Steffi Graf Admiration Thread Vol 2 - Page 21 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 24th, 2010, 03:56 PM   #301
country flag djul14

djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all
Re: Steffi Graf Admiration Thread Vol 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by R-K-M View Post
@djul14,
Could you make more videos on forehands ,service like your previous videos of backhands?
[b]
But there are too much Forehands
At the moment I am really too busy at work, so.
djul14 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 24th, 2010, 04:00 PM   #302
country flag djul14

djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all

And welcome Tanaja

Speaking about backhands, i saw the fed cup match between Malek (Germany) and Rezai (France), and OMG terrible tennis from the german, at the very begining of the match the commentator compared her "sliced" backhand to Steffi's backhand, but after 6 games he laughed, and admitted that it has finally nothing to do with it, it just looked like
Old Apr 24th, 2010, 04:04 PM   #303
country flag Seleção82

Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by djul14 View Post
And welcome Tanaja
+1

Quote:
Speaking about backhands, i saw the fed cup match between Malek (Germany) and Rezai (France), and OMG terrible tennis from the german, at the very begining of the match the commentator compared her "sliced" backhand to Steffi's backhand, but after 6 games he laughed, and admitted that it has finally nothing to do with it, it just looked like
Seleção82 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24th, 2010, 04:52 PM   #304
country flag R-K-M

R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seleção82 View Post
Take your time as you need it, things in real life are more important.

You take your fanship a bit too serious at times. But I have to admit that it is great fun. But the real life has priority though.

ok,thankyou. But how(why) can you say about i'm serious these days at fanship?
"She's one of the greatest players, may be even greatest" - Richard Krajicek
"Steffi is the best all around player of all-time, regardless of surfaces" - Martina Navratilova
"Steffi is definitely the greatest singles player ever" - Billie Jean King
R-K-M is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24th, 2010, 05:26 PM   #305
country flag R-K-M

R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future

Do you ever look at this thread? A sabatini fan posted some nice explanations there.and thread starter has a great username . www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=357431
"Steffi is the best all around player of all-time, regardless of surfaces" - Martina Navratilova
Old Apr 24th, 2010, 06:55 PM   #306
country flag Seleção82

Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of

Quote:
ok,thankyou. But how(why) can you say about i'm serious these days at fanship?
That was a misunderstanding. Please forget what I said. Sorry.
Old Apr 25th, 2010, 06:54 AM   #307
country flag steffiandbibi

steffiandbibi is a name known to all steffiandbibi is a name known to all steffiandbibi is a name known to all steffiandbibi is a name known to all steffiandbibi is a name known to all steffiandbibi is a name known to all steffiandbibi is a name known to all steffiandbibi is a name known to all steffiandbibi is a name known to all steffiandbibi is a name known to all steffiandbibi is a name known to all

hi everyone, I just saw a Gaby's pic in 1996 Olympic in a neighbor thread. it reminds me how i wanted to see Steffi appear in 96 Olympic, and march in the team at the opening night. because i became her fan in 1993, missed her appearance in 88 and 92. I also thought she may hold the national flag for Germany.
Do any of you have some pic or video of her appearance in 88 and 92 opening ceremony? Or just share your memory here. Thanks in advance.
steffiandbibi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25th, 2010, 07:19 AM   #308

steffiandbibi is a name known to all steffiandbibi is a name known to all steffiandbibi is a name known to all steffiandbibi is a name known to all steffiandbibi is a name known to all steffiandbibi is a name known to all steffiandbibi is a name known to all steffiandbibi is a name known to all steffiandbibi is a name known to all steffiandbibi is a name known to all steffiandbibi is a name known to all

Speak of her backhand, I remember something funny.
it was long long ago (in 95 or 96), a major sports magazine in china started a tennis lesson section, ie, have several pages in each issue to explain a technique--forehand, serve,..., with great players' motion tracer pics.

They used to report many Steffi's stories, so i thought Steffi must will be the one to show the motion of forehand, or slice backhand, or at least serve. i wait and wait but didn't see her, until found she's the one in the issue of Topspin Backhand! They say her topspin backhand motion is very standard and beautiful.

I was totally shocked then, and still wondering how much games they have to see to take such series of rarely seen motion pics.

Last edited by steffiandbibi : Apr 25th, 2010 at 07:42 AM.
Old Apr 25th, 2010, 11:29 AM   #309
country flag djul14

Quote:
Originally Posted by steffiandbibi View Post
hi everyone, I just saw a Gaby's pic in 1996 Olympic in a neighbor thread. it reminds me how i wanted to see Steffi appear in 96 Olympic, and march in the team at the opening night. because i became her fan in 1993, missed her appearance in 88 and 92. I also thought she may hold the national flag for Germany.
Do any of you have some pic or video of her appearance in 88 and 92 opening ceremony? Or just share your memory here. Thanks in advance.
I was so sad too, when she had to withdraw from the 1996 Olympics, especially because yes it was her that had been chosen to hold the flag.
Old Apr 25th, 2010, 06:48 PM   #310
country flag Seleção82

"LOOK WHO’S 40!

Andre Agassi, one of the most colorful and talked about tennis champions of all-time, will turn 40 years old this coming Thursday, April 29.

Bud Collins, the Hall of Fame journalist and personality, summarizes the life and career of Agassi in this excerpt below from the authoritative tennis book “THE BUD COLLINS HISTORY OF TENNIS”:"

http://www.worldtennismagazine.com/archives/2053
Old Apr 26th, 2010, 06:17 PM   #311
country flag dolldot2

dolldot2 is just really nice dolldot2 is just really nice dolldot2 is just really nice dolldot2 is just really nice dolldot2 is just really nice dolldot2 is just really nice dolldot2 is just really nice dolldot2 is just really nice dolldot2 is just really nice dolldot2 is just really nice dolldot2 is just really nice

Andre looks pretty bad in the photo hes lost it big time put on alot of weight and looks miserable.

Not that i ever found him attractive but he looked alot better when he played but hes really aged alot doesn't everyone think since he retired??? Maybe the crystal meth caught up with him apparently that stuff can eat ya alive

Steffi looks ok but has aged slightly too maybe all the stress he has put her through in the last few months
dolldot2 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26th, 2010, 06:19 PM   #312
country flag dolldot2

dolldot2 is just really nice dolldot2 is just really nice dolldot2 is just really nice dolldot2 is just really nice dolldot2 is just really nice dolldot2 is just really nice dolldot2 is just really nice dolldot2 is just really nice dolldot2 is just really nice dolldot2 is just really nice dolldot2 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by steffiandbibi View Post
Is this taken by paparazzi?

I find it here,which says Steffi and Andre had dinner in LA, 11th April.

Hes going to burst through that shirt
dolldot2 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27th, 2010, 10:02 AM   #313
country flag R-K-M

@steffiandbibi, Graf withdraws from 96 olympics,because of leg injury. http://www.nytimes.com/1996/07/17/sp...kip-games.html
Old Apr 27th, 2010, 11:54 AM   #314

Quote:
@steffiandbibi, Graf withdraws from 96 olympics,because of leg injury. http://www.nytimes.com/1996/07/17/sp...kip-games.html
Thank you for the link. She attened almost all the Fed cup and Olympics as long as she's healthy, and still planned to play both Fed Cup and Olympics in her seriously injured 1996. This good girl deserved to be the flag holder.

Quote:
I was so sad too, when she had to withdraw from the 1996 Olympics, especially because yes it was her that had been chosen to hold the flag.
Luckily her injury had been better and did not bother her won the 96 USO champion. She was so exciting about this title.
Old Apr 27th, 2010, 12:58 PM   #315
country flag irma

irma has disabled reputation

Steffi would probably not have been the flag holder because there was a lot of resistance against her as she was still under tax investigation at the time
To the river so deep
We all end in the ocean
We all start in the streams
We're all carried along
By the river of dreams
In the middle of the night
irma is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote