Steffi Graf Admiration Thread Vol 2 - Page 42 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 11th, 2010, 08:40 PM   #616
country flag Lynz

Lynz is just really nice Lynz is just really nice Lynz is just really nice Lynz is just really nice Lynz is just really nice Lynz is just really nice Lynz is just really nice Lynz is just really nice Lynz is just really nice Lynz is just really nice Lynz is just really nice
Re: Steffi Graf Admiration Thread Vol 2

Thanks for the pics steffiandbibi.
Btw, has anyone entered the Head contest?I entered. Go to http://www.head.com/stars, then pick a language. You will see four short films. Fill in the obvious clues.
Even if you don't want to enter the films are definitely worth a look, that drop shot Steffi hit shows she still has the touch. That placement is a tough angle.
When I have time, I'm going to demo a couple of these rackets. I am curious how they are going to hit.
I demoed a couple of the Head Steffi designed women rackets last year, and gave a couple to some of my friends to try, and I saw an immediate improvement in their games. I didn't part with my Babs but the 110 especially is a very playable racket, good pop, and control. I'm just not used to playing with a 110.
I used to play with Prince, demoed the Wilson's widebodies when they were so popular, they felt like i was swinging a board in my hand.( Worst thing in my opinion to happen to tennis is that racket. I think that's why the Williams sisters never developed really good technique 'cause they learned to play with the widebodies.)
Ok, now I'm just rambling, sorry.
Lynz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 11th, 2010, 09:00 PM   #617
country flag Seleção82

Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by djul14 View Post
Seleçao : You know why I picked England, because they have talented players (as they still do) AND this time they have an Italian coach, who knows about defending and tactis
I get your point, but if that will be enough to be a serious contenter for the title I doubt. But we will see.
Seleção82 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11th, 2010, 09:38 PM   #618
country flag Jessyka

Jessyka is a glorious beacon of light Jessyka is a glorious beacon of light Jessyka is a glorious beacon of light Jessyka is a glorious beacon of light Jessyka is a glorious beacon of light Jessyka is a glorious beacon of light Jessyka is a glorious beacon of light Jessyka is a glorious beacon of light Jessyka is a glorious beacon of light Jessyka is a glorious beacon of light Jessyka is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seleção82 View Post
And if someone cares ... my pick is ... The Seleção (surprise surprise )
Old Jun 11th, 2010, 09:59 PM   #619
country flag Lynz

Lynz is just really nice Lynz is just really nice Lynz is just really nice Lynz is just really nice Lynz is just really nice Lynz is just really nice Lynz is just really nice Lynz is just really nice Lynz is just really nice Lynz is just really nice Lynz is just really nice

Bia, I was a photographer for many years. I worked for a magazine locally. But I used to string for a number of publications some of them tennis. I used to work some of the virginia slims events back well when it was the virginia slims tour. It wasn't that hard to get press creds for those tourneys back then, but after awhile any event Steffi played in it became harder for us stringers to get press creds because of the number of press apps a tourney received.
But the only tourney that I applied to that I couldn't get in was the old Lipton. One year a friend of mine applied to the Lipton or Key Bicayne, and got her creds. I had really waited too late trying to decide if I could justify making the trek to Miami. Then I thought, well, she got hers, we can share expenses, ok, I"ll try. So I called the press desk and told them who I was and before I could tell them who I worked for. They said wait, let me get Butch. I thought what? Then I realized that they thought I was somone else and I knew who they thought I was. Butch Buchholz gets on the line and he is hey how are you doing, ya de ya. I said, um.Mr. Buchholz I think there's been a misunderstanding. I'm not such and such. Let's just say he wasn't too happy.It really wasn't my fault, but I got the definite impression he thought it was. I called back my friend and told her you have go alone, I accidentally ticked off the tourney founder, and I don't think I'll be getting any creds for that one and I didn't.
So long story short I did it parttime, if I could get creds I worked it, if not I didn't. Because of personal commitments I coudn't follow the tour full time.
But a tennis buddy of mine did manage to make a very nice career for herself, and followed the tour full time. She became a terrific photog and covered all the majors as well. She was a bit of a Graf fan before she followed the tour but became a huge fan, after meeting and working with Steffi.
I guess basically I am something of a tennis nut, I teach, I play and when I had the opportunity I covered the sport.
Old Jun 12th, 2010, 06:20 AM   #620
country flag grafan92

grafan92 is a splendid one to behold grafan92 is a splendid one to behold grafan92 is a splendid one to behold grafan92 is a splendid one to behold grafan92 is a splendid one to behold grafan92 is a splendid one to behold grafan92 is a splendid one to behold grafan92 is a splendid one to behold grafan92 is a splendid one to behold grafan92 is a splendid one to behold grafan92 is a splendid one to behold

Has anyone seen any articles or pictures of the Longines dinner in Paris this year?

There are some articles doing the rounds that Aishwarya Rai (Indian Actress and Longines Ambassador) was at the dinner with Mary Pierce and Steffi.

http://www.dnaindia.com/entertainmen...pierce_1394733
grafan92 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12th, 2010, 09:43 AM   #621
country flag bia

bia is a glorious beacon of light bia is a glorious beacon of light bia is a glorious beacon of light bia is a glorious beacon of light bia is a glorious beacon of light bia is a glorious beacon of light bia is a glorious beacon of light bia is a glorious beacon of light bia is a glorious beacon of light bia is a glorious beacon of light bia is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynz View Post
Bia, I was a photographer for many years. I worked for a magazine locally. But I used to string for a number of publications some of them tennis. I used to work some of the virginia slims events back well when it was the virginia slims tour. It wasn't that hard to get press creds for those tourneys back then, but after awhile any event Steffi played in it became harder for us stringers to get press creds because of the number of press apps a tourney received.
But the only tourney that I applied to that I couldn't get in was the old Lipton. One year a friend of mine applied to the Lipton or Key Bicayne, and got her creds. I had really waited too late trying to decide if I could justify making the trek to Miami. Then I thought, well, she got hers, we can share expenses, ok, I"ll try. So I called the press desk and told them who I was and before I could tell them who I worked for. They said wait, let me get Butch. I thought what? Then I realized that they thought I was somone else and I knew who they thought I was. Butch Buchholz gets on the line and he is hey how are you doing, ya de ya. I said, um.Mr. Buchholz I think there's been a misunderstanding. I'm not such and such. Let's just say he wasn't too happy.It really wasn't my fault, but I got the definite impression he thought it was. I called back my friend and told her you have go alone, I accidentally ticked off the tourney founder, and I don't think I'll be getting any creds for that one and I didn't.
So long story short I did it parttime, if I could get creds I worked it, if not I didn't. Because of personal commitments I coudn't follow the tour full time.
But a tennis buddy of mine did manage to make a very nice career for herself, and followed the tour full time. She became a terrific photog and covered all the majors as well. She was a bit of a Graf fan before she followed the tour but became a huge fan, after meeting and working with Steffi.
I guess basically I am something of a tennis nut, I teach, I play and when I had the opportunity I covered the sport.
Thank you very much.
Quote:
Originally Posted by grafan92 View Post
Has anyone seen any articles or pictures of the Longines dinner in Paris this year?

There are some articles doing the rounds that Aishwarya Rai (Indian Actress and Longines Ambassador) was at the dinner with Mary Pierce and Steffi.

http://www.dnaindia.com/entertainmen...pierce_1394733
I 've read that, but I doubt Steffi was in Paris during the French Open. I need to see pics to really believe it.
bia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12th, 2010, 01:35 PM   #622
country flag Lynz

I read somewhere Mary Pierce and Gustavo Guerten were the guests at this year's Longines event at R.G. If Steffi was there we should be seeing some pics , so I have my doubts that she was there as well.
I think Steffi was doing rep work for the World Ice Hockey Championship and that was held in May in Germany.

Last edited by Lynz : Jun 12th, 2010 at 02:32 PM.
Old Jun 12th, 2010, 03:25 PM   #623
country flag Jessyka

Jessyka is a glorious beacon of light Jessyka is a glorious beacon of light Jessyka is a glorious beacon of light Jessyka is a glorious beacon of light Jessyka is a glorious beacon of light Jessyka is a glorious beacon of light Jessyka is a glorious beacon of light Jessyka is a glorious beacon of light Jessyka is a glorious beacon of light Jessyka is a glorious beacon of light Jessyka is a glorious beacon of light

Guga Kuerten receive the Phillipe Chatrier award this year.
Old Jun 12th, 2010, 03:28 PM   #624
country flag djul14

djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all

Pierce and Kuerten were there to play with the kids on saturday on court 7 and at the gala on the evening (as Steffi and Andre did last year actually) and so to collect money for Steffi and Andre's foundations. Pierce explained it.
I just think they can't come to Paris each year to do it, so they "send" other players, everything is still sponsored by Longines and the money goes to their foundations.
djul14 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12th, 2010, 06:28 PM   #625
country flag bia

bia is a glorious beacon of light bia is a glorious beacon of light bia is a glorious beacon of light bia is a glorious beacon of light bia is a glorious beacon of light bia is a glorious beacon of light bia is a glorious beacon of light bia is a glorious beacon of light bia is a glorious beacon of light bia is a glorious beacon of light bia is a glorious beacon of light

Hey jessika, I think you're mentioned on Agassi official site. Look under news coverage. http://www.agassiventures.com/in-the-news/
bia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12th, 2010, 06:55 PM   #626
country flag djul14

djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by bia View Post
Hey jessika, I think you're mentioned on Agassi official site. Look under news coverage. http://www.agassiventures.com/in-the-news/
Yes it's her, "The Forehand", wooohoo, ask for money
djul14 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12th, 2010, 07:03 PM   #627
country flag Seleção82

Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Indeed!! WOW!!!! CONGRATS JESS!! Soooo happy for you!
Seleção82 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12th, 2010, 08:03 PM   #628
country flag Jessyka

OMG!

My little and humble channel mentioned on Andre's official site. What an honor!

Thanks, guys!
Old Jun 13th, 2010, 12:42 PM   #629
country flag camilia

camilia has much to be proud of camilia has much to be proud of camilia has much to be proud of camilia has much to be proud of camilia has much to be proud of camilia has much to be proud of camilia has much to be proud of camilia has much to be proud of camilia has much to be proud of camilia has much to be proud of camilia has much to be proud of

Quote:
France will win the soccer World Cup... I (like the rest of the country) don't even believe it myself

Spain (what a team !) and England are my picks.
Germany is still strong at big events, but winning it I'm doubting.
booooooooooooooo
I'm ok with Spain or England winning if Germany doesn't

Quote:
As always: Camilia shows extremely good taste!

*hmmm* ... it seems that I can not let you alone even for a few hours without you getting weird ideas.

I agree. They are not bad, but unfortunately not good enough to be a contender for the title I'm afraid. But I wouldn't mind to be proved wrong afterwards.

And if someone cares ... my pick is ... The Seleção (surprise surprise )
I'm afraid I have to agree with that! But it isn't over till it's over
camilia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13th, 2010, 01:04 PM   #630
country flag camilia

camilia has much to be proud of camilia has much to be proud of camilia has much to be proud of camilia has much to be proud of camilia has much to be proud of camilia has much to be proud of camilia has much to be proud of camilia has much to be proud of camilia has much to be proud of camilia has much to be proud of camilia has much to be proud of

Quote:
Quote:
Yes it's her, "The Forehand", wooohoo, ask for money
Quote:
Indeed!! WOW!!!! CONGRATS JESS!! Soooo happy for you!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessyka View Post
OMG!

My little and humble channel mentioned on Andre's official site. What an honor!

Thanks, guys!
That's great Jess
Don't be so modest; we all love your channel I sure do and I always leave you nice comments when I remember my password I'm realitybitesu26 or something like that (Don't ask but I keep forgetting it)
camilia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote