Steffi Graf Admiration Thread Vol 2 - Page 61 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 28th, 2010, 05:53 PM   #901
country flag Stef-fan

Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all
Re: Steffi Graf Admiration Thread Vol 2

Even Agassi hits with the male players training at the Addidas camp but not sure if Steffi and Agassi are officially involved though. Since Addidas sponsors Agassi's school and Gill and Cahill are involved as well, they don't mind spending some time with the players.
Stef-fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 28th, 2010, 07:25 PM   #902
country flag bia

bia is a glorious beacon of light bia is a glorious beacon of light bia is a glorious beacon of light bia is a glorious beacon of light bia is a glorious beacon of light bia is a glorious beacon of light bia is a glorious beacon of light bia is a glorious beacon of light bia is a glorious beacon of light bia is a glorious beacon of light bia is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by irma View Post
Of course. The Americans have no right to claim her
They just wish she was american. In that case we would not have any discussions about who is the GOAT.
bia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29th, 2010, 09:53 AM   #903
country flag tennisfan2808

tennisfan2808 is a name known to all tennisfan2808 is a name known to all tennisfan2808 is a name known to all tennisfan2808 is a name known to all tennisfan2808 is a name known to all tennisfan2808 is a name known to all tennisfan2808 is a name known to all tennisfan2808 is a name known to all tennisfan2808 is a name known to all tennisfan2808 is a name known to all tennisfan2808 is a name known to all

[quote=djul14;18223679]No, she can't, tennis player or not, she is not American ! Half French if you're insisting

Hahaha.... that is so funny! i burst out laughing after I read that. But Steffi did say she felt French before...
tennisfan2808 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29th, 2010, 01:17 PM   #904
country flag dolldot2

dolldot2 is just really nice dolldot2 is just really nice dolldot2 is just really nice dolldot2 is just really nice dolldot2 is just really nice dolldot2 is just really nice dolldot2 is just really nice dolldot2 is just really nice dolldot2 is just really nice dolldot2 is just really nice dolldot2 is just really nice

Loads of nice photos I have never seen before on

Newscom.com

I can't seen any more interviews in relation to the CNN one I taught they had invited loads of media worldwide and all we got was a poxy 2 minute interview from CNN.
dolldot2 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29th, 2010, 02:16 PM   #905
country flag XTN

XTN is a glorious beacon of light XTN is a glorious beacon of light XTN is a glorious beacon of light XTN is a glorious beacon of light XTN is a glorious beacon of light XTN is a glorious beacon of light XTN is a glorious beacon of light XTN is a glorious beacon of light XTN is a glorious beacon of light XTN is a glorious beacon of light XTN is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by djul14 View Post
Q : You played during an amazing era… who was your toughest opponent?
JW: Steffi Graf, for sure, was the best player of that time. I think I had a very good rivalry with Steffi and enjoyed our matches. I mean, I never beat her, but I knew what she was doing! (thank god you knew) Whereas against someone like Martina Navratilova… I could have never gotten a set off her. It's strange, I played Gaby Sabatini only once or twice, but I played Jana Novotna a lot. I got to play Chris Evert and was still around when Venus was just coming through.
But that's really the thing about Steffi isn't it? Everyone knows how to beat her - attack the backhand - and yet even the highest quality players were never able to do it consistently enough. (Save for Sabatini in the early 90s of course...) The fact that she is supposed to have this glaring weakness yet no one could exploit it consistently enough to beat Steffi often is a testament to her amazing competitive skill and championship mentality!
XTN is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29th, 2010, 02:17 PM   #906
country flag XTN

XTN is a glorious beacon of light XTN is a glorious beacon of light XTN is a glorious beacon of light XTN is a glorious beacon of light XTN is a glorious beacon of light XTN is a glorious beacon of light XTN is a glorious beacon of light XTN is a glorious beacon of light XTN is a glorious beacon of light XTN is a glorious beacon of light XTN is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by bia View Post
They just wish she was american. In that case we would not have any discussions about who is the GOAT.
hahaha true true
XTN is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29th, 2010, 02:42 PM   #907
country flag irma

irma has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by XTN View Post
But that's really the thing about Steffi isn't it? Everyone knows how to beat her - attack the backhand - and yet even the highest quality players were never able to do it consistently enough. (Save for Sabatini in the early 90s of course...) The fact that she is supposed to have this glaring weakness yet no one could exploit it consistently enough to beat Steffi often is a testament to her amazing competitive skill and championship mentality!
That's why wimbledon 1991 is her most underrated victory. Probably the most underrated win in tennishistory.
To the river so deep
We all end in the ocean
We all start in the streams
We're all carried along
By the river of dreams
In the middle of the night
irma is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29th, 2010, 04:41 PM   #908
country flag djul14

djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by XTN View Post
Can't agree more. That's why I laughed by reading Wiesner statement.

I don't know what the others think, but I personally think and already said that this 1991 Wimbledon Win was soooooooooo important, I think we even already discussed it here
djul14 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29th, 2010, 06:40 PM   #909
country flag Stef-fan

Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all

Where do they expect Steffi to be if not at home ???
http://www.matchroom.asia/lawn-games...nis-match.html
Old Jul 29th, 2010, 11:54 PM   #910
country flag jjg

jjg is an unknown quantity at this point

According to Andre's latest blog, they were all there. He said "Stefanie and the kids basked in the cool California weather for a few days, and the match raised about a quarter of a million dollars for our kids at Agassi Prep. Now that's what I call a perfect weekend."
jjg is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30th, 2010, 12:00 AM   #911
country flag Stef-fan

I have read that too, may be he was joking when he said she was in Vegas.
Old Jul 30th, 2010, 05:39 PM   #912
country flag djul14

djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all

Perhaps she was there but didn't care watching McEnroe
djul14 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30th, 2010, 06:44 PM   #913
country flag dolldot2

dolldot2 is just really nice dolldot2 is just really nice dolldot2 is just really nice dolldot2 is just really nice dolldot2 is just really nice dolldot2 is just really nice dolldot2 is just really nice dolldot2 is just really nice dolldot2 is just really nice dolldot2 is just really nice dolldot2 is just really nice

Ladies proof Steffi was with Andre. ( ha ha this little smilie looks like Andre)

New post on his blog

'Where's My Racquet?'
Posted 28th July 2010

When I was playing professional tennis, there were a few tournaments that stood out from the rest. The right combination of fans, the surface of the court, the staff, and the city where we would camp for the week, always made the tournament at UCLA one of my favorites. On July 24th I was fortunate enough to go back to UCLA and play a Saturday night match against John McEnroe. The stadium was packed to watch two old guys run and gun and battle it out. However, we weren’t settling old scores, we were raising money for the Agassi Foundation.

It was a light hearted night, beginning with a doubles match that pitted Jim Courier and Jon Lovitz against Gavin Rossdale and Michael Chang. All four wore mic's and the banter alone was priceless. In our singles match, I had a blast pulling old shots out of my playbook, and the crowd ate it up when they saw flashes of Johnny Mac's trusty temper.

Stefanie and the kids basked in the cool California weather for a few days, and the match raised about a quarter of a million dollars for our kids at Agassi Prep. Now that's what I call a perfect weekend.

Farmers classic
dolldot2 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2nd, 2010, 12:03 PM   #914
country flag R-K-M

R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future

Check her site.Steffi Graf wrote new post about her summer in her home country,Germany. Link: http://steffi-graf.net/en/my-summer-in-germany/
"She's one of the greatest players, maybe even greatest" : Richard Krajicek
"Steffi is the best all around player of all-time, regardless of surfaces" : Martina Navratilova
"Steffi is definitely the greatest singles player ever" : Billie Jean King
R-K-M is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2nd, 2010, 06:28 PM   #915
country flag camilia

camilia has much to be proud of camilia has much to be proud of camilia has much to be proud of camilia has much to be proud of camilia has much to be proud of camilia has much to be proud of camilia has much to be proud of camilia has much to be proud of camilia has much to be proud of camilia has much to be proud of camilia has much to be proud of

Her post brought back world cup memories, I was so sad their great performance didn't result in the title too still proud of them though!

How is everybody? Long time no see again
camilia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote