Steffi Graf Admiration Thread Vol 2 - Page 79 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 25th, 2010, 01:08 AM   #1171
juliehardwick

juliehardwick has disabled reputation
Re: Steffi Graf Admiration Thread Vol 2

They seem to be from the shoot for the Vogue story last winter. A lot of nice photos - they should use this photographer again!
juliehardwick is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 25th, 2010, 03:05 AM   #1172
country flag R-K-M

R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stef-fan View Post
Steffi's SI cover from 1991 makes it to the list of great SI covers over the years and yes, it is the only tennis related cover that makes it to the list.
http://joeposnanski.si.com/2010/09/2...trated-covers/
Thanks for that. Steffi's cover placed not only under top-32,but also top-10.

According to my fanship research,Steffi planned to take rest for some time,if she didn't make good result at wimbledon,because she still suffering from her dad scandal at the time,but She won the championship amazingly .

Previously I hate SI only because of there is biased Frank Deford.anyway,Finally i stop hating SI.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djul14 View Post
Thanks, I like this cover. And the SI vault website is just incredible. Oh and at the #12 in the list, on most of the covers I absolutely don't know who those people are(base ball and NFL players)

I just Steffi on my TV screen...during the commercials, the rexonna one
Welcome back,may be you are busy these days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kati830728 View Post
Thanks for the link Kati,

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolldot2 View Post
Thanks you katie they are lovely photos they both look great
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessyka View Post
Those are beautiful! Thanks for the link!
Thanks for all your thanks!! to kati.
"She's one of the greatest players, maybe even greatest" : Richard Krajicek
"Steffi is the best all around player of all-time, regardless of surfaces" : Martina Navratilova
"Steffi is definitely the greatest singles player ever" : Billie Jean King
R-K-M is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25th, 2010, 10:15 AM   #1173
country flag dolldot2

dolldot2 is just really nice dolldot2 is just really nice dolldot2 is just really nice dolldot2 is just really nice dolldot2 is just really nice dolldot2 is just really nice dolldot2 is just really nice dolldot2 is just really nice dolldot2 is just really nice dolldot2 is just really nice dolldot2 is just really nice

Andre and Steffi Visit Lynchburg for Virginia 10 miler

http://www.wdbj7.com/news/wdbj7-agas...,1763472.story
dolldot2 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25th, 2010, 11:18 AM   #1174
country flag steffiandbibi

steffiandbibi is a name known to all steffiandbibi is a name known to all steffiandbibi is a name known to all steffiandbibi is a name known to all steffiandbibi is a name known to all steffiandbibi is a name known to all steffiandbibi is a name known to all steffiandbibi is a name known to all steffiandbibi is a name known to all steffiandbibi is a name known to all steffiandbibi is a name known to all

Thank you all for the news and pics!

Quote:
Although they've won world aclaim as tennis players, the celebrity couple says they don't consider themselves runners.

"At one point few years ago, we were talking about could I do it? One day, I would have liked to run a marathon, but physically I'm not there anymore," says Graf.

Agassi politely disagreed with his wife.

"To say she can run is an understatement," says Agassi. "I know she can run, I've been chasing her my whole life."
how sweet!

周笔笔 但愿你的眼睛,只看得见笑容,但愿你流下每一滴泪,都让人感动
steffiandbibi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25th, 2010, 12:22 PM   #1175
country flag Stef-fan

Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all

Video link for the same event.
http://www2.newsadvance.com/news/201...nts-ar-524505/
Stef-fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28th, 2010, 04:48 PM   #1176
country flag djul14

djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all

I can't rememeber if someone here already talked about it (I think actually), but the LIFE website is just amazing, I've had a brief look at it yesterday and already saw some really great (Steffi) pictures
djul14 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28th, 2010, 05:35 PM   #1177
country flag Stef-fan

Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all

Yes, there are some very nice pictures, posted links to few of them in her photo volume sometime back.
Stef-fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28th, 2010, 06:05 PM   #1178
country flag bia

bia is a glorious beacon of light bia is a glorious beacon of light bia is a glorious beacon of light bia is a glorious beacon of light bia is a glorious beacon of light bia is a glorious beacon of light bia is a glorious beacon of light bia is a glorious beacon of light bia is a glorious beacon of light bia is a glorious beacon of light bia is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
I can't rememeber if someone here already talked about it (I think actually), but the LIFE website is just amazing, I've had a brief look at it yesterday and already saw some really great (Steffi) pictures
I haven't seen that, can you post the link, please?
bia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28th, 2010, 07:27 PM   #1179
country flag djul14

djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by bia View Post
I haven't seen that, can you post the link, please?
http://www.life.com/
just type her name in the search bar
Old Sep 30th, 2010, 07:35 AM   #1180
country flag bia

bia is a glorious beacon of light bia is a glorious beacon of light bia is a glorious beacon of light bia is a glorious beacon of light bia is a glorious beacon of light bia is a glorious beacon of light bia is a glorious beacon of light bia is a glorious beacon of light bia is a glorious beacon of light bia is a glorious beacon of light bia is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
http://www.life.com/
just type her name in the search bar
Thanks Djul, great site and great pics.
bia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2nd, 2010, 06:58 AM   #1181
country flag R-K-M

R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future

Critic (from 1998):Tennis player Steffi Graf says she quit the Roman Catholic Church for "personal reasons." But others say that she could have been one of the thousands of Germans who have left their churches to save on taxes. Since the days of the Weimar Republic, Germany has collected a tax from members of organized religion to fund those churches. Only members of unrecognized faiths, such as Islam or Scientology, are exempt. The tax is now 8 percent or 9 percent of a person's income. But those who aren't members of a church don't have to pay, prompting many to leave their churches.

Real fact and answer:
Peter Bodo(Tennis Magazine Interview in 2000) : Do you believe in God?
Steffi Graf:Yes.I pray every night.But I did have a disillusioning experience when I was 18.One of my sponsors gave the (Catholic) church a car so they could get an audience with the Pope.So we went to the Vatican.They put all the people who were going to meet the pope in different rooms,and he went from one of them to the other,reading words off a piece of paper.
There was nothing about religion coming across,other than how much the church appreciated the donation and how important it was for the church and business to work together.I was surprised and I was disappointed
;I expected something coming from the heart.
"Steffi is the best all around player of all-time, regardless of surfaces" : Martina Navratilova
Old Oct 2nd, 2010, 11:17 AM   #1182
country flag Seleção82

Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by R-K-M View Post
Critic (from 1998):Tennis player Steffi Graf says she quit the Roman Catholic Church for "personal reasons." But others say that she could have been one of the thousands of Germans who have left their churches to save on taxes. Since the days of the Weimar Republic, Germany has collected a tax from members of organized religion to fund those churches. Only members of unrecognized faiths, such as Islam or Scientology, are exempt. The tax is now 8 percent or 9 percent of a person's income. But those who aren't members of a church don't have to pay, prompting many to leave their churches.

Real fact and answer:
Peter Bodo(Tennis Magazine Interview in 2000) : Do you believe in God?
Steffi Graf:Yes.I pray every night.But I did have a disillusioning experience when I was 18.One of my sponsors gave the (Catholic) church a car so they could get an audience with the Pope.So we went to the Vatican.They put all the people who were going to meet the pope in different rooms,and he went from one of them to the other,reading words off a piece of paper.
There was nothing about religion coming across,other than how much the church appreciated the donation and how important it was for the church and business to work together.I was surprised and I was disappointed
;I expected something coming from the heart.
Thanks a lot for THAT post, RKM!

It sums her up perfectly I think.
Seleção82 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2nd, 2010, 11:26 AM   #1183
country flag Seleção82

Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by R-K-M View Post

(...)
Bad job on researching information. The church tax is 8% or 9% of the income tax, not of the income. And people with high income have several ways to reduce their church tax debt significantly, down to 2-3% of the income tax.
Seleção82 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2nd, 2010, 12:55 PM   #1184
country flag djul14

I've found it amazing (years ago, while at school, I was young, innocent and everything you know) to hear that actually a church tax does exist in Germany and quite all the sandinavian countries.
Old Oct 2nd, 2010, 01:45 PM   #1185
country flag R-K-M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seleção82 View Post
Thanks a lot for THAT post, RKM!

It sums her up perfectly I think.
you are welcome Seleção82.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seleção82 View Post
Bad job on researching information. The church tax is 8% or 9% of the income tax, not of the income. And people with high income have several ways to reduce their church tax debt significantly, down to 2-3% of the income tax.
Ok,i just copied that text form this link:http://reason.com/archives/1998/02/01/brickbats
and offcourse it doesn't matter.Thanks for inform that error.

BTW, i completed my MBA and i have an exam tomorrow,i just came here in relaxation and i remember how Steffi commits for her tennis matches and for everything she do. I want to crack tommorows exam.

Have a nice sleep,Bye.