Steffi Graf Admiration Thread Vol 2 - Page 9 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 13th, 2010, 10:45 AM   #121
country flag djul14

djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all
Re: Steffi Graf Admiration Thread Vol 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by R-K-M View Post
Write in detail,i can't watch match because of only grand slams are telecasted in india.
As I said she still is so in shape, quite more than while she was playing, I am becoming jealous
The level of tennis was really good, her FH was working pretty amazingly, but Lindsay for the first half of the match made a lot of mistakes, she wasn't really into it. Steffi made a rageous FH at a moment with a "YEEESSSS" to conclude it
Martina is still incredible at volleying and justine was justine, playing great, we quite didn't hear the sound of her voice. Navratilova, as expected, was the one who was talking and making jokes. She kept on telling Justine not to play on that FH !
There was a funny moment at a changeover with Steffi and Lindsay talking like 2 oldies about children (with the mic (that she lost twice while running) we could hear everything), Steffi ended the discussion with "they (kids) are into baseball, not tennis, NOT TENNIS."
Steffi spotted Tony Bennett in the crowd(apparently a star singer in the US ) and told "there is tony bennet, HE should have a microphone!"
Navratilova/Henin won the match 8-6. Steffi made more mistakes (the net) while the match lasted. Navratilova really seemed to be concerned to win it.
Davenport said at the interview at the net, that in the corner leading to the court they talked and Steffi thought she (Lindsay) was 40 (she is 33).
Great tennis, great fun.

The mens match was hilarious mostly thanks to Andre, first question when he came on court was :
"what do you think of your wife performance ?
-what do you mean... on the tennis court or...? "
BUT later he made a stupid joke about Sampras being a bad tipper, Pete was clearly pissed of, the mood after that changed, poor Rafa and Roger didn't know what to do.

(Sorry for the mistakes)

Last edited by djul14 : Mar 13th, 2010 at 11:26 AM.
djul14 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 13th, 2010, 10:51 AM   #122
country flag djul14

djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolldot2 View Post
Hi am new here i watched some of the match i heard the tension in the men's was awful between agassi and Sampras alot of personal banter going on what question was Steffi asked by Tracy Austin i didn't get to see the whole lot unfortunately.
No Tracy once again asked if their kids play tennis with such parents (i think she heard this question something like a hundred times) , she answered somehow "they didn't want to push them etc"

Sampras and Agassi, it was strange, Pete from the begining of the match you just didn't hear him, then he imitated Andre, and Andre imitated him by looking for money in his pockets but there was nothing , before that he made a bad joke about Pete's hair too.
Old Mar 13th, 2010, 11:11 AM   #123
country flag dolldot2

dolldot2 is just really nice dolldot2 is just really nice dolldot2 is just really nice dolldot2 is just really nice dolldot2 is just really nice dolldot2 is just really nice dolldot2 is just really nice dolldot2 is just really nice dolldot2 is just really nice dolldot2 is just really nice dolldot2 is just really nice

Haven't heard the post match interviews i wonder how personal Pete took it Andre has a very big mouth good sometimes but not always I was waiting for Pete to say oh wait i got something stuck in my nose i.e agassi drugs !!

There a interview in emotion magazine with Steffi Graf but unfortunately i can't translate german wonder will they have any more kids??? She is fab shape especially nearly hitting 41!
dolldot2 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13th, 2010, 11:20 AM   #124
country flag djul14

Forget to say, that Steffi won at something yesterday during the latch...the popularity meter
Old Mar 13th, 2010, 11:21 AM   #125
country flag tennisfan2808

tennisfan2808 is a name known to all tennisfan2808 is a name known to all tennisfan2808 is a name known to all tennisfan2808 is a name known to all tennisfan2808 is a name known to all tennisfan2808 is a name known to all tennisfan2808 is a name known to all tennisfan2808 is a name known to all tennisfan2808 is a name known to all tennisfan2808 is a name known to all tennisfan2808 is a name known to all

Karen! i missed the entire hour! I had to leave the house and set timer for my dvd at 12.25pm til 2.30pm and I only had the last 10 mins of the match. I am so furioussss now.... Eurosport, how could u give the wrong timing earlier??????? Karen, do u happen to record it on dvd?
tennisfan2808 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13th, 2010, 11:21 AM   #126
country flag djul14

Quote:
Haven't heard the post match interviews i wonder how personal Pete took it Andre has a very big mouth good sometimes but not always I was waiting for Pete to say oh wait i got something stuck in my nose i.e agassi drugs !!

There a interview in emotion magazine with Steffi Graf but unfortunately i can't translate german wonder will they have any more kids??? She is fab shape especially nearly hitting 41!
Old Mar 13th, 2010, 12:16 PM   #127
country flag dolldot2

dolldot2 is just really nice dolldot2 is just really nice dolldot2 is just really nice dolldot2 is just really nice dolldot2 is just really nice dolldot2 is just really nice dolldot2 is just really nice dolldot2 is just really nice dolldot2 is just really nice dolldot2 is just really nice dolldot2 is just really nice

Hi everyone i didn't properly introduce myself am Laura and am from Ireland haven't being wanting to join for ages now i have
Old Mar 13th, 2010, 12:18 PM   #128
country flag Seleção82

Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Hi everyone i didn't properly introduce myself am Laura and am from Ireland haven't being wanting to join for ages now i have
Hi and WELCOME!
Seleção82 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13th, 2010, 12:34 PM   #129
country flag Seleção82

Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of

Well, what can I say ... everything that I could say about the match has already been said (that Steffi is still in excellent shape, that her forehand is still amazing, etc.), so that there is no point in me repeating it.

I did only watch the ladies' match, not the men's match. According to what you guys wrote about the men's match here, it seems that the fun has been spoilt by some not so funny humor, so that it's tolerable that I missed it.
Andre can be really funny at times, but on the other hand his jokes at the same time can get offending and embarassing for himself. It is a bit irritating that his sense of humor can get pretty immature at times, while otherwise he is a great and mature person.
Seleção82 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13th, 2010, 12:55 PM   #130

tennisfan2808 is a name known to all tennisfan2808 is a name known to all tennisfan2808 is a name known to all tennisfan2808 is a name known to all tennisfan2808 is a name known to all tennisfan2808 is a name known to all tennisfan2808 is a name known to all tennisfan2808 is a name known to all tennisfan2808 is a name known to all tennisfan2808 is a name known to all tennisfan2808 is a name known to all

Welcome to the forum Laura! Great to have you!
Old Mar 13th, 2010, 12:59 PM   #131

I only watched the men's (the women's match only the last 10 mins 'cause the cable tv here gave a wrong timing info!!! Grrrr!!!! I'm still angry!!!!!)
But yeah, Andre was a bit too much in the middle of it that it got rather tensed
Old Mar 13th, 2010, 01:04 PM   #132
country flag djul14

Quote:
Welcome here
Old Mar 13th, 2010, 01:18 PM   #133
juliehardwick

juliehardwick has disabled reputation

Steffi looked great I thought - played uneven but looks wonderful.

Agassi - Sampras - vast exaggeration people and I did watch Believe it or not, the small universe of people who post on tennis message boards have a tendency to overreact wildly. As to the grief there was, I thought it was a two way street - Sampras started it, Agassi probably made one more sharp remark than he might have done, Sampras overreactedly wildly (big serve right at Agassi - is he 12?). It takes two to tango. At the end, Sampras could obviously see he overstepped as he hugged Agassi long and tight at the net (12?) and then made haste to say in the on court interview that he loves Andre:-)
Also said he was only cheap that once when Agassi and Gilbert saw him (ha ha - likely story - but confirms the Agassi account in the book is true), and that usually he's a good tipper but he knows Agassi is a very good tipper (ie acknowledging he doesn't tip on the Agassi level despite having a $28 million house on the market this week). Gimelstob was the interviwer and said something like "that's ok, we don't grade tipping on a scale, Agassi's the most generous tipper alive."

Does that sound like a major drama or upset? I think Agassi and Sampras are - as they've both said repeatedly - two totally different people and frankly they grate on each other 9as last night) but nevertheless decided long ago to get along (as last night).

Here's a report by the LA TImes journalist who was there - and since journalists always like to blow things up if at all possible, you can see by her failure to do so that it's was no big deal.

http://articles.latimes.com/2010/mar...haiti-20100313
juliehardwick is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13th, 2010, 01:26 PM   #134
country flag dolldot2

Not a fan of Sampras at all very boring here sure maybe Andre was just being honest i can imagine he is stingy anyhow Nadal should have being on partners with Sampras he is extremely boriiiinggggg

Its the same in his book he didn't say anything offensive just that Pete is so sensitive
Old Mar 13th, 2010, 01:42 PM   #135
country flag Warriorroger

Warriorroger is a splendid one to behold Warriorroger is a splendid one to behold Warriorroger is a splendid one to behold Warriorroger is a splendid one to behold Warriorroger is a splendid one to behold Warriorroger is a splendid one to behold Warriorroger is a splendid one to behold Warriorroger is a splendid one to behold Warriorroger is a splendid one to behold Warriorroger is a splendid one to behold Warriorroger is a splendid one to behold

Legend touching Legend. I always wanted to see some sort of interaction between my two idols: Federer and Graf. A million thanks to the poster on youtube. You see Steffi kissing Roger. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_zrIITUBt0
Warriorroger is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote