Steffi Graf Admiration Thread Vol 2 - Page 129 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 5th, 2012, 07:45 PM   #1921
country flag Seleção82

Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of
Re: Steffi Graf Admiration Thread Vol 2

Steffi vs. Chris Evert Boca Raton 1986:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxv3_hMEK74

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGHQicPuP04

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0WUJBKNGo0
Seleção82 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 5th, 2012, 07:55 PM   #1922
country flag Seleção82

Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of

... and Steffi vs. Gabriela Sabatini, Wimbledon QF 1987, 2nd set:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOoiB88GaqY
Old Feb 7th, 2012, 05:25 PM   #1923
country flag XTN

XTN is a glorious beacon of light XTN is a glorious beacon of light XTN is a glorious beacon of light XTN is a glorious beacon of light XTN is a glorious beacon of light XTN is a glorious beacon of light XTN is a glorious beacon of light XTN is a glorious beacon of light XTN is a glorious beacon of light XTN is a glorious beacon of light XTN is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by djul14 View Post
I ignored that grunting could make you run faster, interesting
I didn't imply that grunting makes you run faster. Personally, I just think that Monica ended up getting too distracted by all the buzz about her grunting. Did it take some of the intensity and focus away from her play? I don't know. Did it distract her enough that she couldn't win more than 3 games? We'll never know, but I think it falls within the realm of possibility. Note that just because it is possible doesn't make it a certainty. I still think that Steffi would have beaten her convicingly. Maybe it would still have been the same scoreline. Anyways, these are all 'maybes'and at the end of the day, whatever the surrounding circumstances, Steffi beat Monica with the loss of only three games in one of the most lopsided Wimbledon finals in the Open era.

Quote:
CKK statement out of context, I doubt it. She said what Peter said and that she herself realised during this SF that Steffi's backhand was bad that day, what does it suggest ?
Now bla bla we get along well. I thought "people (were) are not her thing".
I am just too happy about the last sentence of her last itw :

What were the reactions to your criticism of Steffi and her father?
Peter Graf has only said that he did not say it. What else should he say? Otherwise there were hardly any responses. The interview was primarily about something else.

So no reaction from Steffi not worthy, love her.
I agree that I think it was very classy of Steffi to not comment on any of these interviews. And while I am pretty sure that CKK wasn't taken out of context regarding her comments on Peter Graf, her comments on Steffi may have been taken out of context. But again, what we have is what are written in those interviews and we will never know if CKK was taken out of context. Personally, I have seen so many situations where the media have taken things out of context so I try to give people the benefit of the doubt. In any case, the moral of the story here for CKK and any one in the spotlight is to be careful about what you say.
XTN is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7th, 2012, 05:34 PM   #1924
country flag Stef-fan

Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all

[quote=djul14;20903983]I ignored that grunting could make you run faster, interesting

Amused to see this response from Monica Seles on grunting (not related to Steffi but since we are talking about grunting thought some interesting advice from her).

http://www.thetennisspace.com/opinio...ans-demand-it/
Stef-fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7th, 2012, 06:24 PM   #1925
country flag djul14

djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by XTN View Post
I didn't imply that grunting makes you run faster.
I know you didn't (it was a joke) as Monica seemed to imply it by saying it would have been different if she could have had grunt during this final, because one of her problem during this mpatch was that she was miles away from the ball so many times
djul14 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7th, 2012, 06:27 PM   #1926
country flag djul14

djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all

[quote=Stef-fan;20914027]
Quote:
I ignored that grunting could make you run faster, interesting

Amused to see this response from Monica Seles on grunting (not related to Steffi but since we are talking about grunting thought some interesting advice from her).

I couldn't stop laughing while I was reading it

Thanks Seleçao for the YT links, I will watch the match vs Sabatini tomorrow, I love Steffi's matches from the 80's
Old Feb 7th, 2012, 07:09 PM   #1927
country flag XTN

XTN is a glorious beacon of light XTN is a glorious beacon of light XTN is a glorious beacon of light XTN is a glorious beacon of light XTN is a glorious beacon of light XTN is a glorious beacon of light XTN is a glorious beacon of light XTN is a glorious beacon of light XTN is a glorious beacon of light XTN is a glorious beacon of light XTN is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
I know you didn't (it was a joke) as Monica seemed to imply it by saying it would have been different if she could have had grunt during this final, because one of her problem during this mpatch was that she was miles away from the ball so many times
Oops sorry djuli, I didn't read what Monica said so I didn't realized she implied as such.

Stef-fan, thanks for the link, that's an interesting Q&A on grunting. I do wonder though whether the WTA will really enforce that no-grunting rule. I wasn't very bothered with grunting before, I think it's the shrieking that I have extreme difficulty with. Just the "high-pitchedness" of it. I watched parts the AO women's final with my tv on mute.
XTN is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7th, 2012, 07:11 PM   #1928
country flag Seleção82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stef-fan View Post

Quote:
I couldn't stop laughing while I was reading it

On the page there is a link to another funny interview:

http://www.thetennisspace.com/on-cou...winning-slams/

Quote:

(...)

Your relationship with Rory McIlroy is always big news – were you ready for the reaction? I definitely did not expect it to become that big, it was everywhere. I was just teasing him, ‘saying that’s how it is when you go out with a superstar.’

(...)
Oh my ...
Old Feb 7th, 2012, 07:17 PM   #1929
country flag djul14

I know Wozniacki has her own sense of humour, so I hope she was kidding.
Old Feb 7th, 2012, 07:17 PM   #1930
country flag Seleção82

Quote:
Thanks Seleçao for the YT links, I will watch the match vs Sabatini tomorrow, I love Steffi's matches from the 80's
The link I posted (vs Sabatini) is only the 2nd set, not the whole match. But I will take a look if I can find more on YT.
Old Feb 7th, 2012, 07:39 PM   #1931
country flag djul14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seleção82 View Post
The link I posted (vs Sabatini) is only the 2nd set, not the whole match. But I will take a look if I can find more on YT.
1set, but of high level tennis is enough
Old Feb 7th, 2012, 09:02 PM   #1932
country flag Seleção82

Quote:
1set, but of high level tennis is enough
True.

But I found another promising talent ... and what a cutie!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dBeGV9mPc4

Good night everybody!
Old Feb 8th, 2012, 09:17 AM   #1933
country flag samn

samn has a reputation beyond repute samn has a reputation beyond repute samn has a reputation beyond repute samn has a reputation beyond repute samn has a reputation beyond repute samn has a reputation beyond repute samn has a reputation beyond repute samn has a reputation beyond repute samn has a reputation beyond repute samn has a reputation beyond repute samn has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
... and Steffi vs. Gabriela Sabatini, Wimbledon QF 1987, 2nd set:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOoiB88GaqY
I've mentioned this before, but David Miller's match report on this quarter-final match in "The Times" always makes me smile when I read his comment about Steffi.

Quote:
The sheer elegance of Miss Sabatini compels admiration. By comparison, Miss Graf at the other end, in what can only be described as looking like an old night-shirt, was appealing in a different way: a strapping, straightforward milkmaid, pleasingly devoid of fuss or self-awareness.
Best left-right combination by a German (and that includes Max Schmeling): Steffi Graf. All she did in 1987 was knock Navratilova out of #1 and try to knock Evert out of the sport. (Mike Lupica in "The Best and Worst of Tennis in 1987", World Tennis)

"A couple of years ago, we nicknamed Steffi Graf's forehand 'Jaws'. And that music would go perfectly when she starts running in to the net, swarming on that little ball." (JoAnne Russell, during the 1988 Wimbledon final between Graf and Navratilova)
samn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8th, 2012, 01:40 PM   #1934
country flag R-K-M

R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by bia View Post
Does any of you have problems with Steffi's official site? When I try to enter it, it shows a message from google saying it's been segnalized as a malicious site.
Quote:
I'm wondering what Google has to do with this ... ??

Google isn't some sort of "official internet police" or such, normally they can't block sites if you try to access them directly by the repective URL. I suspect that you have some Google software running on your computer (Google toolbar perhaps?) which uses some heuristic anti-malware software. Maybe some Javascript or VBS or whatever on Steffi's page triggers a false positive alert.

Anyway, disabling the Google software should do the trick. Alternatively you can add Steffi's page to the "trusted sites", IF this is possible (I don't use any Google software, so I can't say how their programs work).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stef-fan View Post
Steffi's site is showing up as being in 'maintainance mode'. Hopefully, the admin will be able to fix the issue permanently. Looks like your message reached the intended people.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bia View Post
I have to say that I totally agree with Stef-fan about Seles. I actually think that there are many others controversial aspects about her behaviour, but this is not the place to discuss it. I respect her, anyway.
Bytheway, Steffi's site has finally been fixed.
The site again displays 'Reported Attack Site' even used direct url in browser's address bar.
"She's one of the greatest players, maybe even greatest" : Richard Krajicek
"Steffi is the best all around player of all-time, regardless of surfaces" : Martina Navratilova
"Steffi is definitely the greatest singles player ever" : Billie Jean King
R-K-M is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8th, 2012, 03:24 PM   #1935
country flag djul14

Quote:
True.

But I found another promising talent ... and what a cutie!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dBeGV9mPc4

Good night everybody!
Sometimes you're ...spooky, you typed "Cat tennis" in the YT search bar ?