Steffi Graf Admiration Thread Vol 2 - Page 23 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 28th, 2010, 01:04 AM   #331
Grafiati

Grafiati is a name known to all Grafiati is a name known to all Grafiati is a name known to all Grafiati is a name known to all Grafiati is a name known to all Grafiati is a name known to all Grafiati is a name known to all Grafiati is a name known to all Grafiati is a name known to all Grafiati is a name known to all Grafiati is a name known to all
Re: Steffi Graf Admiration Thread Vol 2

Just saw the interview after the match and the interviewer said RG was next, so it must have been between Amelia Island (which was mentioned) and RG.
Grafiati is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 28th, 2010, 01:57 AM   #332
country flag Stef-fan

Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all

[quote=juliehardwick;17646160]I doubt she withdrew because of what other people were saying. She wouldn't have played at all the previous so many years if she'd been listening to that... Her physical health re injuries was very precarious by that time. Plus - as Agassi's book showed - so much of what even "reliable" newspapers report is very distorted.

She looks great in the photos from the Majorca shoot Bia posted and can't see any evidence of the upsets reported in the press.

I don't think they've withdrawn since H4H - I think rather the last few months were highly unusual in terms of extensive media visibility related to the book. Most of the three years previously, between his retiring and the book coming out, they popped up in the media very intermittently so I think this is more restoration of the norm.

Agassi spoke at a big all serious power player conference in LA today - I thought interestingly nothing about sport or the book, but all about the challenges of philanthropy in general and his goals in particular - very ambitious. On to the future. Also glowing comments about his wife. I thought he looked better too - losing a bit of the book tour weight finally...
http://www.milkeninstitute.org/event...1&eventid=GC10

Thanks for the link. One common quality of both Agassi and Graf are that they are extremely loyal and so doubt that minor incidents like H4H will have any effect on their relationship. Since the book has been in the making for almost 3 years and given the revelations, they should have been prepared for the media onslaught long time back. Every one close to Agassi knew the contents of the book ahead as well so doubt there was any change in interactions with their close family and friends (Brad Gilbert said that he first knew about the drug use during the first draft which was one year prior to the release).
By the way, Steffi has a new post on her website:
http://steffi-graf.net/en/springtime-fitness/
Stef-fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28th, 2010, 01:59 AM   #333
country flag Stef-fan

Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all

I was trying to reply to Juliehardwick and it showed up as above.
Old Apr 28th, 2010, 02:01 AM   #334
country flag Stef-fan

Based on how she looks, doubt whether she will have any trouble with bikini season as she refers to in her latest post.
Old Apr 28th, 2010, 10:26 AM   #335
country flag bia

bia is a glorious beacon of light bia is a glorious beacon of light bia is a glorious beacon of light bia is a glorious beacon of light bia is a glorious beacon of light bia is a glorious beacon of light bia is a glorious beacon of light bia is a glorious beacon of light bia is a glorious beacon of light bia is a glorious beacon of light bia is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seleção82 View Post
A German article from 1996 which reveals what was going on in the background back then. What the journalists write should always be read with some healthy suspicion, but the article sounds reliable, and that newspaper has not a reputation of being phoney.

The article gives no rock-solid answer to the question whether Steffi withdrew because of her injury or because of other reasons or if it was a mixture of both ... but after reading the article it is clear though I think. A majority of the other athletes and officials were against her as the flag holder because she was considered to be selfish. As often in life, the truth hurts.

Sorry, I have no time for a proper translation. But try the Google translator, it's at least good enough to get a good impression of what the article is about.

http://www.berlinonline.de/berliner-...040/index.html
I wonder if those people are still of the same opinion. It's funny how many germans VIPs are all around her when she is in Germany for something public (rarely). I think everybody would have remembered the german flagholder if it was her. Does anyone remember who was the german flagholder in 1996? She withdrew because was injured, but I think those comments hurted her, she gave so much to her country and that was the answer.
bia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28th, 2010, 11:07 AM   #336
country flag R-K-M

R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future

Yes bia, she gave a lot to her country.when i hear the name germany,my mind automatically remembers some words for germany,they-Hitler,automobiles(Mercedes benz,bmw,opel,porshe..etc),berlin wall eraction,Einstein and Steffi Graf.
"She's one of the greatest players, maybe even greatest" : Richard Krajicek
"Steffi is the best all around player of all-time, regardless of surfaces" : Martina Navratilova
"Steffi is definitely the greatest singles player ever" : Billie Jean King
R-K-M is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28th, 2010, 11:23 AM   #337
country flag steffiandbibi

steffiandbibi is a name known to all steffiandbibi is a name known to all steffiandbibi is a name known to all steffiandbibi is a name known to all steffiandbibi is a name known to all steffiandbibi is a name known to all steffiandbibi is a name known to all steffiandbibi is a name known to all steffiandbibi is a name known to all steffiandbibi is a name known to all steffiandbibi is a name known to all

i just worried that topic might mislead you friends go sad or angry, but happy to see you all stay possitive.

according to the photos posted by bia, and steffi's blog, she seems cheerful these days. The H4H drama is pass.
maybe this shy girl just didint chat with crowds or paparazzi during film the CM. Or really pissed off by her own bad act
Anyway she's known as not that good at public relationship, and not a movie star.
steffiandbibi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28th, 2010, 08:13 PM   #338
country flag Seleção82

Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stef-fan View Post
Thanks for the link. One common quality of both Agassi and Graf are that they are extremely loyal and so doubt that minor incidents like H4H will have any effect on their relationship. Since the book has been in the making for almost 3 years and given the revelations, they should have been prepared for the media onslaught long time back. Every one close to Agassi knew the contents of the book ahead as well so doubt there was any change in interactions with their close family and friends (Brad Gilbert said that he first knew about the drug use during the first draft which was one year prior to the release).
By the way, Steffi has a new post on her website:
http://steffi-graf.net/en/springtime-fitness/
I agree totally here. I also think that their relationship is by far stable enough, so that temporary incidents don't have lasting effects. And even in the best relationship it can't be all the time love, peace, and harmony, that would be highly strange.
Seleção82 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29th, 2010, 12:30 PM   #339
country flag R-K-M

R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stef-fan View Post
Hi everyone, I officially joined the post today but have been following for a long time. I am fan of Steffi, thanks for all the info you have provided. I always liked her tennis and her dignified on court/off court behaviour and missed her playing tennis but never really did much to know about her till I happened to read "OPEN". I found this thread around the same time and have been following since then. I read your posts regularly.
Welcome Stef-fan,i am happy to another fan from my country on this forum.

*This is Volume 2 of Steffi Graf Admiration Thread.
*So, you could read many more previous discussions on Volume 1 .
"Steffi is the best all around player of all-time, regardless of surfaces" : Martina Navratilova

Last edited by R-K-M : Nov 24th, 2011 at 02:24 PM.
Old May 3rd, 2010, 11:30 AM   #340
country flag R-K-M

How are you friends? Its really funny to everybody say 'i'm busy'. Infact,i am very busy with my MBA project ,but i have knowledge to manage time and daily activities.we are not writing new articles or books.5minuts are enough to post a post here.and don't leave GOAT threads,we stop contributing on those type of topics,but we should post there also.other player fans goes like a express while we absent.so,spare some time to the forum.
Old May 3rd, 2010, 11:41 AM   #341
country flag djul14

djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all

Lol RKM.
Sure we have 5mins to post, but if it's just to write "here i am alive" LoL, i sometimes don't even have the time to read all the posts when there are a lot, so that i better wait the week end
djul14 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2010, 08:18 PM   #342
country flag Jessyka

Jessyka is a glorious beacon of light Jessyka is a glorious beacon of light Jessyka is a glorious beacon of light Jessyka is a glorious beacon of light Jessyka is a glorious beacon of light Jessyka is a glorious beacon of light Jessyka is a glorious beacon of light Jessyka is a glorious beacon of light Jessyka is a glorious beacon of light Jessyka is a glorious beacon of light Jessyka is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by djul14 View Post
Lol RKM.
Sure we have 5mins to post, but if it's just to write "here i am alive" LoL, i sometimes don't even have the time to read all the posts when there are a lot, so that i better wait the week end
+1
Old May 4th, 2010, 01:52 AM   #343
country flag R-K-M

Quote:
Originally Posted by djul14 View Post
Lol RKM.
ok,then why don't you post anything last weekend?
Old May 4th, 2010, 08:51 AM   #344
country flag djul14

djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by R-K-M View Post

First even if i don't work doesn't mean i am home with a computer, and then I had nothing new to say.
djul14 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2010, 03:40 PM   #345
country flag Jessyka

Jessyka is a glorious beacon of light Jessyka is a glorious beacon of light Jessyka is a glorious beacon of light Jessyka is a glorious beacon of light Jessyka is a glorious beacon of light Jessyka is a glorious beacon of light Jessyka is a glorious beacon of light Jessyka is a glorious beacon of light Jessyka is a glorious beacon of light Jessyka is a glorious beacon of light Jessyka is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by R-K-M View Post
R-K-M, people post here when they want to. Nobody is obliged to do so. We already have obligations in our lives, in our work, so we're here to have fun. Don't take it too seriously.