Women's ITA Team Indoor Championships - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 1st, 2010, 05:20 PM   #1
country flag johnnytennis

johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice
Women's ITA Team Indoor Championships

Can someone explain how the draws are set up for this event. I noticed last year that the host team Wisconsin opened-up playing an #8 seed which seems a little strange to me.
johnnytennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 3rd, 2010, 04:52 AM   #2
Tennisace

Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold
Re: Women's ITA Team Indoor Championships

I know for sure that they plant the seeds in the draw (this is different from the WTA where the No. 1 seed can play any of the No. 5-8 seeds:

1 vs. 8
4 vs. 5

3 vs. 6
2 vs. 7

I'm not entirely sure how they draw the other 8 teams, although I have a feeling they try to avoid conference match-ups.
Tennisace is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5th, 2010, 01:59 AM   #3
country flag 2nd_serve

2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all

No. 1 Duke vs. Wisconsin

- No. 2 Northwestern vs. Tennessee

- No. 3 California vs. Georgia Tech

- No. 4 Georgia vs. North Carolina

- No. 5 Baylor vs. Florida State

- No. 6 Miami (FL) vs. UCLA

- No. 7 Florida vs. Michigan

- No. 8 USC vs. Clemson

Source

Draw at

Last edited by 2nd_serve : Feb 5th, 2010 at 02:09 AM. Reason: add more
2nd_serve is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5th, 2010, 06:13 AM   #4
country flag desariofan

desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold

wow interesting. who do u think will come out on top?
desariofan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8th, 2010, 11:54 PM   #5
UFGatorFan

UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light

I'm biased, but I think Florida has a great shot to win this. They've looked extremely strong in doubles and singles to this point. Granted, they haven't yet faced any of the very best teams, but their lineup is so deep. They looked really good this afternoon in sweeping USF, especially 1-5 singles, with just dominating efforts. Of course, they don't really play indoors much, so that's a factor for sure.
UFGatorFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9th, 2010, 01:19 AM   #6
country flag desariofan

desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold

Florida has a good shot, but they've not performed well in indoors.

I am betting no Northwestern. But, would love the gators to win!

I'll be there @ the nationals to cheer the gators on. It's going to be held in Athens, Ga.
Old Feb 9th, 2010, 02:21 AM   #7
UFGatorFan

UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light

Historically they have, when they actually play there. I think they've won it 6 times before. I'm just glad they're actually playing in it this year and healthy. Last year was the first time they played in a while, but they only had 5 healthy players.
UFGatorFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9th, 2010, 02:44 AM   #8
Tennisace

Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold

Time for Predictions
1st Round
Duke def. Wisconsin 4-0
USC def. Clemson 4-2
North Carolina def. Georgia 4-3
Baylor def. Florida State 4-0

UCLA def. Miami 4-2
Cal def. Georgia Tech 4-3
Florida def. Michigan 4-0
Northwestern def. Tennessee 4-2

Quarterfinals
USC def. Duke 4-0
Baylor def. North Carolina 4-3
UCLA def. Cal 4-2
Florida def. Northwestern 4-0

Semifinals
USC def. Baylor 4-2
Florida def. UCLA 4-1

Finals
Florida def. USC 4-1
Old Feb 9th, 2010, 03:37 AM   #9
country flag johnnytennis

johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
Time for Predictions
1st Round
Duke def. Wisconsin 4-0
USC def. Clemson 4-2

UCLA def. Miami 4-2

Quarterfinals
USC def. Duke 4-0
UCLA def. Cal 4-2

Semifinals
USC def. Baylor 4-2
Florida def. UCLA 4-1

Finals
Florida def. USC 4-1
I wouldn't count out anyone of the 15 teams. Florida hasn't played anyone yet even during the ITF qualifying weekend. When you're playing teams of this caliber, they are all very good teams and not a huge difference between any of them. Look at lasts years first round matches. I think all but one or two of them finished at 4-3. I will predict that Florida wont be there at the end!
johnnytennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9th, 2010, 08:03 AM   #10
country flag desariofan

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnytennis View Post
I wouldn't count out anyone of the 15 teams. Florida hasn't played anyone yet even during the ITF qualifying weekend. When you're playing teams of this caliber, they are all very good teams and not a huge difference between any of them. Look at lasts years first round matches. I think all but one or two of them finished at 4-3. I will predict that Florida wont be there at the end!
I think you meant to say FL will? lol

FL has a tremendous lineup and crazy deep talents. Where else would you see a top 10 player from last year playing at # 3 position in the team? Lauren & Allie are pretty much the #1 and #2 ranked junior in their graduating years.

For predictions, I say Duke rolls past Wisconsin, but loses to USC in a close match. And I see Baylor beat USC and will be in the finals.

UF beats Cal to face Baylor.

UF 4-0.
Old Feb 9th, 2010, 07:22 PM   #11
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Time for Predictions
1st Round
Duke def. Wisconsin 4-0
USC def. Clemson 4-2

UCLA def. Miami 4-2

Quarterfinals
USC def. Duke 4-0
UCLA def. Cal 4-2

Semifinals
USC def. Baylor 4-2
Florida def. UCLA 4-1

Finals
Florida def. USC 4-1
UCLA vs Miami, NU vs TENN, Cal vs GT would be interesting.

USC def. Duke you mean USC will sweep the lower positions?
Baylor has solid lineup, so you never know..
and yes, I also will bet on Florida.

"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson
fantic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12th, 2010, 03:53 PM   #12
country flag 2nd_serve

2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all

Scores starting to come in from first round the morning matches.

Doubles point won by
UNC
Baylor
Florida
Northwestern
2nd_serve is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12th, 2010, 03:58 PM   #13
country flag Embittered

Embittered has disabled reputation

Quote:
Time for Predictions
1st Round
Duke def. Wisconsin 4-0
USC def. Clemson 4-2

UCLA def. Miami 4-2
Brave to give such precise scores when the final score is highly dependent on the order the matches are played in.

Mind you, they seem to have played out the doubles so far. If they do the same for the singles, you've got no chance except with your 4-3 predictions.
Embittered is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13th, 2010, 02:08 AM   #14
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Time for Predictions
1st Round
Duke def. Wisconsin 4-0
USC def. Clemson 4-2

UCLA def. Miami 4-2
Duke def. Wisc 6-1
USC def CU 4-2
UNC def UGA 5-2
BU def FLst 5-2

UCLA def UM 4-0
Cal def GT 4-2
UF def MICH 5-2
NU def TENN 6-1

Tennisace you got USC vs CU right

and Falconi revenged the loss at Indoors
Mosolova also revenged the loss at WAATC
and I told you guys, Muresan is the player to watch! She
beat Embree.
I thought Marand was the better player, surprised that she
lost to Gilchrist (remember she was bagelled by Lao at WAATC)
and Schnack won against Vallverdu again, after WAATC
Gullickson seemed to have struggled against Tsang, and
Hyndman lost again..
and Hmmm, where is Florida State's Scharle?
and I told you guys USC's lower positions are good, #6 Andrews, #4 Pulido, #3 Lao won the match in that order..without Fansler playing (hope Fansler is not ill or something)

"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson
fantic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13th, 2010, 02:13 AM   #15
Tennisace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Embittered View Post
Brave to give such precise scores when the final score is highly dependent on the order the matches are played in.

Mind you, they seem to have played out the doubles so far. If they do the same for the singles, you've got no chance except with your 4-3 predictions.
Ahhhh yes I forgot about that. But I did go 8 for 8

If they had only played to 4 the scores would have been:

Duke 4-0
USC 4-2
North Carolina 4-1
Baylor 4-2

UCLA 4-0
Cal 4-1
Florida 4-0
Northwestern 4-1

Since they played 2, 4, 6 first I believe for the quarterfinals they play 1, 3, 5 first.