Steffi Graf Admiration Thread Vol 2 - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 30th, 2010, 05:46 PM   #16
country flag camilia

camilia has much to be proud of camilia has much to be proud of camilia has much to be proud of camilia has much to be proud of camilia has much to be proud of camilia has much to be proud of camilia has much to be proud of camilia has much to be proud of camilia has much to be proud of camilia has much to be proud of camilia has much to be proud of
Re: Steffi Graf Admiration Thread Vol 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliehardwick View Post
AO's ending, Olympics coming up, here's a funny link in a Lisa Dillman article about the gold medalist snowboarder, Shaun White, on snowboarding with Graf and Agassi:

"You know what, he's gonna hate me, but Steffi was almost better," White said. "She was good, man. She was good."
He's not gonna hate him, I bet he doesn't mind
camilia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 30th, 2010, 11:32 PM   #17
juliehardwick

juliehardwick has disabled reputation

That's what I thought too! White has yet to discover that he's used to her being better and he likes admiring her.
juliehardwick is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31st, 2010, 01:41 AM   #18
Rollo
Moderator - BFTP

Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I tried to post in the old one, but I couldn't. I don't know if this is a good idea because if we don't post there anymore it will disappear soon. Unless we finally get a forum only for Steffi. What did Calimero do to get banned? I found his post on derkeiler, but I don't like that forum too much, it's all about insulting.
It won't dissapear. That's what the thread indexes and homebases are for. If it does go missing for some reason just let me know

It's been quite a while (years now) since Calimero got banned, but basically it was for endlessly repeating himself in multiple threads. He also posted under the name "Way". He was warned several times, as was a pro-Seles poster who posted under multiple names, including "Athena".
Rollo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31st, 2010, 08:39 AM   #19
country flag djul14

djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliehardwick View Post
AO's ending, Olympics coming up, here's a funny link in a Lisa Dillman article about the gold medalist snowboarder, Shaun White, on snowboarding with Graf and Agassi:

"You know what, he's gonna hate me, but Steffi was almost better," White said. "She was good, man. She was good."
He is used to be N°2 at home
djul14 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31st, 2010, 10:16 AM   #20
country flag bia

bia is a glorious beacon of light bia is a glorious beacon of light bia is a glorious beacon of light bia is a glorious beacon of light bia is a glorious beacon of light bia is a glorious beacon of light bia is a glorious beacon of light bia is a glorious beacon of light bia is a glorious beacon of light bia is a glorious beacon of light bia is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks Rollo.
bia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3rd, 2010, 06:41 AM   #21
country flag R-K-M

R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future

what a nice reply from Steffi,

http://steffi-graf.net/en/?p=609#comment-486
"She's one of the greatest players, maybe even greatest" : Richard Krajicek
"Steffi is the best all around player of all-time, regardless of surfaces" : Martina Navratilova
"Steffi is definitely the greatest singles player ever" : Billie Jean King
R-K-M is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3rd, 2010, 06:08 PM   #22
country flag djul14

djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all

She'll be ambassador for the next Ice Hockey World Cup in Germany (May this year), correct me if I am wrong, but I think Mannheim is known for its Ice Hockey team :
(German)http://sport.t-online.de/eishockey-w...21591800/index
Old Feb 3rd, 2010, 07:47 PM   #23
country flag Seleção82

Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by djul14 View Post
She'll be ambassador for the next Ice Hockey World Cup in Germany (May this year), correct me if I am wrong, but I think Mannheim is known for its Ice Hockey team :
(German)http://sport.t-online.de/eishockey-w...21591800/index
Yes, Adler Mannheim (formerly Mannheimer ERC) is one of Germany's most sucessfull Ice Hockey team.
Seleção82 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4th, 2010, 05:56 PM   #24
country flag Seleção82

Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of

Old Feb 6th, 2010, 02:08 PM   #25
country flag djul14

Seleçao what are you trying to tell us with this pic ?

As it's fed cup weekend, I know (West)Germany (with Steffi) won it in 1987 and 1992(?) not sure) but I was wondering how often did she play it. I know she played and lost in 1996 (I remember this match against Date ), but what about the other years.
Old Feb 6th, 2010, 02:32 PM   #26
country flag irma

irma has disabled reputation

Quote:

As it's fed cup weekend, I know (West)Germany (with Steffi) won it in 1987 and 1992(?) not sure) but I was wondering how often did she play it. I know she played and lost in 1996 (I remember this match against Date ), but what about the other years.
Steffi's fed cup career started in 1986 in czechoslowakia but she broke her toe when she got a sunshade(?) on her foot while running to fast
I don't think she played in 1988 due to her full schedule with the olympics and all.
She played in 1989 in Tokio (quarterfinal)
In 1990 she was injured (surgery)
In 1991 (Birmingham) she retired during the tournament with a shoulderinjury
In 1993 (Frankfurt) she lost to Nicole Provis and the whole Germany media called a betrayer because Peter Graf was carrying all the startmoney in bags so they claimed she lost on purpose because the money was in the house (Steffi blamed her loss on her shoulder)
In 1994 she refused to play see above (well she played Mahwah which wasn't that smart because she bashed Monica for doing that in 1991)
In 1995 she didn't play either
In 1996 she also played against Austria

That was the last time because the other years she was either injured and also mad at the German tennis association because they didn't treat her with the respect she deserved. Becker and Stich got a contract with money and Steffi didn't (well something like that)
The love was over for good.
To the river so deep
We all end in the ocean
We all start in the streams
We're all carried along
By the river of dreams
In the middle of the night
irma is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6th, 2010, 06:12 PM   #27
country flag Seleção82

Quote:
Well ... ummmmm ... I can't say that yet. Sorry . I'm still trying to find the hidden message in this highly enigmatic pic. But a certain feeling tells me that this message, once deciphered, will bring peace, love, harmony, and happiness for everyone. But I will let you know immediately when I understand it! Promised!! ... (IF I will ever understand it) ...

And apart from that, it is just some random funny pic I coincidentally found while searching the net for Steffi pics for the picture thread. But I did not want to post it in the picture thread because I was afraid that if we start posting also pics with Andre alone on them there that things might get a bit out of control there. So I posted it here and was hoping that I do not need to give an explanation (I was too lazy to write something while I posted it).
Old Feb 6th, 2010, 06:18 PM   #28
country flag Seleção82

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by irma View Post
Steffi's fed cup career started in 1986 in czechoslowakia but she broke her toe when she got a sunshade(?) on her foot while running to fast
I don't think she played in 1988 due to her full schedule with the olympics and all.
In 1993 (Frankfurt) she lost to Nicole Provis and the whole Germany media called a betrayer because Peter Graf was carrying all the startmoney in bags so they claimed she lost on purpose because the money was in the house (Steffi blamed her loss on her shoulder)
In 1994 she refused to play see above (well she played Mahwah which wasn't that smart because she bashed Monica for doing that in 1991)

That was the last time because the other years she was either injured and also mad at the German tennis association because they didn't treat her with the respect she deserved. Becker and Stich got a contract with money and Steffi didn't (well something like that)
For those interested in the plain but detailed statistics, the FedCup website might be an interesting source of information:

http://www.fedcup.com/teams/player.asp?player=20003282
Old Feb 6th, 2010, 07:24 PM   #29
country flag dscho99

dscho99 is just really nice dscho99 is just really nice dscho99 is just really nice dscho99 is just really nice dscho99 is just really nice dscho99 is just really nice dscho99 is just really nice dscho99 is just really nice dscho99 is just really nice dscho99 is just really nice dscho99 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seleção82 View Post
For those interested in the plain but detailed statistics, the FedCup website might be an interesting source of information:

http://www.fedcup.com/teams/player.asp?player=20003282

Selecao82m an interesting nick that is!

Did you watch the Brazil matches at the 1982 WC with a Brazil jersey in front of the TV, too ... ?
dscho99 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6th, 2010, 07:35 PM   #30
country flag djul14

Quote:
Originally Posted by irma View Post

THANKS Irma, for all the details
I knew she hadn't played in 1988 and I thought she hadn't played again before 1992. I didn't know about all the "stories" from 1993 and 1994.
Not sure about post 1996, because in 1999 she commited to play, but couldn't do it because of an injury, but she was already printed on the posters