little disappointed, because I was 4-1 up in the second set. But I'm happy that I was able to go on the court and start like it was just a normal match. So I think I can take a lot of experience from this. Next time, when I have to finish off a big match like that, it's probably going to be different outcome.

Was it hard to then go back and play the junior event?
CG: It wasn't as difficult as it might have been. Maybe if I had to go and play a 10K event it would have been different, but Grand Slam juniors are very important, so I just focused on my game and the tournament.

How do you feel about grass as a surface? Do you have much experience of it?
CG: I've played one match last year, in the Wimbledon juniors. It's different to clay, of course. You have to play your own game: don't think a lot, just play. [Ed.'s note: Garcia has since reached the semis of junior Wimbledon].

Best tennis memory to date?
CG: For me, all of this year has been a very good memory. From winning my first WTA main draw match at the Australian Open, to playing on the Philippe Chatrier court at Roland Garros for the first time. All victories are difficult, so every win brings a great feeling.

What do you like to do off court, to relax?
CG: In tennis you are not always with your family, so I like to spend time with them, just eat meals with them, pass time with them. I also like to read and go to the cinema.

How far did you go in your education?
CG: I'm still finishing high school by correspondence.

Favorite subject?
CG: I like English.

If you had to describe yourself in one word, what would you say?
CG: That's difficult. Unique.

What quality do you most admire in other people?
CG: I admire people who work hard.

What's your ideal holiday?
CG: Somewhere where there is a lot of sun and it is calm.

If you were stuck on a desert island and allowed one luxury, what would you have with you?
CG: Something like an iPad...

What non-tennis skill would you like to have?
CG: I'd like to be able to act.

What sort of goals have you set, in terms of tennis?
CG: My goal for this year is to be Top 100, and my dream is to be No.1 and win a Grand Slam title… hopefully not just one!
Old Jul 15th, 2011, 11:23 AM   #207
country flag améliemomo

Very nice interview. I like her more and more.

Thanks for the transcript.

Old Jul 19th, 2011, 10:56 AM   #208
country flag Sam L
Sunset, Moonrise, Winter

Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueTrees. View Post
Getting To Know... Caroline Garcia

Caroline Garcia almost caused the upset of the French Open when, as a wildcard ranked No.188, she led Maria Sharapova by a set and 4-1 in the second round. While victory was not to be, few were left with any doubts as to the 17-year-old's prospects. Andy Murray even tweeted that, as far as he was concerned, she was headed for No.1.

We caught up with Caroline at the AEGON Classic in Birmingham.

Tell us about your family.
CG: I'm an only child. My parents' names are Paul Louis and Mary Lene; they own a real estate agency, although my father travels with me most of the time.

How did you get into tennis?
CG: I started when I was five years old. My parents played socially. I played tennis, basketball and other sports but I preferred tennis - I was better at it! So I started playing tournaments in my region and then Europe and now I am playing tournaments on the WTA and Grand Slams.

What are the strengths of your game?
CG: My forehand and serve.

If you could steal a hot from another player, what would it be?
CG: The mentality of Nadal.

Did you have a tennis idol when you were growing up?
CG: No, not really.

You hail from Saint-Germain-en-Laye - the same town as Amélie Mauresmo. Do you think that could be a good omen for your career?
CG: Yeah, maybe! If I could have a career like hers' I'd be very happy.

What's your coaching situation at the moment?
CG: Since March this year I've been coached by Frederic Fontag. We're working on lots of small things.

Looking back, how do you feel about your match with Sharapova?
CG: Just after the match I was a little disappointed, because I was 4-1 up in the second set. But I'm happy that I was able to go on the court and start like it was just a normal match. So I think I can take a lot of experience from this. Next time, when I have to finish off a big match like that, it's probably going to be different outcome.

Was it hard to then go back and play the junior event?
CG: It wasn't as difficult as it might have been. Maybe if I had to go and play a 10K event it would have been different, but Grand Slam juniors are very important, so I just focused on my game and the tournament.

How do you feel about grass as a surface? Do you have much experience of it?
CG: I've played one match last year, in the Wimbledon juniors. It's different to clay, of course. You have to play your own game: don't think a lot, just play. [Ed.'s note: Garcia has since reached the semis of junior Wimbledon].

Best tennis memory to date?
CG: For me, all of this year has been a very good memory. From winning my first WTA main draw match at the Australian Open, to playing on the Philippe Chatrier court at Roland Garros for the first time. All victories are difficult, so every win brings a great feeling.

What do you like to do off court, to relax?
CG: In tennis you are not always with your family, so I like to spend time with them, just eat meals with them, pass time with them. I also like to read and go to the cinema.

How far did you go in your education?
CG: I'm still finishing high school by correspondence.

Favorite subject?
CG: I like English.

If you had to describe yourself in one word, what would you say?
CG: That's difficult. Unique.

What quality do you most admire in other people?
CG: I admire people who work hard.

What's your ideal holiday?
CG: Somewhere where there is a lot of sun and it is calm.

If you were stuck on a desert island and allowed one luxury, what would you have with you?
CG: Something like an iPad...

What non-tennis skill would you like to have?
CG: I'd like to be able to act.

What sort of goals have you set, in terms of tennis?
CG: My goal for this year is to be Top 100, and my dream is to be No.1 and win a Grand Slam title… hopefully not just one!

Thanks for the interview. Allez Caroline!
Old Jul 25th, 2011, 10:13 AM   #209
country flag améliemomo

Caroline is back on the itf circuit this week

she plays Fergana 25K in Uzbekistan. She's seeded n°1.

Allez Caro!

Old Jul 25th, 2011, 05:51 PM   #210
country flag améliemomo

R1: caroline def Muhammadsidikova (UZB) 6-0 6-0