Steffi Graf Admiration Thread Vol 2 - Page 47 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 18th, 2010, 04:57 AM   #691
country flag 4times

4times is just really nice 4times is just really nice 4times is just really nice 4times is just really nice 4times is just really nice 4times is just really nice 4times is just really nice 4times is just really nice 4times is just really nice 4times is just really nice 4times is just really nice
Re: Steffi Graf Admiration Thread Vol 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynz View Post
I think also though it is the verbal receptive attention spans of the male gender may have something to do with that.

An example:Me: Honey, we need hand soap.
Hubby: What kind?
Me: Dial is good.Not dishwashing hand soap,
or automatic dishwashing soap, get the liquid hand soap.
He comes back with Hand dishwashing soap.
Me: Why did you buy this?
Hubby: They didn't have Dial dishwashing soap.
Hubby: Do they make that?
My fault ,I should have known , too much info for his verbal receptors.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seleção82 View Post
Because there is no such thing as nagging husbands. It's always the ladies who cause the frictions because they never say clearly what they want. And in the end they even start nagging on the poor guys then

A typical example:

SHE: Honey, we have no bread, could you go to the supermarket
and get us bread? And if they have eggs, bring 6 pieces.

HE: Sure Honey, I'll do!

After a short time he comes back, carrying 6 loaves of bread.

SHE: Why on earth did you buy six loaves of bread?!??

HE: They had eggs.

See what I mean?? One thing is for sure ... HE has done everything right ...

Okej, where's the exit?? *search search* ... ah, THERE ...
4times is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 18th, 2010, 05:01 AM   #692
country flag 4times

4times is just really nice 4times is just really nice 4times is just really nice 4times is just really nice 4times is just really nice 4times is just really nice 4times is just really nice 4times is just really nice 4times is just really nice 4times is just really nice 4times is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynz View Post
It could a challenger format too. Like when Bode Miller played Steffi at kids day at the U.S. open.( Playing against different celebs like that.) I didn't see it and I have found no video on the internet of that. But when it was announced that Bode Miller would compete in the USTA open series events( a series of tourney's open to the public with the winner getting a slot in the US Open) a number of people who said they saw that exo posted that Bode should stick to sking since apparently in one poster's terms "Steffi cleaned his clock",(that means,it wasn't close, shall we say).
What year was this?
4times is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18th, 2010, 09:33 AM   #693
country flag djul14

djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4times View Post
What year was this?
2006 Arthur Ashe Kid's Day
djul14 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19th, 2010, 03:53 AM   #694
country flag Stef-fan

Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all

Nice tribute to Steffi
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWzdZ...eature=related
Stef-fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19th, 2010, 05:22 PM   #695
country flag Lynz

Lynz is just really nice Lynz is just really nice Lynz is just really nice Lynz is just really nice Lynz is just really nice Lynz is just really nice Lynz is just really nice Lynz is just really nice Lynz is just really nice Lynz is just really nice Lynz is just really nice

Thanks for the link, Stef-fan, I need cheering up today. I'm still seething over the U.S. being robbed of a win in World Cup yesterday.
Lynz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20th, 2010, 02:33 PM   #696
country flag tennisfan2808

tennisfan2808 is a name known to all tennisfan2808 is a name known to all tennisfan2808 is a name known to all tennisfan2808 is a name known to all tennisfan2808 is a name known to all tennisfan2808 is a name known to all tennisfan2808 is a name known to all tennisfan2808 is a name known to all tennisfan2808 is a name known to all tennisfan2808 is a name known to all tennisfan2808 is a name known to all

Not sure if you guys have seen this super short clip of Stef in 1984:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOzBs...eature=related

The way she answered the question was spot on, but there was no arrogance about it at all. Bravo Steffi, even at the age of 15!!!
tennisfan2808 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20th, 2010, 02:39 PM   #697
country flag blauundweiss

blauundweiss is an unknown quantity at this point

What a cute video! Thank you.
blauundweiss is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20th, 2010, 03:19 PM   #698
country flag djul14

djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all

welcome blauundweiss
Are you a Schalke04 fan ?

Speaking about "football", France officially became an unreal, shameful, and hopeless team. We knew before the WC that we wern't going to win it, but THIS.
Totally disgusted to the end by THIS team, especially some players, we've never seen that.

Shame World Champions

Last edited by djul14 : Jun 20th, 2010 at 03:25 PM.
Old Jun 20th, 2010, 03:52 PM   #699
country flag Jessyka

Jessyka is a glorious beacon of light Jessyka is a glorious beacon of light Jessyka is a glorious beacon of light Jessyka is a glorious beacon of light Jessyka is a glorious beacon of light Jessyka is a glorious beacon of light Jessyka is a glorious beacon of light Jessyka is a glorious beacon of light Jessyka is a glorious beacon of light Jessyka is a glorious beacon of light Jessyka is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennisfan2808 View Post
Not sure if you guys have seen this super short clip of Stef in 1984:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOzBs...eature=related

The way she answered the question was spot on, but there was no arrogance about it at all. Bravo Steffi, even at the age of 15!!!
I LOVE that!
Old Jun 20th, 2010, 04:22 PM   #700
country flag Lynz

Lynz is just really nice Lynz is just really nice Lynz is just really nice Lynz is just really nice Lynz is just really nice Lynz is just really nice Lynz is just really nice Lynz is just really nice Lynz is just really nice Lynz is just really nice Lynz is just really nice

I remember a post match presser in English. I don't remember what tourney, or the year, but what I do remember is a kind of disconnect between Steffi and the press and it went about like this.
Press: Why do you think you can become No1.
Steffi: Why couldn't I?
Press: No, no,you don't understand what makes you think you can become No.1
Steffi: Yes, I understand, but, why couldn't I become No.1
It went on back and forth, back and forth , just like that for quite a while until Peter Graf finally stepped in and asked the press guy, What are you doing, why do you do this?
That was the end of the presser.
The reason that I remember this is it really showed an insight into Steffi's mentality early on and I was impressed with that mentality. It also showed some early awareness on her part of what some in the press liked to do, which was to start little controversies what Becker termed as "little wars" between players.
Now, there was one presser that she did try to explain Why? I don't know for sure if it was before.
That went on like this.
Steffi: I work very hard.
Press: Don't all players work hard.
Steffi: Yeah, we are all trying out there.
Press: But you think you work harder than the rest.
Steffi: I don't know what they do, I know what I do.
Press: Martina and Chris. Why do you think you can challenge them.
Steff: I am young and just coming on and Chris is...
Press: So you think they are old? And there time is over.
Steffi: No. They are still great players. I just think my time will come.
What did the some of the press do.
they went to other players,
Steffi recently said, that she works very hard and wonders how hard others do. What do you think of that? and
Steffi recently suggested that you (Martina) and Chris were old and thinks that your time of dominance will soon be over. Care to comment?
Of course they all commented.
This is one of the reasons later in her career why I think in a presser when Steffi was asked about ten times by the press the same question. She finally said, you can ask the same question in different ways but my answer will not change. I know what you want to hear, and I am not going to give you what you want. A journalist responded, Oh , don't be that way.
Steffi: don't be that way?, what way? how am I being? Silence. I always wished someone had shouted, "honest" but noone did.
I remember thinking after seeing or reading even her early press conferences.
"this kid is smart,confident in her abiliities,honest, thoughtful, and has repect for others, man, she is going to have a hard time with the press"
Old Jun 20th, 2010, 05:26 PM   #701
country flag Lynz

djul14, I sympathize with your feeling of disgust. I share this feeling, but the reason for my disgust is different. I am so proud of our players and their effort and heart in the last match, actually, throughout this W.C. trying their absolute best, only to feel after the last match, as some on the team said, "gutted", their hearts ripped out. This team has down everything they could possible do to earn respect in the football world. Only to be shown none in return. To have that brillant comeback taken away,only on what can in the most polite terms be a "make up" call. A make up call is the kindest view I
can give, a make up call in that the ref maybe doubted an earlier call he had made, and assumed in the commotion in front of the net there had to be some U.S. penalty committed,blew the whistle, and gave the ball to Slovenia, unfortunately for him there was not any U.S. infractions, only Slovenian fouls, and hence the disgust. Against FIFA providing this incompetent ,inexperienced official. Against this official who was absolutely hopelessly lost.
This is the best team that the U.S. has ever sent to the W.C., and many of us were hoping that this team would break through and earn some respect in the world. What have they got for their effort,a big ..., well the word starts with f in return.
I can assure you the tie doesn't feel like a tie, it feels like a loss, among fans and I have to think among the team. I only hope they can recover in time for Algeria, I don't think they will, I think they'll be gone.
So djul14, what's worse?, I don't know, but the disgust is the same.
Old Jun 20th, 2010, 05:57 PM   #702
country flag djul14

I was gutted too for USA !!! I screamed (of happiness) at my tv when they scored the 3rd goal. I was jealous too, because THIS team has heart, fighting spirit, team spirit and will, they deserved to win so much, but the referee, well I still didn't understand his decision, there is absolutly no explanations to it.

Sorry for the soccer interlude, lol.

Thanks fot the interview above, I remember reading the first one with her dad interupting. And i love this
Quote:
I remember thinking after seeing or reading even her early press conferences.
"this kid is smart,confident in her abiliities,honest, thoughtful, and has repect for others, man, she is going to have a hard time with the press"
Old Jun 20th, 2010, 08:37 PM   #703
country flag blauundweiss

blauundweiss is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by djul14 View Post
welcome blauundweiss
Are you a Schalke04 fan ?

Speaking about "football", France officially became an unreal, shameful, and hopeless team. We knew before the WC that we wern't going to win it, but THIS.
Totally disgusted to the end by THIS team, especially some players, we've never seen that.

Shame World Champions

Thank you for the welcome!
Ach! Nooooooo to Schalke04. Blauundweiss is toward RC Strasbourg and the beginning colors of FC Bayern. But naturally I prefer the team from my Heimat in the mountains.
blauundweiss is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21st, 2010, 01:45 PM   #704
country flag tanaja

tanaja is just really nice tanaja is just really nice tanaja is just really nice tanaja is just really nice tanaja is just really nice tanaja is just really nice tanaja is just really nice tanaja is just really nice tanaja is just really nice tanaja is just really nice tanaja is just really nice

Steffi's interview in France-Soir (for the first time she answered a question about Open):

http://www.francesoir.fr/tennis/stef...elles-leur-jeu

Btw, my French is not good enough to translate an article.
tanaja is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21st, 2010, 01:52 PM   #705
country flag djul14

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanaja View Post
Steffi's interview in France-Soir (for the first time she answered a question about Open):

http://www.francesoir.fr/tennis/stef...elles-leur-jeu

Btw, my French is not good enough to translate an article.
How did I miss this one ? Oh yeah I don't read France Soir
I will TRY to translate it for you, as my French is perfect, but my English...