Steffi Graf Admiration Thread Vol 2 - Page 144 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 29th, 2012, 09:31 PM   #2146
country flag bia

bia is a glorious beacon of light bia is a glorious beacon of light bia is a glorious beacon of light bia is a glorious beacon of light bia is a glorious beacon of light bia is a glorious beacon of light bia is a glorious beacon of light bia is a glorious beacon of light bia is a glorious beacon of light bia is a glorious beacon of light bia is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Steffi Graf Admiration Thread Vol 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by djul14 View Post
So it's tomorrow, I have a lot of german channels BUT NOT this one
Are you sure? Don't you have ASTRA 19E? If you do, it's on 11.837(H) 27.500. Hope you can find it.
Unfortunately I don't have a DVD recorder, so I won't be able to record it.
bia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 29th, 2012, 09:35 PM   #2147
country flag djul14

djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by bia View Post
Are you sure? Don't you have ASTRA 19E? If you do, it's on 11.837(H) 27.500. Hope you can find it.
Unfortunately I don't have a DVD recorder, so I won't be able to record it.
Sure, I am sure. I don't have Astra or whatever (satellite thing), I have some German Channels and still had them on my tv since like forever (I live near Germany), but not this one.
djul14 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2012, 09:07 AM   #2148
country flag rucolo

rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute

https://twitter.com/#!/BarbaraRittne...54172414537729

Quote:
@BarbaraRittner: ""Steffi Graf - ein Porträt" am Mittwoch, 30. Mai 2012, 22.30 im SWR-Fernsehen"....anschauen!!!!

Good Luck
Serena Williams Maria Sharapova Jelena Jankovic
A. Radwanska V. Zvonareva C. Wozniacki N. Petrova M. Hingis
T. Paszek A. Chakvetadze K. Sprem J. Dokic I. Tulyaganova A. Myskina
GNTM 2014 ist Stefanie !
rucolo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2012, 04:10 AM   #2149
country flag tennisfan2808

tennisfan2808 is a name known to all tennisfan2808 is a name known to all tennisfan2808 is a name known to all tennisfan2808 is a name known to all tennisfan2808 is a name known to all tennisfan2808 is a name known to all tennisfan2808 is a name known to all tennisfan2808 is a name known to all tennisfan2808 is a name known to all tennisfan2808 is a name known to all tennisfan2808 is a name known to all

Oh oh... I hope someone will be kind enough to upload this on Youtube!!!!
tennisfan2808 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2012, 10:19 PM   #2150
country flag Warriorroger

Warriorroger is a splendid one to behold Warriorroger is a splendid one to behold Warriorroger is a splendid one to behold Warriorroger is a splendid one to behold Warriorroger is a splendid one to behold Warriorroger is a splendid one to behold Warriorroger is a splendid one to behold Warriorroger is a splendid one to behold Warriorroger is a splendid one to behold Warriorroger is a splendid one to behold Warriorroger is a splendid one to behold

When both of these two were on, they make the for best matches, loved watching these two beautiful pure athletes: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHBDoV8fkIg
Warriorroger is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1st, 2012, 11:45 AM   #2151
country flag alfajeffster

alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warriorroger View Post
When both of these two were on, they make the for best matches, loved watching these two beautiful pure athletes: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHBDoV8fkIg
Thanks- I forgot about this match. Perfect quality to watch- no glaring sun and you can really follow the ball well. One of my favorite matches for Graf is the 1991 San Antonio final, but the camera is on the wrong side of the court, so the glare from the sun causes you to lose the ball easily. A shame, because it was Steffi at her best against Seles at her best.
Old Jun 1st, 2012, 11:59 AM   #2152

Warriorroger is a splendid one to behold Warriorroger is a splendid one to behold Warriorroger is a splendid one to behold Warriorroger is a splendid one to behold Warriorroger is a splendid one to behold Warriorroger is a splendid one to behold Warriorroger is a splendid one to behold Warriorroger is a splendid one to behold Warriorroger is a splendid one to behold Warriorroger is a splendid one to behold Warriorroger is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfajeffster View Post
Thanks- I forgot about this match. Perfect quality to watch- no glaring sun and you can really follow the ball well. One of my favorite matches for Graf is the 1991 San Antonio final, but the camera is on the wrong side of the court, so the glare from the sun causes you to lose the ball easily. A shame, because it was Steffi at her best against Seles at her best.
You're welcome, I personally like her matches with the Wislon rackets more and the matches later on her career, because she was so fluent in the latter stages of her career. This match is one of my favorites, becasue of the way they construct the points. I never liked her matches with Monica Seles tenniswise, I prefer her matches against Sabatini, because she had to be very creative against the ball artist. take care.
Old Jun 1st, 2012, 08:25 PM   #2153
country flag Stef-fan

Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all

Quote:
Thanks for the link. Enjoyed the match.
Loved this comment from Martina N:
"You think you can hit to her backhand after she serves but she hops two steps to the side after her serve and hits a forehand (of what was suppossed to be a backhand for other players) and so there is no backhand".
Stef-fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 2nd, 2012, 09:20 AM   #2154
country flag djul14

djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all

Quote:
Remember this match so good, but thanks for the link still good to watch it again.

I don't know if I already speak about this match, but there is a (unfamous) Graf v Seles, the 1991 Hambourg final (so on clay), what a crazy level, the 2 players at their best from the start to the end (3sets for sure), not a lot of errors, a really outsatnding match (interupted by the rain, they had to finish it the following day), but the level was still the same !
I really love this match. One of my favorite.
Old Jun 2nd, 2012, 10:21 AM   #2155
country flag alfajeffster

alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by djul14 View Post
...I don't know if I already speak about this match, but there is a (unfamous) Graf v Seles, the 1991 Hambourg final (so on clay), what a crazy level, the 2 players at their best from the start to the end (3sets for sure), not a lot of errors, a really outsatnding match (interupted by the rain, they had to finish it the following day), but the level was still the same !
I really love this match. One of my favorite.
I've always wanted to see that match. It wasn't televised here in the States, and all I could do was follow the score on the web.
Old Jun 2nd, 2012, 10:28 AM   #2156
country flag djul14

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfajeffster View Post
I've always wanted to see that match. It wasn't televised here in the States, and all I could do was follow the score on the web.
It's on youtube now ! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NbfL_rL9nMk (god, how do we live without the internet ? )
I have it on a DVD.
Old Jun 2nd, 2012, 03:22 PM   #2157
country flag tennisfan2808

tennisfan2808 is a name known to all tennisfan2808 is a name known to all tennisfan2808 is a name known to all tennisfan2808 is a name known to all tennisfan2808 is a name known to all tennisfan2808 is a name known to all tennisfan2808 is a name known to all tennisfan2808 is a name known to all tennisfan2808 is a name known to all tennisfan2808 is a name known to all tennisfan2808 is a name known to all

Yes, this was a great match. I have it on DVD too. Lots of winners from both, few unforced errors. I actually enjoy all the Steffi-Monica matches in general as they always have great rallies.
tennisfan2808 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 3rd, 2012, 03:51 AM   #2158
country flag gabybackhand

gabybackhand has much to be proud of gabybackhand has much to be proud of gabybackhand has much to be proud of gabybackhand has much to be proud of gabybackhand has much to be proud of gabybackhand has much to be proud of gabybackhand has much to be proud of gabybackhand has much to be proud of gabybackhand has much to be proud of gabybackhand has much to be proud of gabybackhand has much to be proud of

That Hamburg match was very good, both were playing well and it was interesting as in those months Mónica and Steffi and Gabriela were playing one another frequently and the top of women's tennis was a close call.
Different topic, but I find this so fun to watch and especially notice what crowds for a doubles match!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cdq1ORK36pg
Merciless Monica - Barcelona Bumblebee
gabybackhand is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 3rd, 2012, 03:57 AM   #2159
country flag gabybackhand

gabybackhand has much to be proud of gabybackhand has much to be proud of gabybackhand has much to be proud of gabybackhand has much to be proud of gabybackhand has much to be proud of gabybackhand has much to be proud of gabybackhand has much to be proud of gabybackhand has much to be proud of gabybackhand has much to be proud of gabybackhand has much to be proud of gabybackhand has much to be proud of

Quote:
You're welcome, I personally like her matches with the Wislon rackets more and the matches later on her career, because she was so fluent in the latter stages of her career. This match is one of my favorites, becasue of the way they construct the points. I never liked her matches with Monica Seles tenniswise, I prefer her matches against Sabatini, because she had to be very creative against the ball artist. take care.
Yeah, this match was very nice to watch, Gabriela gave Graf a good run for her money especially considering her last results against Graf (75 60 in 1994 Toronto and 61 60 at that year's French
BTW,how've you been WarrioR?
Merciless Monica - Barcelona Bumblebee
gabybackhand is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 3rd, 2012, 05:30 PM   #2160

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabybackhand View Post
Yeah, this match was very nice to watch, Gabriela gave Graf a good run for her money especially considering her last results against Graf (75 60 in 1994 Toronto and 61 60 at that year's French
BTW,how've you been WarrioR?
I have been fine my friend. On the court a lot, still play with the Graf racket she retired with; the Black Wilson, it's a great racket. How are you?