Steffi Graf Admiration Thread Vol 2 - Page 136 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 25th, 2012, 07:10 AM   #2026
country flag Stef-fan

Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all
Re: Steffi Graf Admiration Thread Vol 2

Seems like a great porgram and hope some of you can record the program and share it with the rest of us.
On May 30th, a special documentary on Steffi Graf is being aired on the eve of 25th annoversary of Steffi Graf winning her first GS title and the people involved makes it interesting. Here is a rough translation:

"Steffi Graf has many facets: world-class athlete, millionaire, entrepreneur, foundation chairman and not least his wife and mother. The restrained woman who "shy, modest, loving suspicious, helpful" as is characterize by friends trying - as best we can - to live a normal life. But how can this be, if this life is anything but ordinary for decades expired? How do you imagine a childhood that is completely tuned for early athletic performance? And what life takes a teenager who is almost constantly exposed to the public? Based on some unreleased archival footage and interviews with close companions, friends and adversaries, the film shows a Steffi Graf, as we know them - and not just know. It manifested inter alia Gabriela Sabatini, Marina Navratilova, Boris Becker, Ion Tiriac, Germany coach Barbara Rittner and coach Heinz Günthardt. In addition, less well-known insiders have their say, as the tennis photographer Paul Zimmer, who accompanied Steffi Graf since she was eight years as a journalist and close friend".

http://www.finanznachrichten.de/nach...che-23-007.htm
Stef-fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 25th, 2012, 08:05 AM   #2027
country flag alfajeffster

alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stef-fan View Post
Seems like a great porgram and hope some of you can record the program and share it with the rest of us.
On May 30th, a special documentary on Steffi Graf is being aired on the eve of 25th annoversary of Steffi Graf winning her first GS title and the people involved makes it interesting. Here is a rough translation:

"Steffi Graf has many facets: world-class athlete, millionaire, entrepreneur, foundation chairman and not least his wife and mother. The restrained woman who "shy, modest, loving suspicious, helpful" as is characterize by friends trying - as best we can - to live a normal life. But how can this be, if this life is anything but ordinary for decades expired? How do you imagine a childhood that is completely tuned for early athletic performance? And what life takes a teenager who is almost constantly exposed to the public? Based on some unreleased archival footage and interviews with close companions, friends and adversaries, the film shows a Steffi Graf, as we know them - and not just know. It manifested inter alia Gabriela Sabatini, Marina Navratilova, Boris Becker, Ion Tiriac, Germany coach Barbara Rittner and coach Heinz Günthardt. In addition, less well-known insiders have their say, as the tennis photographer Paul Zimmer, who accompanied Steffi Graf since she was eight years as a journalist and close friend".

Great! I can't wait to see it, and hopefully it will be broadcast here in the States on TennisChannel. I have a ton of her matches on tape, but there is so little private career info, largely because she's always been so private. Who can blame her? The German press absolutely hounded her for years. I'm surprised she didn't lose more matches because of them.
Old Apr 25th, 2012, 12:12 PM   #2028
country flag R-K-M

R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future

Quote:

Hope somebody will record & upload it for all who live outside of Germany.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfajeffster View Post
Great! I can't wait to see it, and hopefully it will be broadcast here in the States on TennisChannel. I have a ton of her matches on tape, but there is so little private career info, largely because she's always been so private. Who can blame her? The German press absolutely hounded her for years. I'm surprised she didn't lose more matches because of them.
Do you have any documentaries along with her matches?If so,why don't you share with us?
R-K-M is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25th, 2012, 12:53 PM   #2029

alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by R-K-M View Post
...Do you have any documentaries along with her matches?If so,why don't you share with us?
The only thing like that is the short bit that NBC played at the end of the third set of the 1999 French Open, which was a giveaway that Steffi won (why play a video chronicling Graf's life at that point in the match?). It made me angry at the time, because even if the match is taped, and I don't know who won, it kind of ruins it while I'm watching it. It was such a dramatic match too.
Old Apr 27th, 2012, 01:07 AM   #2030
country flag Stef-fan

Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all

Not sure what to say when the official Wimbledon site has basic facts wrong. Steffi's GS total is listed as 18 instead of 22 and Mark Hodgkinson is a tennis journalist???? who is incharge of Tennis space.com. Just shows the standards set for current journalism.

But good to know that Steffi will be in the royal box as a guest for this Wimbledon along with Andre.
http://www.wimbledon.com/tennis-worl...s/german-women
Old Apr 28th, 2012, 12:47 AM   #2031
country flag Stef-fan

Quote:
Not sure what to say when the official Wimbledon site has basic facts wrong. Steffi's GS total is listed as 18 instead of 22 and Mark Hodgkinson is a tennis journalist???? who is incharge of Tennis space.com. Just shows the standards set for current journalism.

But good to know that Steffi will be in the royal box as a guest for this Wimbledon along with Andre.
http://www.wimbledon.com/tennis-worl...s/german-women
Good to see that they corrected the mistake and nice to know that someone at the official Wimbledon site actual reads your mail and takes action. Guess that is why Wimbledon is different than the rest....
Old Apr 28th, 2012, 06:55 PM   #2032
country flag XTN

XTN is a glorious beacon of light XTN is a glorious beacon of light XTN is a glorious beacon of light XTN is a glorious beacon of light XTN is a glorious beacon of light XTN is a glorious beacon of light XTN is a glorious beacon of light XTN is a glorious beacon of light XTN is a glorious beacon of light XTN is a glorious beacon of light XTN is a glorious beacon of light

nice to see that Steffi will be in the royal box. And thanks Stef-fan for sending an email to the Wimbledon site to correct the error.
XTN is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2012, 10:01 AM   #2033
country flag kati830728

kati830728 is just really nice kati830728 is just really nice kati830728 is just really nice kati830728 is just really nice kati830728 is just really nice kati830728 is just really nice kati830728 is just really nice kati830728 is just really nice kati830728 is just really nice kati830728 is just really nice kati830728 is just really nice

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...8203890&type=3

scroll down and you will find a picture with steffi and her kids
kati830728 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2012, 02:20 AM   #2034
country flag Stef-fan

Steffi at Kentucky Derby
http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com//04052...012190712.html
Old May 5th, 2012, 02:49 AM   #2035
country flag R-K-M

R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future

Quote:
Wow,thank you for the link and some other links for Kentucky Derby pictures:

http://features.rr.com/photo/01wr4Gr...Kentucky+Derby

http://livewire.wlky.com/Event/Kentu...y_Weekend_2012
(Where this picture?)
"She's one of the greatest players, may be even greatest" - Richard Krajicek
"Steffi is the best all around player of all-time, regardless of surfaces" - Martina Navratilova
"Steffi is definitely the greatest singles player ever" - Billie Jean King

Last edited by R-K-M : May 5th, 2012 at 02:58 AM.
R-K-M is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2012, 11:44 AM   #2036
country flag Stef-fan

Thanks for the links R-K-M.
Seems like Graf is all for the blue this weekend unlike the players playing in Madrid
Old May 5th, 2012, 11:52 AM   #2037
country flag Stef-fan

Here is a video link with Steffi talking about the evening at Derby.
http://www.wkyt.com/news/headlines/C...ipad&site=full
Old May 5th, 2012, 12:10 PM   #2038
country flag Stef-fan

Some more images (scroll next for additional)
Love the lady in blue than the pinkies by the side.
http://news.yahoo.com/photos/fashion...220410577.html
Old May 5th, 2012, 12:28 PM   #2039

Quote:
Some more images (scroll next for additional)
Love the lady in blue than the pinkies by the side.
http://news.yahoo.com/photos/fashion...220410577.html
Oh, she looks absolutely lovely, and beautiful in that violet frock. I always loved the tradition of hat fashion at the derby every year- nice to see Steffi having fun with it.
Old May 5th, 2012, 03:31 PM   #2040
country flag Stef-fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfajeffster View Post
Oh, she looks absolutely lovely, and beautiful in that violet frock. I always loved the tradition of hat fashion at the derby every year- nice to see Steffi having fun with it.
Yeah, Steffi nailed it down with that frock and hat, waiting for the red carpet look.
Here is one more pic.
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pi...d=181489625040