French Open Help - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 12th, 2010, 03:24 AM   #1
jbone_0307

jbone_0307 has much to be proud of jbone_0307 has much to be proud of jbone_0307 has much to be proud of jbone_0307 has much to be proud of jbone_0307 has much to be proud of jbone_0307 has much to be proud of jbone_0307 has much to be proud of jbone_0307 has much to be proud of jbone_0307 has much to be proud of jbone_0307 has much to be proud of jbone_0307 has much to be proud of
French Open Help

Hi, I'm going to be in Paris the first week of the French Open and was wondering if I could get some help on buying tickets and what not. From my understanding, there are two types of tickets: Annex and Court seats. The annex seats are just grounds seats and provide no access to the main courts. So on the outer courts, it is basically 1st come first serve. With the court tickets, we have designated seats along with access to outer courts for the entire day.

Is it too late to buy tickets reasonably priced? Are there ticket scalpers or places that sell discount tickets? Could somebody provide an experience of how the Annex tickets worked (i.e. was it crowded, a lot of walking, etc.?) I checked the French Open website and all of the court seats were sold out and they only had annex tickets left for like a few days. Other websites were selling tickets, but they were way more expensive. Would you recommend buying tickets now, wait (if there are discounted places), or purchase them from outside venders. Thanks!!
jbone_0307 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 12th, 2010, 06:47 AM   #2
country flag *Jean*

*Jean* has a reputation beyond repute *Jean* has a reputation beyond repute *Jean* has a reputation beyond repute *Jean* has a reputation beyond repute *Jean* has a reputation beyond repute *Jean* has a reputation beyond repute *Jean* has a reputation beyond repute *Jean* has a reputation beyond repute *Jean* has a reputation beyond repute *Jean* has a reputation beyond repute *Jean* has a reputation beyond repute
Re: French Open Help

I've never liked the big courts tickets, as if you don't want to pay very much, you'll be sitting very very high - especially on the Center Court - and it's not worth it because you can watch only the stars, and you can't plan which star is playing where and when.
Taking the annex courts ticket is very much better as you have access to all the courts from the N°2 to the N°17 + the training courts, it's much cheaper and the show is much better.
The best solution is to go into the queue early in the morning of the day you wanna go to the tournament. It's a smart move, especially since rain often changes the tournament's schedule.
TT WTA Titles Singles '09 Fes '10 Strasbourg '11 Palermo, US Open, Linz, Phoenix '13 Alphen Aan Den Rijn Doubles '07 Fes, Forest Hills, Luxembourg '08 Amelia Island, Rome '09 Barcelona, Tashkent, Prerov '10 Memphis, Moscow '11 Australian Open, Bastad, Phoenix '12 Paris '13 Sydney, Taipei, Merida '14 Andrezieux-Boutheon, Pelham
Finals Singles '08 Sydney, New Haven '09 Monterrey '10 Wimbledon, Rio de Janeiro '11 Nantes Doubles '08 Sydney, Miami, Moscow '09 Estoril, Nottingham, Bratislava '10 Eastbourne, Stanford, US Open, Minsk, Antalya '12 Montreal '13 Pelham, Waterloo, Alphen Aan Den Rijn, Bertioga '14 Wimbledon
*Jean* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12th, 2010, 10:02 AM   #3
country flag Sarah<Kim-fan>

Sarah<Kim-fan> has a reputation beyond repute Sarah<Kim-fan> has a reputation beyond repute Sarah<Kim-fan> has a reputation beyond repute Sarah<Kim-fan> has a reputation beyond repute Sarah<Kim-fan> has a reputation beyond repute Sarah<Kim-fan> has a reputation beyond repute Sarah<Kim-fan> has a reputation beyond repute Sarah<Kim-fan> has a reputation beyond repute Sarah<Kim-fan> has a reputation beyond repute Sarah<Kim-fan> has a reputation beyond repute Sarah<Kim-fan> has a reputation beyond repute

I love annex courts especially in the first round, you get some really good and exciting tennis (on Center Court you often get in the first rounds the top seeds winning their matches easily)
Normally you can get in on most matches you want to see, only matches with French players, or top players playing at court 2 or 3 might be difficult, but if you really want to see a match and get there in time, you can see any match you want

if you want to go and don't want to pay too much, I'd say buy those annex tickets ASAP! you won't regret it
Sarah<Kim-fan> is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12th, 2010, 12:41 PM   #4
country flag Talula

Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute

The tickets for the main courts are all sold out - they went on public sale in February. If you go on the official site you can still get annex tickets.

If you go in the first week annex tickets are better because as someone else said here you oculd find oyurself on the main courts watching a poor match and leaving to go and see a better match on the annexes.

I absolutely love going to RG - my favourite place to see tennis. I hope you have a lovely time.

Players I root for now: Heather, Laura, Lucie, Marion, Serena, Simona, Svetlana, Venus, Vika. And Caroline.
Doubles and Mixed Doubles are fun and underrated.
Talula is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12th, 2010, 12:46 PM   #5
country flag barboza

barboza has a brilliant future barboza has a brilliant future barboza has a brilliant future barboza has a brilliant future barboza has a brilliant future barboza has a brilliant future barboza has a brilliant future barboza has a brilliant future barboza has a brilliant future barboza has a brilliant future barboza has a brilliant future

If you're going for the early rounds, you do not need to buy tickets beforehand. You can arrive on the day itself, but make sure to get there well before the ticket booths open. I think I got there around 8 or 9 and still managed to get show court tickets.
barboza is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16th, 2010, 11:20 PM   #6
jbone_0307

jbone_0307 has much to be proud of jbone_0307 has much to be proud of jbone_0307 has much to be proud of jbone_0307 has much to be proud of jbone_0307 has much to be proud of jbone_0307 has much to be proud of jbone_0307 has much to be proud of jbone_0307 has much to be proud of jbone_0307 has much to be proud of jbone_0307 has much to be proud of jbone_0307 has much to be proud of

So around how much do the Annex tickets cost? On the official French Open website they were around 21 Euro, but other websites had them at like 100 Euro. And let me make sure....I do not need to buy Annex tickets in advance? They dont sell out? Thanks
jbone_0307 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote