Women's ITA Team Indoor Championships - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 14th, 2010, 04:52 AM   #31
country flag desariofan

desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold
Re: Women's ITA Team Indoor Championships

4-3... omg
desariofan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 14th, 2010, 05:02 AM   #32
country flag desariofan

desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold

5-4 OMG is it on serve or???
Old Feb 14th, 2010, 05:05 AM   #33
country flag tucker1989

tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute

I think it must be on serve
tucker1989 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14th, 2010, 05:09 AM   #34
UFGatorFan

UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light

It's past midnight in the East. This is why I hate the format they use for the women's. The way the men do it is much better.
UFGatorFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14th, 2010, 05:27 AM   #35
country flag tucker1989

tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, way to go Northwestern! They are close to unbeatable indoors still
tucker1989 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14th, 2010, 05:27 AM   #36
Tennisace

Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold

I hope they'll be good and tired for Cal
Tennisace is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14th, 2010, 05:49 AM   #37
country flag fantic

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute

ok, 3 of my prediction went wrong, I'm outta here

Lao & Pulido both losing, and Entekhabi, who was so solid last year..I guess Fansler needs to be back

Baylor..lost the doubles, last yr's #1 Ormond still losing at lower position..

Hickey defeated Cossou, Davis defeated Seguso, crazy results..

And Florida lost in the lower positions...where's their depth

I'm going to console myself with chocolate chip cookies and Gossip Girl season 2
"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson
Nil admirari (never enthuse over things).
- Horace, Epistles

Last edited by fantic : Feb 14th, 2010 at 06:47 AM.
fantic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14th, 2010, 06:14 AM   #38
country flag desariofan

well i shoulda stuck to my original prediction that NW was going to win it all. They are just a very good indoors team and the defending champs anyway. FL fought hard, Will @ #2 gave UF a good chance, but Barlette @ #6 just couldn't close it out.

The depth is certainly there, but UF has a young team and this is exactly what they needed to grow and be tougher for the next come around. Embree hasn't really been a factor yet, which is a shame, losing 2 straight matches. I am sure she'll pick up the leadership role in no time.
Old Feb 14th, 2010, 06:49 AM   #39
country flag fantic

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute

as I said earlier, BOONSTRA SHOULD RESUME #1 FROM LAST YEAR. ;P It'll load off some pressure from Embree, so it'll be a win-win
"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson
- Horace, Epistles
Old Feb 14th, 2010, 02:37 PM   #40
Tennisace

Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold

I love how I went 0-4 based on my original predictions. But am glad that Cal was able to squeak the win over UCLA. Despite the leadership at the top three positions Cal is a young team at the bottom and is really going to need them to step up if they want to finally win an NCAA title (although last year was Cal's best chance).
Old Feb 14th, 2010, 03:11 PM   #41
country flag fantic

UCLA losing the doubles pt was surprising. And Schnack/Remynse losing 1-8 ? Andersson/Juricova wasn't good this season so far..

USC's loss at doubles was also big, thought Mang, Cecil out Duke's doubles have weakened...of course, USC still needs to work out their doubles.

I thought #1 was a bit weak, but I BELIEVED #2 Ramos/Lao not a good result for Lao, I guess, ah well, they both are young and I'm sure they'll get better
- Woodrow Wilson
- Horace, Epistles
Old Feb 14th, 2010, 04:50 PM   #42
country flag 2nd_serve

2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
I love how I went 0-4 based on my original predictions. But am glad that Cal was able to squeak the win over UCLA. Despite the leadership at the top three positions Cal is a young team at the bottom and is really going to need them to step up if they want to finally win an NCAA title (although last year was Cal's best chance).
So how do you get the conclusion that Cal is a young team at the bottom? The other thread on this forum identifies Cal's #4 as a 21 year old freshman who is now a senior, after transfer. And the #5 player, has an atypical birthday for a freshman of 19/08/1989 and long page full of ITF tournament experience before become a freshman.
2nd_serve is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14th, 2010, 05:35 PM   #43
Tennisace

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nd_serve View Post
So how do you get the conclusion that Cal is a young team at the bottom? The other thread on this forum identifies Cal's #4 as a 21 year old freshman who is now a senior, after transfer. And the #5 player, has an atypical birthday for a freshman of 19/08/1989 and long page full of ITF tournament experience before become a freshman.
First of all, I believe that just because you are older doesn't mean you are necessarily better than someone younger.

True that Kasia has experience playing at the college level although playing No. 6 vs. No. 4 is real no comparison. Kasia isn't really that good of a tennis player. If you look at her Baylor record she pretty much struggled at that level. Frankly I am surprised that Cal has her at No. 4. In fact I think that there might be some integrity issues with the line-up (No. 6 Davis beat Siwosz 6-4, 6-1 at the Cal Nike Invitational). She seems to be a sacrificial lamb for Cal...she's gone 0-2 so far.

Goransson really hasn't been that impressive so far. To clarify my "young" term I meant they have yet to really learn from Augustus. I feel that most players at Cal (including the Brogan era) tend to get better as their college career advances. Bobusic and Ilcinkas did not have stellar results in their first two years at Cal and then they really hit their strides.
Old Feb 14th, 2010, 05:36 PM   #44
Tennisace

Michigan really has been the star of the Indoors. It'll be interesting to see if they can translate their success outdoors.
Old Feb 14th, 2010, 06:19 PM   #45
country flag its_a_racquet

its_a_racquet is just really nice its_a_racquet is just really nice its_a_racquet is just really nice its_a_racquet is just really nice its_a_racquet is just really nice its_a_racquet is just really nice its_a_racquet is just really nice its_a_racquet is just really nice its_a_racquet is just really nice its_a_racquet is just really nice its_a_racquet is just really nice

Tennisace - not sure how you come to the conclusion that Michigan has been the star of the Indoors, unless you mean relative to your (personal)expectations? Seems like someone saying the Colts were the star of the Super Bowl's 1st quarter.....

Most here had Northwestern losing 4-0 to Florida yet they beat them as one example of another team vying for "star" of the indoors, however, it's still early in the event so I'll hold judgement.

Having said all that, Michigan is definitely building a great program and is (very) worthy of a top 10 / top 15 ranking.
its_a_racquet is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote