The "Vamos Arantxa" cheering thread - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 2nd, 2002, 05:11 PM   #1
marsha

marsha is just really nice marsha is just really nice marsha is just really nice marsha is just really nice marsha is just really nice marsha is just really nice marsha is just really nice marsha is just really nice marsha is just really nice marsha is just really nice marsha is just really nice
The "Vamos Arantxa" cheering thread

*not* started by one of the "J"'s -- **ROFL**
marsha is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 2nd, 2002, 05:58 PM   #2
country flag JonBcn
Tart with a Heart

JonBcn has a reputation beyond repute JonBcn has a reputation beyond repute JonBcn has a reputation beyond repute JonBcn has a reputation beyond repute JonBcn has a reputation beyond repute JonBcn has a reputation beyond repute JonBcn has a reputation beyond repute JonBcn has a reputation beyond repute JonBcn has a reputation beyond repute JonBcn has a reputation beyond repute JonBcn has a reputation beyond repute
I'm surprised to see that Arantxa has entered, according to todays commitment update. Given her indoor record in recent years, i'd be happy for just one or two wins with a good draw.

But I think we can take her interest to signal a commitment to working with Daniela at their goal: the season ending championships. Hope so anyway.

Last edited by JonBcn : Oct 3rd, 2002 at 05:07 PM.
JonBcn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4th, 2002, 12:06 AM   #3
marsha

marsha is just really nice marsha is just really nice marsha is just really nice marsha is just really nice marsha is just really nice marsha is just really nice marsha is just really nice marsha is just really nice marsha is just really nice marsha is just really nice marsha is just really nice
Quote:
Originally posted by JonBcn
But I think we can take her interest to signal a commitment to working with Daniela at their goal: the season ending championships. Hope so anyway.
OR... here's another theory (and one Arantxa sort of alluded to in NYC) Arantxa plays the tournaments she likes, where the people like her. She likes Filderstadt; she always plays it. She didn't like Moscow, she doesn't like Zurich. She does as she pleases...she feels she's earned that right. (also remember, Filderstadt is greenset [hardcourt inside] and not the dreaded carpet!) Anyway, that's my theory.

A nice bonus is she gets to hopefully get more dubs points toward the Final 8 -- I know she *expects* she will be playing there as we had a brief conversation about how much we both hate LA!
Old Oct 4th, 2002, 12:49 AM   #4
country flag Gallofa
Diosa Contable

Gallofa has a brilliant future Gallofa has a brilliant future Gallofa has a brilliant future Gallofa has a brilliant future Gallofa has a brilliant future Gallofa has a brilliant future Gallofa has a brilliant future Gallofa has a brilliant future Gallofa has a brilliant future Gallofa has a brilliant future Gallofa has a brilliant future
Yeah, if she's playing here is only because they let her drive a Porsche around (and that's true - they loan her a Porsche!).

Good luck Arantxa!!! Vamos!!!

Gallofa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4th, 2002, 02:48 PM   #5
marsha

Hey gallofa, I think you have hit the nail on the head -- she once said that Porsche was her favorite car and she also said she loves to drive (actually she said "I love to drive FAST!") and as Urpi and I (we saw her driving away from the Lipton a few years ago) can attest to, that is soooo the truth! *LOL*
Old Oct 4th, 2002, 10:47 PM   #6
Julian

Julian has much to be proud of Julian has much to be proud of Julian has much to be proud of Julian has much to be proud of Julian has much to be proud of Julian has much to be proud of Julian has much to be proud of Julian has much to be proud of Julian has much to be proud of Julian has much to be proud of Julian has much to be proud of
GOOD LUCK ARANTXA!!!! VAMOSSS!!
Julian is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6th, 2002, 01:18 AM   #7
country flag JasonW

JasonW is a glorious beacon of light JasonW is a glorious beacon of light JasonW is a glorious beacon of light JasonW is a glorious beacon of light JasonW is a glorious beacon of light JasonW is a glorious beacon of light JasonW is a glorious beacon of light JasonW is a glorious beacon of light JasonW is a glorious beacon of light JasonW is a glorious beacon of light JasonW is a glorious beacon of light
I'm gonna bump this up. But yeah, I definately agree with Marsha. Arantxa will prolly play the tourneys that like her. and the ones she likes.
Hopefully next year she will play at Amelia Island. She likes that tourney ALOT from what I understand. And it's my uh....I guess...home tourney

Visit http://www.ludorock.com Ludo is the next big band!!!
JasonW is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6th, 2002, 05:14 AM   #8
marsha

Let's face it, Jason, she *LOVES* Amelia Island-- she's played here every year since she was 13, Mary Jo Griffin is here (her "second grandmother"), all the crowd LOVES her ... AND (best of all, I think.. look at who was here last year -- you and me and Panda and Karl and Randy and Allison -- what's not to love??)

Really once, a few years agao, she told me and my sister it was her *favorite* tournament
Old Oct 6th, 2002, 05:22 AM   #9
country flag tarah

tarah is a glorious beacon of light tarah is a glorious beacon of light tarah is a glorious beacon of light tarah is a glorious beacon of light tarah is a glorious beacon of light tarah is a glorious beacon of light tarah is a glorious beacon of light tarah is a glorious beacon of light tarah is a glorious beacon of light tarah is a glorious beacon of light tarah is a glorious beacon of light
Good luck Arantxa!!
Old Oct 6th, 2002, 01:32 PM   #10
Julian

Julian has much to be proud of Julian has much to be proud of Julian has much to be proud of Julian has much to be proud of Julian has much to be proud of Julian has much to be proud of Julian has much to be proud of Julian has much to be proud of Julian has much to be proud of Julian has much to be proud of Julian has much to be proud of
Arantxa first plays Martina in the 1st round..

Well, I hope Arantxa tries her best..anything can happen! GOOD LUCK ARANTXA!!
Julian is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6th, 2002, 01:48 PM   #11
country flag JonBcn
Tart with a Heart

JonBcn has a reputation beyond repute JonBcn has a reputation beyond repute JonBcn has a reputation beyond repute JonBcn has a reputation beyond repute JonBcn has a reputation beyond repute JonBcn has a reputation beyond repute JonBcn has a reputation beyond repute JonBcn has a reputation beyond repute JonBcn has a reputation beyond repute JonBcn has a reputation beyond repute JonBcn has a reputation beyond repute
I dont know why, but I sense the distinct possibility of an upset...

Not a lot of luck in the doubles draw though...the old pairing of Davenport/Raymond are back together again, facing Arantxa and Daniela in the first round...good luck girls!

Last edited by JonBcn : Oct 6th, 2002 at 02:45 PM.
JonBcn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6th, 2002, 09:18 PM   #12
Joseosu19

Joseosu19 has a brilliant future Joseosu19 has a brilliant future Joseosu19 has a brilliant future Joseosu19 has a brilliant future Joseosu19 has a brilliant future Joseosu19 has a brilliant future Joseosu19 has a brilliant future Joseosu19 has a brilliant future Joseosu19 has a brilliant future Joseosu19 has a brilliant future Joseosu19 has a brilliant future
Vamos Arantxa...upset Martina
Arantxa Sanchez Vicario Always #1
Joseosu19 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7th, 2002, 09:35 AM   #13
wave

wave has a reputation beyond repute wave has a reputation beyond repute wave has a reputation beyond repute wave has a reputation beyond repute wave has a reputation beyond repute wave has a reputation beyond repute wave has a reputation beyond repute wave has a reputation beyond repute wave has a reputation beyond repute wave has a reputation beyond repute wave has a reputation beyond repute
Good luck for the first round. As Martina is not playing at her best, there might be an upset. Vamosss Arantxa.

(I'm very sorry that I won't be able to see Arantxa playing near my hometown (probably for the last time), but I have to leave for Athens on Tuesday (business travel)). Well, I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Arantxa, you will always be in my heart. Thanks for all the great matches you gave us and for just being a wonderful person on and off court.
All the best for your future!
wave is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7th, 2002, 12:14 PM   #14
country flag DEETHELICK

DEETHELICK has a reputation beyond repute DEETHELICK has a reputation beyond repute DEETHELICK has a reputation beyond repute DEETHELICK has a reputation beyond repute DEETHELICK has a reputation beyond repute DEETHELICK has a reputation beyond repute DEETHELICK has a reputation beyond repute DEETHELICK has a reputation beyond repute DEETHELICK has a reputation beyond repute DEETHELICK has a reputation beyond repute DEETHELICK has a reputation beyond repute
Good luck Arantxa!

I really believe she can take Martina out, I don't know why, but I also feel an upset could happen! Arantxa is just so experienced and much more fitter than Martina

Plus the dubs draw!!
Old Oct 7th, 2002, 02:03 PM   #15
country flag mauresmofan

mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute
Come on Arantxa wear Martina down!