Steffi Graf Admiration Thread Vol 2 - Page 14 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 20th, 2010, 01:25 PM   #196
country flag R-K-M

R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future
Re: Steffi Graf Admiration Thread Vol 2

I don't know why my brother always against her.he says martina is no.1 and sampras in mens. I think he don't know about steffi more(her forehand,bh slice,better serve ,kindness). And he commented her high toss sevice,but not martinas serve.for me,martina service is week.and he didn't commented about seles stabbing and steffi's behaviour.(thank god). Once he asked why she married andre? He joked on our star for this reason too.for him,andre is rich only.so graf look this!.i think he don't know that there is no steffi ,when andre brooke divorced. I think my bro don't know this. I like to say steffi and andre get together only after wimbledon 99 in july .not before and there is any relation b/w andre and graf before that.and andre,brooke divorced in april and because of their own problems. But he didn't give me a chance to tell this truth and he didn't read any articles too.he created his own for his benefits.but i suffered a lot for this.why some people insults other,even they are good and flawless. Give me your good answers to him.
"She's one of the greatest players, maybe even greatest" : Richard Krajicek
"Steffi is the best all around player of all-time, regardless of surfaces" : Martina Navratilova
"Steffi is definitely the greatest singles player ever" : Billie Jean King
R-K-M is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 20th, 2010, 02:11 PM   #197
country flag steffiandbibi

steffiandbibi is a name known to all steffiandbibi is a name known to all steffiandbibi is a name known to all steffiandbibi is a name known to all steffiandbibi is a name known to all steffiandbibi is a name known to all steffiandbibi is a name known to all steffiandbibi is a name known to all steffiandbibi is a name known to all steffiandbibi is a name known to all steffiandbibi is a name known to all

Is he jealous about your admiration to Steffi?
some family support who you admire, but some just become "anti". They feel nervous when they find you love or admire someone not in your life, as much as them. They would orally attack your idol but do not really think like that.
steffiandbibi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20th, 2010, 03:40 PM   #198
country flag djul14

djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all

Yes lol RKM don't worry about your brother, it's typical, your brother "hates" her, because you "love" her, it's part of the fun having sibblings

and
Quote:
Originally Posted by R-K-M View Post
.and itf give hof induction to graf lately than everyone's expectations
What do you mean ??
djul14 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20th, 2010, 03:56 PM   #199
country flag R-K-M

R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by djul14 View Post
and
What do you mean ??(about itf gave hof induction lately)
when she retired from tennis,everybody expects that she didn't want to wait 5years for hof induction like other.she got it earlier for her service to the game,tennis. You know before her ,tennis was not a popular or marketable .steffi did this to game with her unique playing style all over the world,but politics played a different role for her.the whole world supports graf,but america always show partiality on others.even germany once fear about her marriage with an american,but andre is a good guy ,he proved that don't judge whole by some.
"Steffi is the best all around player of all-time, regardless of surfaces" : Martina Navratilova
Old Mar 20th, 2010, 04:05 PM   #200
country flag djul14

djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all

She didn't get the HoF induction earlier, it was 5 years after, like for anyone else.
Old Mar 20th, 2010, 05:35 PM   #201
country flag bia

bia is a glorious beacon of light bia is a glorious beacon of light bia is a glorious beacon of light bia is a glorious beacon of light bia is a glorious beacon of light bia is a glorious beacon of light bia is a glorious beacon of light bia is a glorious beacon of light bia is a glorious beacon of light bia is a glorious beacon of light bia is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by steffiandbibi View Post
Maybe i am wrong. I think some american players, M Nav, BJK, ...,they are like a gang, and they have great power in ITF and WTA.
Steffi was a low key alone wolf in players. She is nice to others, but is not one of any gangs, instead she stays away from them. More or less, she losted some benifits because of the "independency".

However she already have all the good things she cares about, and brought hornor to HoF, thats better than being hornored by HoF.
The funny thing is that they are now all behind her, they seem to look for her company everytime she is around. I think they were against her at the beginning, but year by year they started to appreciate her. Maybe, sometimes, jelousy played a role. I think they coudn't understand why she was and is so loved without "selling" herself too much, I mean, she never cared about having a "good" image, she just cared about beeing herself, like it or not. P.S. RKM don't worry about your brother, he just doesn't know Steffi at all and he doesn't want to know her. It's not a big deal, none can be loved by everybody. If he thinks Steffi loves Andre for his money, just tell him that she was richer than him and if she wanted money she could have married an ultramillionaire old man.
bia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22nd, 2010, 07:48 PM   #202
country flag Seleção82

Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of

In the meantime I watched the men's match (H4H) several times, and regarding that "infamous moment" between Andre and Pete I think that both acted like dimwits, but it's really hard to say who was the bigger one. A suitable headline for that incident would be "Samprass vs. Agassi"

At the first moment I wasn't sure what to think of it, whether the whole scene was real or not. It looks a bit like being "scripted" to add some drama to the event. But now I am sure that the thing was real, Sampras really did look pissed in the end and I don't think that he acted it.

But Sampras needs to get a sense of humor, really
Seleção82 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22nd, 2010, 08:51 PM   #203
country flag djul14

Yep about Sampras. And Andre needed to settle down, so perhaps they could have exchange .
Old Mar 25th, 2010, 05:44 PM   #204
country flag bia

bia is a glorious beacon of light bia is a glorious beacon of light bia is a glorious beacon of light bia is a glorious beacon of light bia is a glorious beacon of light bia is a glorious beacon of light bia is a glorious beacon of light bia is a glorious beacon of light bia is a glorious beacon of light bia is a glorious beacon of light bia is a glorious beacon of light

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/obit...ina-Clark.html
Old Mar 25th, 2010, 06:15 PM   #205
country flag djul14

Thanks for the link
Old Mar 27th, 2010, 03:03 PM   #206
country flag Seleção82

Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of

@juliehardwick

If I recall it correctly you said in one of your previous posts that you became a fan of Steffi when she played an event at your local club when she was 13 years old.

There is not THAT much known about the very young Steffi (pre-1984), so that I'm curious if you could add some more info. Did you actually talk to her? Are there some photos from the event?

Thanks in advance!
Seleção82 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27th, 2010, 05:08 PM   #207
juliehardwick

juliehardwick has disabled reputation

Hhm. That was a time when I had just started working as a linesperson/umpire and I went to a lot of small tournaments. That particular one was at our local tennis & cricket club:-)
Glamorous life of starting out pros ... It must have been in 1982 and I suppose it was the equivalent of perhaps the $10k starter pro tournaments today. I watched her play a couple of matches and her game impressed me hugely right away. Fantastic movement. I couldn't recall ever seeing a young girl hit the ball like that. Incredibly skinny and small. I think she must have done a lot of her growing as a teen. If I recall there was a story about her in our local weekly paper during that tournament. I doubt anything survives from that.
I don't recall how she did at that tournament in the end.
The next time I saw her was at the Birmingham/Edgbaston grasscourts pro tournament that used to be right after the FO and before Wimbledon. (I think last year was alas the end of that tournament.) I think it was in 1984 when she would have been just about 15 - maybe 15 that week or the next week. What I do recall is that she and Sabatini were both there and had come on from Paris where I think Sabatini had won the junior FO. (Sabatini's a year younger.) At any rate, I do recall a lot of discussion about both of them in the umpires tearoom with the umpires/linespeople and the wta tour staff who were there. The chat I recall (a long time ago!) included a strong sense among that group of tennis watchers that Sabatini was the likely future superstar. She had a big following among the officials. And of course they were correct about Sabatini. But not correct about Graf :-) I thought Sabatini looked good at that tournament and it was the first time I had watched her, but at that tournament Graf impressed me personally much more than Sabatini - never had much patience with all that loopy topspin... I recall being a bit baffled by the tearoom sense that Sabatini was the real comer.
juliehardwick is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27th, 2010, 05:26 PM   #208
country flag dolldot2

dolldot2 is just really nice dolldot2 is just really nice dolldot2 is just really nice dolldot2 is just really nice dolldot2 is just really nice dolldot2 is just really nice dolldot2 is just really nice dolldot2 is just really nice dolldot2 is just really nice dolldot2 is just really nice dolldot2 is just really nice

Steffi pregnant??? morique magazine
dolldot2 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27th, 2010, 05:29 PM   #209
country flag R-K-M

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliehardwick View Post
Hhm. That was a time when I had just started working as a linesperson/umpire and I went to a lot of small tournaments. That particular one was at our local tennis & cricket club:-)
Glamorous life of starting out pros ... It must have been in 1982 and I suppose it was the equivalent of perhaps the $10k starter pro tournaments today. I watched her play a couple of matches and her game impressed me hugely right away. Fantastic movement. I couldn't recall ever seeing a young girl hit the ball like that. Incredibly skinny and small. I think she must have done a lot of her growing as a teen. If I recall there was a story about her in our local weekly paper during that tournament. I doubt anything survives from that.
The next time I saw her was at the Birmingham/Edgbaston grasscourts pro tournament that used to be right after the FO and before Wimbledon. (I think last year was alas the end of that tournament.) I think it was in 1984 when she would have been just about 15 - maybe 15 that week or the next week. What I do recall is that she and Sabatini were both there and had come on from Paris where I think Sabatini had won the junior FO. (Sabatini's a year younger.) At any rate, I do recall a lot of discussion about both of them in the umpires tearoom with the umpires/linespeople and the wta tour staff who were there. The chat I recall (a long time ago!) included a strong sense among that group of tennis watchers that Sabatini was the likely future superstar. She had a big following among the officials. And of course they were correct about Sabatini. But not correct about Graf :-) I thought Sabatini looked good at that tournament and it was the first time I had watched her, but at that tournament Graf impressed me personally much more than Sabatini - never had much patience with all that loopy topspin... I recall being a bit baffled by the tearoom sense that Sabatini was the real comer.
Great info.thanks a lot. At starting of 86,sabatini had 100 ad sponsorship invitation,but graf proved that the whole universe was wrong with her unique playing style and strong determination.
Old Mar 27th, 2010, 09:45 PM   #210
country flag bia

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolldot2 View Post
Steffi pregnant??? morique magazine
What? What magazine is this? Could you tell us a little more, please?
Quote:
Originally Posted by juliehardwick View Post
Very nice story. I remember some articles on US Tennis magazines saying that at the beginning of Sabatini and Graf career the tennis officials and the Wta were rooting more for Sabatini because she was better looking back then and they thought she could bring more attention and fans. They were completely wrong and Steffi turned into one of the sexiest players in tennis history and one of the most appreciated by male players too.