Steffi Graf Admiration Thread Vol 2 - Page 126 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 30th, 2012, 09:59 PM   #1876
country flag bia

bia is a glorious beacon of light bia is a glorious beacon of light bia is a glorious beacon of light bia is a glorious beacon of light bia is a glorious beacon of light bia is a glorious beacon of light bia is a glorious beacon of light bia is a glorious beacon of light bia is a glorious beacon of light bia is a glorious beacon of light bia is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Steffi Graf Admiration Thread Vol 2

http://safebrowsing.clients.google.c...effi-graf.net/
http://www.steffi-graf.net/
The message is in italian.
bia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 30th, 2012, 11:17 PM   #1877
country flag Seleção82

Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by bia View Post
Thanks!

The English version:

http://safebrowsing.clients.google.c...effi-graf.net/
Seleção82 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30th, 2012, 11:30 PM   #1878
country flag Seleção82

Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seleção82 View Post
Oki, I just wrote to them by the contact form on steffi-graf.net. Let's see what they will say about it.

Thanks again Bia!

And for me it's bedtime now. Good night!
Old Jan 31st, 2012, 02:39 AM   #1879
country flag gabybackhand

gabybackhand has much to be proud of gabybackhand has much to be proud of gabybackhand has much to be proud of gabybackhand has much to be proud of gabybackhand has much to be proud of gabybackhand has much to be proud of gabybackhand has much to be proud of gabybackhand has much to be proud of gabybackhand has much to be proud of gabybackhand has much to be proud of gabybackhand has much to be proud of

I can see it's as known as to say that Columbus discovered America, but I'm rewatching every women's tennis match on the net chronologically, and I got to 1992, so I recently saw Steffi's wins over Gabriela Sabatini and Mónica Seles at Wimbledon that year: MY GOD, what a player! After struggling against de Swardt (a tough player for her as everybody knows, even if there is such a HUGE difference in their historical status), and Fendick, Graf come out in a vicious level for those late rounds. I've probably never seen anybody play like THAT and against so talented rivals!
Merciless Monica - Barcelona Bumblebee
gabybackhand is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31st, 2012, 04:35 AM   #1880
country flag mistymore

mistymore has much to be proud of mistymore has much to be proud of mistymore has much to be proud of mistymore has much to be proud of mistymore has much to be proud of mistymore has much to be proud of mistymore has much to be proud of mistymore has much to be proud of mistymore has much to be proud of mistymore has much to be proud of mistymore has much to be proud of

The 92 Wimbledon final alone should lay waste to those dopes who claim Seles was the most dominant player ever. Imagine Graf or Navratilova at the heights of their dominance ever getting humiliated in a slam final like that, let alone the biggest tournament in the World.
mistymore is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31st, 2012, 10:22 AM   #1881
country flag bia

bia is a glorious beacon of light bia is a glorious beacon of light bia is a glorious beacon of light bia is a glorious beacon of light bia is a glorious beacon of light bia is a glorious beacon of light bia is a glorious beacon of light bia is a glorious beacon of light bia is a glorious beacon of light bia is a glorious beacon of light bia is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Oki, I just wrote to them by the contact form on steffi-graf.net. Let's see what they will say about it.

Thanks again Bia!

And for me it's bedtime now. Good night!
Thank you very much, Selecao.
Old Jan 31st, 2012, 10:25 AM   #1882
country flag bia

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistymore View Post
The 92 Wimbledon final alone should lay waste to those dopes who claim Seles was the most dominant player ever. Imagine Graf or Navratilova at the heights of their dominance ever getting humiliated in a slam final like that, let alone the biggest tournament in the World.
And some Seles fans still claim she lost that final because she couldn't grunt!!!
Old Jan 31st, 2012, 05:20 PM   #1883
country flag Stef-fan

Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by bia View Post
And some Seles fans still claim she lost that final because she couldn't grunt!!!
The problem is even Monica Seles thinks so, she did give multiple interviews where she said she wished she played the wimby final again.
I have heard lot of discussions on this forum and many others on how Steffi is a poor loser as she did not shake hands in a 'well mannered' fashion after a loss but I will tell you one think, all these years that I have known her, she never once said she wished she played a match that she lost again, never has she talked about any of her losses in that manner and I think that is the highest form of regard you give to your opponent, acknowledging no matter how well or bad you played, your opponent's play had a say in the outcome of the result. Not once have I seen Steffi give an interview saying she wished she played the 92 FO final again without any grunting involved.
Steffi's atheleticism in the 92 Wimby final was great, just have to see how she retrieves the lob by Monica and I don't think even Monica Seles can say that 'grunting' would have prevented Steffi from reaching that ball and returning it so well.
Here is the point I am talking about and there are so many such points that day that had nothing to do with Monica not 'grunting' that day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8rLK...eature=related
Stef-fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31st, 2012, 10:02 PM   #1884
country flag Seleção82

Yes, I know ... I posted it before and it's off-topic actually ... but in the light of the current weather I cannot resist, sorry ...

Quote:

Thanks again Bia!
No reply yet. But I will let you know what they say IF they reply.
Old Feb 1st, 2012, 02:31 AM   #1885
country flag Stef-fan

Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all

Quote:
Yes, I know ... I posted it before and it's off-topic actually ... but in the light of the current weather I cannot resist, sorry ...

No reply yet. But I will let you know what they say IF they reply.
Nice timing, thought you were referring me to an 'angry BBQ'
By the way, did contact Steffi's site admin in the past as this has been going on for sometime now, said he did fix it but seems to be a recurring problem and had to do something with the software as some other sites maintained by the same admin had similar issues as well and has to do with google search machine only. I got a response the first time I brought this issue up but nothing when I mentioned it again.
To avoid trigerring the message, try opening through FB page (through Steffi's FB page).
Old Feb 1st, 2012, 12:53 PM   #1886
country flag djul14

djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all

LOL at the BBQ.

About the 1992 Wimbledon Finals, besides the fact that Seles get destroyed. By saying she would have like to play this match again, she was trying to make us (and her fans) believe that she sacrified a Wimbledon so ? Because if she had grunt what would have happened to her actually ? Nothing.
So even after a set for ex, she kept on not grunting,even while realizing her game was (according to her) so not at her best level, while she was playing the final of the biggest tournament of her sport ?
Yeah I so believe in that story.
And I still don't get why she had to shut up that day, and who complained about it, but I know I hate this grunt trend, look what it has become today. They should have done something 20years ago, now it's too late, and soooo annoying.
djul14 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1st, 2012, 05:27 PM   #1887
country flag Stef-fan

[And I still don't get why she had to shut up that day, and who complained about it, but I know I hate this grunt trend, look what it has become today. They should have done something 20years ago, now it's too late, and soooo annoying.[/quote]

As per tennis rules, 'grunting' is considered a hindrance if a player reports against it and the authorities have to take action if that happens. That is what happened in Wimbledon 92, Martina and Tauziat complained against her grunting and Seles was asked to tone down her grunting in the susequent match which is a final.
If anything, Seles stabbing prevented people from talking against her grunting later on and as a result, it has evolved into shreiking (my opinion).
I have my own opinios about what happened in 92-93 but since this is Steffi's site, just wanted to limit it to something concerned to her.
Recently, I had the opportunity to go over Seles' book and to say, that my opinion of her changed drastically is an understatement. Lot of discrepancies of what actually happened and what is written in the book. In the book, she mentions that Steffi visited her in the hospital, said nothing and left within minutes saying she had to play the next match. Well, this is the same Monica Seles who gave multiple interviews (including TV interviews) immediately after the stabbing stating that Steffi did visit her, it was highly emotional for both of them and they both just cried. Nothing of that in the book.
Also, only top 17 of the top 25 players voted against the protective ranking. Well, I just have to beleive she had selective 'amnesia' of what actually happened around that time.

Last edited by Stef-fan : Feb 11th, 2012 at 10:52 PM.
Old Feb 1st, 2012, 07:27 PM   #1888
country flag bia

First of all, thanks a lot, Selecao and Stef-fan for your help. And, Selecao, I have the snow too here, but no angry BBQ.
Stef-fan, I have exactly the same feelings about Seles. I did't read her book, actually, her two books, but I've read articles when it came out and she also said that Steffi went to visit her in hospital on sunday and that she told her she was in a hurry because she had to play the final. Well, I remember very well that Steffi went to see her the morning right after the stabbing, and it was on a friday, not the day of the final or semifinals. I'm not even sure Steffi had to play that day! It could be that Monica didn't remember it so well, but she could have done a small research before writing it. It seems that Seles self describes their meeting in a different way on her first book. Tarabini, who was with Steffi that morning at the hospital, said that Steffi even wanted to talk with doctors about Seles conditions. What I find more irritating, is the fact that not one tennis reporter contradicted Seles version of the story, they all seem to soffer the same amnesia.
Old Feb 1st, 2012, 09:29 PM   #1889
country flag Seleção82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stef-fan View Post
Nice timing, thought you were referring me to an 'angry BBQ'
?? ... *scratching head* ... Sorry, but I don't get that.

Quote:
By the way, did contact Steffi's site admin in the past as this has been going on for sometime now, said he did fix it but seems to be a recurring problem and had to do something with the software as some other sites maintained by the same admin had similar issues as well and has to do with google search machine only. I got a response the first time I brought this issue up but nothing when I mentioned it again.
Ah, I see, thanks a lot for that info! So I guess that I don't need to wait for a reply any longer because there won't be some.
It indeed looks like that Google uses some heuristic anti-malware scanner which flags some script(s) on the site as malicious. Probably nothing to worry about, but the webmaster should resolve this though since this isn't good for the reputation of the site.

Quote:
To avoid trigerring the message, try opening through FB page (through Steffi's FB page).
Or simply by typing the URL in the respective field of the browser (and thus accessing the site directly), that should work too.
Old Feb 1st, 2012, 09:34 PM   #1890
country flag Seleção82

Quote:
Originally Posted by djul14 View Post
LOL at the BBQ.

About the 1992 Wimbledon Finals, besides the fact that Seles get destroyed. By saying she would have like to play this match again, she was trying to make us (and her fans) believe that she sacrified a Wimbledon so ? Because if she had grunt what would have happened to her actually ? Nothing.
So even after a set for ex, she kept on not grunting,even while realizing her game was (according to her) so not at her best level, while she was playing the final of the biggest tournament of her sport ?
Yeah I so believe in that story.
And I still don't get why she had to shut up that day, and who complained about it, but I know I hate this grunt trend, look what it has become today. They should have done something 20years ago, now it's too late, and soooo annoying.
My sentiments exactly!!!