Steffi Graf Admiration Thread Vol 2 - Page 130 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 8th, 2012, 05:09 PM   #1936
country flag Seleção82

Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of
Re: Steffi Graf Admiration Thread Vol 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by djul14 View Post
Sometimes you're ...spooky, you typed "Cat tennis" in the YT search bar ?
Geeez, noooo, of course not!

I typed "dog tennis" in the YT search bar and somehow found the cat video via the related videos.

By the way, speaking of dog tennis:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55f52RrjZd4

... 0:28 - 0:32 ... LOL!

Okej, okej, I know where the exit is ...
Seleção82 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 8th, 2012, 05:13 PM   #1937
country flag Seleção82

Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by R-K-M View Post
The site again displays 'Reported Attack Site' even used direct url in browser's address bar.
Really?

Not for me by the way. And they removed the inline frames from the page which had been the reason for the trouble previously.
Old Feb 8th, 2012, 08:41 PM   #1938
country flag Seleção82

Quote:
Originally Posted by R-K-M View Post
The site again displays 'Reported Attack Site' even used direct url in browser's address bar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seleção82 View Post
Really?

Not for me by the way. And they removed the inline frames from the page which had been the reason for the trouble previously.
@RKM:
Are you by chance using Google's browser (Chrome)?

Normally one shouldn't get any malware warning message when accessing a website directly by typing the URL in the address bar of the browser. The page either loads or it does not. In the latter case one might get a HTTP status code (like 403 Forbidden or 404 Not Found), but the browser itself does not check for malware. For this (malware scans) it is necessary to have special software installed and running.
But the Google browser maybe an exception (I myself don't use it) since it is thinkable that it has Google's "safebrowsing" service as a browser-plugin, so that there is some kind of check in the background when one tries to access a page.

Well, anyway, I myself think that Steffi's site is safe now and I don't feel uneasy visiting it. I rather suspect that Google has to do some more homework, not the webmaster of Steffi's site.
Old Feb 8th, 2012, 09:53 PM   #1939
country flag djul14

djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all

Quote:
Geeez, noooo, of course not!

I typed "dog tennis" in the YT search bar and somehow found the cat video via the related videos.

The site works for me too.
djul14 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9th, 2012, 12:23 AM   #1940
country flag Stef-fan

Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all

Quote:
@RKM:

Normally one shouldn't get any malware warning message when accessing a website directly by typing the URL in the address bar of the browser. The page either loads or it does not. In the latter case one might get a HTTP status code (like 403 Forbidden or 404 Not Found), but the browser itself does not check for malware. For this (malware scans) it is necessary to have special software installed and running.
But the Google browser maybe an exception (I myself don't use it) since it is thinkable that it has Google's "safebrowsing" service as a browser-plugin, so that there is some kind of check in the background when one tries to access a page.

Well, anyway, I myself think that Steffi's site is safe now and I don't feel uneasy visiting it. I rather suspect that Google has to do some more homework, not the webmaster of Steffi's site.
Hi Selecao,
I use just google and not the chrome version and it is triggering the alert again, even on iPAD which uses safari, so don't think it is limited to google. Since many people use google, may be someone should look into it. I can't even open the page even if I chose to ignore the message, here is what it shows. I am not good with software and so not sure how to send a screen shot.
http://www.google.com/interstitial?u...&ved=0CBUQFjAA
Stef-fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9th, 2012, 06:22 AM   #1941
country flag tennisfan2808

tennisfan2808 is a name known to all tennisfan2808 is a name known to all tennisfan2808 is a name known to all tennisfan2808 is a name known to all tennisfan2808 is a name known to all tennisfan2808 is a name known to all tennisfan2808 is a name known to all tennisfan2808 is a name known to all tennisfan2808 is a name known to all tennisfan2808 is a name known to all tennisfan2808 is a name known to all

From Kimiko Date's blog on WTA site:
What is the most memorable moment of your career?
In 1996, I beat Graf in Fed Cup in Tokyo. She was No.1 at that time. More than 10,000 people watched our game. I remember it was in the quarterfinals - that was a very good memory. Also in 1996 I played against Steffi again in Wimbledon, and at that time there was no roof in the center court yet, and when it got dark the match was suspended. We continued to play the next day. In the end I lost the match, but it was a very good memory. I like Steffi, she is a very nice person, a strong person, No.1. She has everything, she's like a robot!

LOL
tennisfan2808 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9th, 2012, 07:44 AM   #1942
country flag bia

bia is a glorious beacon of light bia is a glorious beacon of light bia is a glorious beacon of light bia is a glorious beacon of light bia is a glorious beacon of light bia is a glorious beacon of light bia is a glorious beacon of light bia is a glorious beacon of light bia is a glorious beacon of light bia is a glorious beacon of light bia is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
@RKM:

Not working for me either. I'm using firefox 10 and I tried google chrome, still not working.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tennisfan2808 View Post
In 1996, I beat Graf in Fed Cup in Tokyo. She was No.1 at that time. More than 10,000 people watched our game. I remember it was in the quarterfinals - that was a very good memory. Also in 1996 I played against Steffi again in Wimbledon, and at that time there was no roof in the center court yet, and when it got dark the match was suspended. We continued to play the next day. In the end I lost the match, but it was a very good memory. I like Steffi, she is a very nice person, a strong person, No.1. She has everything, she's like a robot!

LOL
I guess she meant the robot thing in a positive way.
bia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10th, 2012, 12:54 AM   #1943
country flag Utautai

Utautai has a reputation beyond repute Utautai has a reputation beyond repute Utautai has a reputation beyond repute Utautai has a reputation beyond repute Utautai has a reputation beyond repute Utautai has a reputation beyond repute Utautai has a reputation beyond repute Utautai has a reputation beyond repute Utautai has a reputation beyond repute Utautai has a reputation beyond repute Utautai has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=453542

'88
'89
'91
'92
'93
'95
'96
Old Feb 10th, 2012, 01:56 PM   #1944
country flag XTN

XTN is a glorious beacon of light XTN is a glorious beacon of light XTN is a glorious beacon of light XTN is a glorious beacon of light XTN is a glorious beacon of light XTN is a glorious beacon of light XTN is a glorious beacon of light XTN is a glorious beacon of light XTN is a glorious beacon of light XTN is a glorious beacon of light XTN is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by bia View Post
I guess she meant the robot thing in a positive way.
bia, given the tone of Kimiko's comments, I am thinking she meant 'robot' in a positive way too. My guess is that she seems like a tennis machine in how effectively and consistently she plays.
XTN is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10th, 2012, 01:59 PM   #1945
country flag Calvin M.

Calvin M. has a brilliant future Calvin M. has a brilliant future Calvin M. has a brilliant future Calvin M. has a brilliant future Calvin M. has a brilliant future Calvin M. has a brilliant future Calvin M. has a brilliant future Calvin M. has a brilliant future Calvin M. has a brilliant future Calvin M. has a brilliant future Calvin M. has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennisfan2808 View Post

LOL
Never saw the Fed Cup match but it made the news because it was something like 10-8 in the 3rd and it was Date's first (and only) win over Graf. Their Wimbledon match is one of my favorites, too. Really competitive with Date frequently sneaking in. Graf clapped on her racquet one time acknowledging Date's solid game play.
Calvin M. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10th, 2012, 04:15 PM   #1946
country flag djul14

djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all

I saw this match live (night/early morning in Europe), so the day after I had red eyes to see...this defeat
Old Feb 10th, 2012, 08:51 PM   #1947
country flag Warriorroger

Warriorroger is a splendid one to behold Warriorroger is a splendid one to behold Warriorroger is a splendid one to behold Warriorroger is a splendid one to behold Warriorroger is a splendid one to behold Warriorroger is a splendid one to behold Warriorroger is a splendid one to behold Warriorroger is a splendid one to behold Warriorroger is a splendid one to behold Warriorroger is a splendid one to behold Warriorroger is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvin M. View Post
Never saw the Fed Cup match but it made the news because it was something like 10-8 in the 3rd and it was Date's first (and only) win over Graf. Their Wimbledon match is one of my favorites, too. Really competitive with Date frequently sneaking in. Graf clapped on her racquet one time acknowledging Date's solid game play.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7HK0Fw_4N-8

I loved the match up, it was much more difficult than one would expect. The flat early groundstrokes at times neutralized the Graf game, who had less time on her forehand against Kimiko, but their matches as with Gabriela were so athletic and fun to watch.
Warriorroger is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10th, 2012, 10:06 PM   #1948
country flag Seleção82

Quote:
Originally Posted by samn View Post
I've mentioned this before, but David Miller's match report on this quarter-final match in "The Times" always makes me smile when I read his comment about Steffi.

Quote:
The sheer elegance of Miss Sabatini compels admiration. By comparison, Miss Graf at the other end, in what can only be described as looking like an old night-shirt, was appealing in a different way: a strapping, straightforward milkmaid, pleasingly devoid of fuss or self-awareness.

Well ... "pleasingly devoid of fuss" ... he is right there.

I like his style of writing, really entertaining. Has he written more delightfulnesses of the same kind, do you know?
Old Feb 11th, 2012, 03:51 AM   #1949
country flag gabybackhand

gabybackhand has much to be proud of gabybackhand has much to be proud of gabybackhand has much to be proud of gabybackhand has much to be proud of gabybackhand has much to be proud of gabybackhand has much to be proud of gabybackhand has much to be proud of gabybackhand has much to be proud of gabybackhand has much to be proud of gabybackhand has much to be proud of gabybackhand has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by djul14 View Post
I saw this match live (night/early morning in Europe), so the day after I had red eyes to see...this defeat
I love Steffi, but I was happy for Kimiko that time. Was the match good?
BTW, nice to see all those Graf's pics in Wimbledon, the only one I "hate" is the one from 1991
Merciless Monica - Barcelona Bumblebee
gabybackhand is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11th, 2012, 10:24 AM   #1950
country flag djul14

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabybackhand View Post
BTW, nice to see all those Graf's pics in Wimbledon, the only one I "hate" is the one from 1991