Steffi Graf Admiration Thread Vol 2 - Page 83 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 30th, 2010, 02:01 PM   #1231
country flag Seleção82

Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of
Re: Steffi Graf Admiration Thread Vol 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by R-K-M View Post
Can anybody tell me more baout it:

Hijacker was Graf fan.
HAMBURG Hamburg, city, Germany
Hamburg (häm`brkh), officially Freie und Hansestadt Hamburg (Free and Hanseatic City of Hamburg), city (1994 pop.
..... Click the link for more information.: The hijacker who forced an EgyptAir flight to land in Hamburg is a fan of retired tennis star Steffi Graf Noun 1. Steffi Graf - German tennis player who won seven women's singles titles at Wimbledon (born in 1969)
Graf, Stephanie Graf and had made a failed attempt to enter Germany two weeks ago, police said.

The identity of the suspect, described by authorities as mentally disturbed, was still unclear, a day after he gave himself up to German police and released all 55 people aboard the plane.

The man is accused of commandeering a Cairo-bound Boeing 737-500 at knife- point Tuesday night, shortly after takeoff from Turkey, and demanding to be flown to Germany.
Quote:
Originally Posted by djul14 View Post
^^never heard about this story before
I remember very vaguely such a story. Must have been a few years ago, around 2005 or so if I remember correctly. But I can't recall any details. I will see if I can find some more info on the internet.
Seleção82 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 30th, 2010, 02:30 PM   #1232
country flag Seleção82

Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seleção82 View Post
I remember very vaguely such a story. Must have been a few years ago, around 2005 or so if I remember correctly. But I can't recall any details. I will see if I can find some more info on the internet.
It was 1999 ...

http://www.welt.de/print-welt/articl...etsel_auf.html

Unfortunately the article is too long for a decent translation, so please use the Google translator (Sorry ).
Old Oct 30th, 2010, 02:50 PM   #1233
country flag Seleção82

And while searching the net for info on this plane hijacking, I also found this (sorry if posted before):

http://karook.wordpress.com/sports/sania-mirza/

SANIA MIRZA

:: PROFILE ::

Birth Date: 15 Nov 1986
Birth Place: Mumbai, India
Residence: Hydrabad, India
Nationality: INDIA
Height: 1.68m
Weight: 54kg
Plays: Right Handed (Double Handed Backhand)
Favourite Surface: Hard
Coach: Cak Bhupathi
Age Began Tennis: 6
Personal Interests: Swimming, Music
Ambition: To be in the Top 20 of the World.
Favourite player: Steffi Graf.
Sponsored by: G.V.K. Group of Industries, Adidas and Head.
Represented India at the 2002 Junior Fed Cup.
Old Oct 30th, 2010, 03:15 PM   #1234
country flag R-K-M

R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future
Thumbs down Re: Steffi Graf Admiration Thread Vol 2

Quote:
And while searching the net for info on this plane hijacking, I also found this (sorry if posted before):

http://karook.wordpress.com/sports/sania-mirza/

SANIA MIRZA

:: PROFILE ::

Birth Date: 15 Nov 1986
Birth Place: Mumbai, India
Residence: Hydrabad, India
Nationality: INDIA
Height: 1.68m
Weight: 54kg
Plays: Right Handed (Double Handed Backhand)
Favourite Surface: Hard
Coach: Cak Bhupathi
Age Began Tennis: 6
Personal Interests: Swimming, Music
Ambition: To be in the Top 20 of the World.
Favourite player: Steffi Graf.
Sponsored by: G.V.K. Group of Industries, Adidas and Head.
Represented India at the 2002 Junior Fed Cup.
I know that,but i can't like her even she's from my country.

She had many controversies in her little career,there were may be really her mistakes or others misunderstandings.
She recently got married a Pakistan player.He divorced his 1st wife because he wanted to marry Sania. Offcourse they had lived seperately for a long time,and there wasn't no connection of Sania ,but he gave divorce because of Sania.This is a reason for why many people stop liking her and another reason is he is from Pakistan(you know India-Pak wars). and most of people turned her fans because of her beauty,fashions and not for her game.

To speak against anyone is not applicable to me,but i clearly tell you that i'm not a supporter of her and only hope she should win if she's on court and i hope this only as an indian.
"She's one of the greatest players, maybe even greatest" : Richard Krajicek
"Steffi is the best all around player of all-time, regardless of surfaces" : Martina Navratilova
"Steffi is definitely the greatest singles player ever" : Billie Jean King
R-K-M is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30th, 2010, 03:23 PM   #1235
country flag R-K-M

R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future

Quote:
It was 1999 ...

http://www.welt.de/print-welt/articl...etsel_auf.html

Unfortunately the article is too long for a decent translation, so please use the Google translator (Sorry ).
thanks for the link, Seleção82.

@djul14,
I knew that why you do not uploading videos on youtube.i mean it takes lot of time to finish the process.

Although,i request you that please try to upload 1988(it's already on youtube,but quality is poor) and 1989 wimbledon finals only if you have good quality.

It's only a request,not an order.(

where is Irma,we miss her a lot.
"She's one of the greatest players, maybe even greatest" : Richard Krajicek
"Steffi is the best all around player of all-time, regardless of surfaces" : Martina Navratilova
"Steffi is definitely the greatest singles player ever" : Billie Jean King
R-K-M is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30th, 2010, 04:53 PM   #1236
country flag djul14

djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by R-K-M View Post
thanks for the link, Seleção82.

@djul14,
I knew that why you do not uploading videos on youtube.i mean it takes lot of time to finish the process.

Although,i request you that please try to upload 1988(it's already on youtube,but quality is poor) and 1989 wimbledon finals only if you have good quality.

It's only a request,not an order.(

where is Irma,we miss her a lot.
Isn't it already on youtube ?
Last time I uploaded a whole match, it was really really too long, and I have a laptop at home, i can't let it plugged all day long while I am at work.

@Seleçao, yes Mirza is a big fan of Steffi, I remember reading a little news, in which she said she met her in Vegas in a parking while she (Mirza) was leaving after a training(with the other adidas pros there), she said she was so impressed that she only managed to mumble some words
Mirza is not the only one, a lot of young players are Steffi fans, sometimes on the WTA website in the section "getting to know" they ask young players about their favs.
djul14 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31st, 2010, 11:03 AM   #1237
country flag JamieOwen3

JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute

Steffi Graf vs Anna Kournikova 1999 Roland Garros 4th round Highlights

Maria Sharapova Venus & Serena Martina Hingis Anna Kournikova Monica Seles Ana Ivanovic Victoria Azarenka Jelena Dokic Laura Robson Eugenie Bouchard Heather Watson Marion Bartoli Petra Kvitova Donna Vekic

Official Siberian Death Stare Of The Maria Mafia
Andy Murray 2013 Wimbledon Champion. @TheGrandSlams
JamieOwen3 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3rd, 2010, 01:18 PM   #1238
country flag 4times

4times is just really nice 4times is just really nice 4times is just really nice 4times is just really nice 4times is just really nice 4times is just really nice 4times is just really nice 4times is just really nice 4times is just really nice 4times is just really nice 4times is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolldot2 View Post
Welcome to Vegas, Buster

We love him as a bona fide member of the family, and we all pitch in, but as you might expect, it's Stefanie that does most of the heavy lifting, always making sure he's fed and happy, just like the rest of us.
How is everyone? I love the way AA never fails to pass up any opportunity to compliment his wife.
4times is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3rd, 2010, 04:43 PM   #1239
country flag djul14

djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all

4times

And thanks for the 4th round Highlights vs Kournikova, remember this match, I was scared (yes ! scared. vs kournikova ) at the end of the 2nd set, but thank god Kournikova made a lot of mistakes on importants points
Old Nov 5th, 2010, 10:04 PM   #1240
country flag JamieOwen3

JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute

if anyone wanted the match with Anna, here it is

Steffi Graf vs Anna Kournikova 1999 Roland Garros R4 (re-up to megaupload)

Part1: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=KHYBUNJJ (full first set)
Part2: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=53L3B74N (until 3-3)
Part3: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=POAHOOSF (from 3-3 to end)
Maria Sharapova Venus & Serena Martina Hingis Anna Kournikova Monica Seles Ana Ivanovic Victoria Azarenka Jelena Dokic Laura Robson Eugenie Bouchard Heather Watson Marion Bartoli Petra Kvitova Donna Vekic

Old Nov 7th, 2010, 11:31 PM   #1241
country flag gabybackhand

gabybackhand has much to be proud of gabybackhand has much to be proud of gabybackhand has much to be proud of gabybackhand has much to be proud of gabybackhand has much to be proud of gabybackhand has much to be proud of gabybackhand has much to be proud of gabybackhand has much to be proud of gabybackhand has much to be proud of gabybackhand has much to be proud of gabybackhand has much to be proud of

I watched the last few games and the tie-break of this match back then, and I was so pleased that Steffi controlled her nerves and lack of confidence to close it. And more so when she won the whole event and proved what a trememdous champion she was against the new generation, who were the first to act as if the previous generations could not hit a ball or played feathers as shots. Happy Graf hit them on their face!
Merciless Monica - Barcelona Bumblebee
gabybackhand is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9th, 2010, 01:13 AM   #1242
country flag JamieOwen3

a clip from the second set a few games from different parts of the set.

S.Graf & J.McEnroe vs V.Williams & J.Gimelstob 1999 Wimbledon Mixed Doubles QF

Old Nov 9th, 2010, 07:53 AM   #1243
country flag 4times

4times is just really nice 4times is just really nice 4times is just really nice 4times is just really nice 4times is just really nice 4times is just really nice 4times is just really nice 4times is just really nice 4times is just really nice 4times is just really nice 4times is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieOwen3 View Post

Awww! Miss her so much...
4times is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9th, 2010, 09:41 AM   #1244
country flag djul14

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieOwen3 View Post

I "understand" a little bit why McEnroe was made about the wo., they could have win it.
Old Nov 11th, 2010, 10:25 AM   #1245
country flag djul14

http://www.bild.de/BILD/sport/mehr-s...utschland.html

Steffi will play a show match on 4th June 2011, in Halle (Germany, grass court), it will be a double with H Leconte.

Last edited by djul14 : Nov 11th, 2010 at 10:57 AM.