Steffi Graf Admiration Thread Vol 2 - Page 50 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 24th, 2010, 09:25 AM   #736
country flag R-K-M

R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future
Re: Steffi Graf Admiration Thread Vol 2

No one noticed,so that i am posting here again.The site http://sgtribute.blogspot.com has been redesigned. Visit and tell your expressions. And also SIGN in GUEST BOOK.
"She's one of the greatest players, may be even greatest" - Richard Krajicek
"Steffi is the best all around player of all-time, regardless of surfaces" - Martina Navratilova
"Steffi is definitely the greatest singles player ever" - Billie Jean King
R-K-M is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 24th, 2010, 10:18 AM   #737
country flag Lynz

Lynz is just really nice Lynz is just really nice Lynz is just really nice Lynz is just really nice Lynz is just really nice Lynz is just really nice Lynz is just really nice Lynz is just really nice Lynz is just really nice Lynz is just really nice Lynz is just really nice

I actually heard about the Mahut/Isner marathon on the radio. Where I live someone talking about tennis on the radio is rare these days. The only thing Ive heard tennis related all year was on Steffi's birthday. A very popular local talk program gave a shout out to her this year on her birthday which they always do. But that's about it. I'm not talking about sports radio, they give a few seconds but only during a major.

I guess the guy with the best massage therapist will win. Because they are going to be stiff and sore. The only good thing I can see for these guys is they were playing on grass and not hard court. Just thinking about their marathon played on hard courts makes me wince.
When I played juniors, I had a four hour match once on hard courts, afterwards even though I was a teenager and fit,I felt beaten up,or like being runover by a truck. I went back to my room and just packed myself with ice, but the next morning I was so stiff and sore I couldn't move. In my twenties I played a 4 and a half hour match on clay. The next day I was tired but I didn't feel run over.
But I do remember being so mentally fried after the match so tired that I got lost on my way home, and it was a local tourney in my hometown.
Yeah , they are well conditioned professional athletes, but not robots.For those men to play at such a high level, with so much effort and intensity for that long,just incredible. And its not over. whew. It will be fascinating to see how they play when they resume. I've tried to analyze who I think will come back fresher and win it. But I have no idea.

Btw, thanks RKM for the compliment.

Anyone seen anything about this. If its true how goofy is this.On twitter: from an angry tweeter illadelph610:Cant believe Steffi Graf got denied entrance to Wimbledon because of lack of credentials.WTF!Steffi won some5/6 Wimbledons titles,not enuf?

What happened? Security didnt know who she was?
A few months ago on Steffi's blog someone in Grapevine, Tx wrote: "I could have sworn I saw you walking through downtown Grapevine. Was that really you...." Steffi replied that it was her and explained why she was there.
Grapevine is a small town north of Dallas,Tx which I had never heard of even though I've been to Texas a dozen times. If she's recognized in Grapevine, surely she has to be recognized in Wimbledon at the All England Club.

Or maybe the individual was just being a twit. Recognized her but followed the letter of the regulation not the purpose of it. Silly git.

To borrow a saying which means to use common sense: If it walks like a duck,quacks like a duck, has feathers like a duck,it's a duck,and a duck doesn't need papers to pass to the pond.

So if Steffi Graf shows up at Wimbledon,and you know it's her. Let her in!
Lynz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24th, 2010, 10:32 AM   #738
country flag R-K-M

R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future

I just saw that tweet,but when this happened? And she was the most favourite tennis player from 90's. About present security issue was really happened,then may be rules make him to do like that.
"Steffi is the best all around player of all-time, regardless of surfaces" - Martina Navratilova

Last edited by R-K-M : May 7th, 2012 at 09:03 AM.
Old Jun 24th, 2010, 11:14 AM   #739
country flag Jessyka

Jessyka is a glorious beacon of light Jessyka is a glorious beacon of light Jessyka is a glorious beacon of light Jessyka is a glorious beacon of light Jessyka is a glorious beacon of light Jessyka is a glorious beacon of light Jessyka is a glorious beacon of light Jessyka is a glorious beacon of light Jessyka is a glorious beacon of light Jessyka is a glorious beacon of light Jessyka is a glorious beacon of light

Welcome, Smithee!

R-K-M, the site looks good.
Old Jun 24th, 2010, 11:29 AM   #740
country flag Lynz

Lynz is just really nice Lynz is just really nice Lynz is just really nice Lynz is just really nice Lynz is just really nice Lynz is just really nice Lynz is just really nice Lynz is just really nice Lynz is just really nice Lynz is just really nice Lynz is just really nice

I don't know when it happened and I can't confirm yet anywhere else that it did really happen.
Yes, he's following the rules, but if he's aware of who she is, and he should be,she was there last year, I would think he should ring a supervisor or someone in the club if he didn't have authority to let someone in without a pass. She is also of course a member of the club. Seems a bit daft of him not to that if it did indeed happened.
Boris Becker was denied entry once and he was playing in the tourney. Which also seemed silly to me at the time.
I signed in and commented in the guest book. But, yes, looks good.
Old Jun 24th, 2010, 11:38 AM   #741
country flag Lynz

Hey Smithee, welcome.
Old Jun 24th, 2010, 11:56 AM   #742
juliehardwick

juliehardwick has disabled reputation

Darren Cahill said on ESPN yesterday that she was there with the kids - tried to go early but was denied entry because they had some super security in place due to the queen's visit today. He said she took the kids over the road to play at the park while they waited for that to be sorted out, and then they came on in. No drama and I'm sure the W people were very nice about it. She kept them well out of the way of media etc apparently as I don't see any shots of them on tv or photos and I watched a lot yesterday due to the Isner-Mahut marathon!
juliehardwick is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24th, 2010, 04:03 PM   #743
country flag irma

irma has disabled reputation

But where does the story comes from that Steffi doesn't have enough credentials to go into wimbledon? I thought you already become a clumember when you reach one quaterfinal?
To the river so deep
We all end in the ocean
We all start in the streams
We're all carried along
By the river of dreams
In the middle of the night
irma is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24th, 2010, 04:15 PM   #744
country flag R-K-M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynz View Post
I don't know when it happened and I can't confirm yet anywhere else that it did really happen.
Yes, he's following the rules, but if he's aware of who she is, and he should be,she was there last year, I would think he should ring a supervisor or someone in the club if he didn't have authority to let someone in without a pass. She is also of course a member of the club. Seems a bit daft of him not to that if it did indeed happened.
Boris Becker was denied entry once and he was playing in the tourney. Which also seemed silly to me at the time.
I signed in and commented in the guest book. But, yes, looks good.
Thankyou also write your message to Graf.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessyka View Post
Welcome, Smithee!

R-K-M, the site looks good.
Thanks and keep up the site and leave a tribute to Graf and sign in guest book. Thanking you, Welcome smithee,
Old Jun 24th, 2010, 04:36 PM   #745
juliehardwick

juliehardwick has disabled reputation

Irma, Cahill said they were doing extra security yesterday getting ready for the queen so I presume she had the credentials she usually uses for early entry but it wasn't enough yesterday due to the special precautions - and they seem to have sorted it out pretty quickly, no doubt as soon as the supervisor got involved.
juliehardwick is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24th, 2010, 05:14 PM   #746
country flag irma

irma has disabled reputation

I guess and for some reason Steffi doesn't seem the type to tell the officers "Don't you who I am. I have 8 wimbledon titles"
To the river so deep
We all end in the ocean
We all start in the streams
We're all carried along
By the river of dreams
In the middle of the night
irma is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24th, 2010, 05:29 PM   #747
country flag bia

bia is a glorious beacon of light bia is a glorious beacon of light bia is a glorious beacon of light bia is a glorious beacon of light bia is a glorious beacon of light bia is a glorious beacon of light bia is a glorious beacon of light bia is a glorious beacon of light bia is a glorious beacon of light bia is a glorious beacon of light bia is a glorious beacon of light

At first I didn't believe this news, but if Cahill said that, it must be true. Anyway, it seems she didn't have any problem with that. I think it's great that she went there with the kids and managed to do it almost anonimously. It surprise me though that noone noticed it, I haven't read anything if not some people's tweets. I think it's because she didn't make a fuss of it.
bia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24th, 2010, 05:31 PM   #748
country flag bia

bia is a glorious beacon of light bia is a glorious beacon of light bia is a glorious beacon of light bia is a glorious beacon of light bia is a glorious beacon of light bia is a glorious beacon of light bia is a glorious beacon of light bia is a glorious beacon of light bia is a glorious beacon of light bia is a glorious beacon of light bia is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by irma View Post
I guess and for some reason Steffi doesn't seem the type to tell the officers "Don't you who I am. I have 8 wimbledon titles"
I was about to write the same thing you just wrote. Completely agree. I just can't imagine the scene with some other players.
bia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24th, 2010, 08:22 PM   #749
country flag tanaja

tanaja is just really nice tanaja is just really nice tanaja is just really nice tanaja is just really nice tanaja is just really nice tanaja is just really nice tanaja is just really nice tanaja is just really nice tanaja is just really nice tanaja is just really nice tanaja is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by bia View Post
I was about to write the same thing you just wrote. Completely agree. I just can't imagine the scene with some other players.
Was Andre not with her? And was he with her in England?
I think, they would let them enter, if he was with her though.

Last edited by tanaja : Jun 24th, 2010 at 08:37 PM.
tanaja is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24th, 2010, 09:59 PM   #750
country flag djul14

djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all

But lol ^^ do you seriously think for one sec that they didn't recognize her ?? It was only about security.
Even active palyers, Nadal or Federer are asked after their badges/accreditations during tournaments. Here in France, Zidane get asked for his ID card while he wanted to enter the Stade de France
djul14 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote