Steffi Graf Admiration Thread Vol 2 - Page 123 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Dec 18th, 2011, 03:15 AM   #1831
country flag R-K-M

R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future
Re: Steffi Graf Admiration Thread Vol 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by djul14 View Post
Have you read about this one :

http://www.bild.de/sport/mehr-sport/...0762.bild.html

To sum up, she accuses Steffi of having deliberately lost a match, the double olympics SF, for them (so her = Kohde-Kilsch) not to win a gold medal, because Steffi's dad didn't wanted her (Kohde-Kilsch) to have gold...
First, I think it's ridiculous.
But god, the womand doesn't even look at her own performance. Says something like that 23years after. And says it on an interview, not face to face.
Poor woman.
I remember reading a long itw from her, published in 1985, or 86, you just can feel how she already felt pissed by the celebrity of boris becker, who became a star and not her and her new national rival...
Quote:
Originally Posted by irma View Post
Why did Steffi (Peter) decide to lose in the semis and not in the final?
Also she (Kohde-Kilsch) is taking away from the opponents they lost too.(Novotna and Sukova)
Both already had to suffer from Steffi in singles a lot, so to claim that even in doubles it was all about Steffi's (Peter's) mood
is pretty low.

I think she lost her mind a little bit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stef-fan View Post
Do you think anyone would have cared about her bankruptcy statement if Steffi's name wasn't there ???
Pathetic and easy way of getting attention.
I don't comment on this,because i agree with irma and Stef-fan.

But i remember that Steffi is the only tennis player to win at-least one gold(1988 singles),one silver(1992 singles) and one bronze(1988 doubles) in Olympics.

Off-course you know it.

Quote:
I agree with you, that it's a lack of respect to the players who beat them too.

In other news, Steffi has apprently withdrew from newt year exhibition in Halle(http://www.zeit.de/news/2011-12/17/t...n-auf-17121003)...I had ticket for this event
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seleção82 View Post
Oh.....too bad I did not know that Steffi had withdrawn. What is the reason for it, someone knows?
Quote:
Injury.

Seleçao don't worry, send me the ticket I 'll pay you (don't worry again lol)
I will find a way to sell it, or get a refund, or live with it
As not a fanatic,but i think Steffi never say(promise) anywhere that she will play definitely in Halle,next year.

and djul14,you have a great sense of humor (I know your reply is real,because you found a way to sell it).But i really lol when i read this and about your reply for a fan's article about her meeting with Steffi in Las Vegas airport.

Good day,
"She's one of the greatest players, maybe even greatest" : Richard Krajicek
"Steffi is the best all around player of all-time, regardless of surfaces" : Martina Navratilova
"Steffi is definitely the greatest singles player ever" : Billie Jean King
R-K-M is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Dec 19th, 2011, 07:06 PM   #1832
country flag Stef-fan

Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all

[quote=djul14;20603458]Injury.

Hi djul, not definitely sure if it is injury related. Steffi is playing in Taiwan in May and will be at Roland Garros along with Agassi for the Longiness event this year (at least as far as I know). Halle event is right after FO, one of the reasons given by the tournment director for Steffi not playing at Halle previously. Steffi played at Halle this year and Courier was with Agassi at the Longiness event. Heard it will be Steffi and Andre again for 2012 event. Wondering if this might have been a scheduling issue rather than injury. Not sure why the Halle event was announced without confirming everything. If she is playing in Taiwan, no reason she could not play at Halle. Just guessing.
Stef-fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19th, 2011, 07:13 PM   #1833
country flag djul14

djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all

[quote=Stef-fan;20612463]
Quote:
Injury.

Hi djul, not definitely sure if it is injury related. Steffi is playing in Taiwan in May and will be at Roland Garros along with Agassi for the Longiness event this year (at least as far as I know). Halle event is right after FO, one of the reasons given by the tournment director for Steffi not playing at Halle previously. Steffi played at Halle this year and Courier was with Agassi at the Longiness event. Heard it will be Steffi and Andre again for 2012 event. Wondering if this might have been a scheduling issue rather than injury. Not sure why the Halle event was announced without confirming everything. If she is playing in Taiwan, no reason she could not play at Halle. Just guessing.
Yeah I don't know, I am aware of the Tawain exo in May. But I ve read about 2weeks ago, she was no more certain to play Halle (while it had been announced everywhere she was going to play there in 2012), because of an injury and so that it was why she didn't confirmed her presence, and then she withdrew.
djul14 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20th, 2011, 02:13 PM   #1834
country flag Stef-fan

Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all

Here is the whole interview by Khode Kilsch. So Steffi is done winning her singles match in Olympics gold and the doubles SF was after that!!!! Doesn't make any sense as Steffi could have just lost in the first round if the only motive was to prevent her from winning gold. Why waste all the energy till SF????

http://sz-magazin.sueddeutsche.de/te...igen/36746/2/1
Old Jan 3rd, 2012, 08:55 PM   #1835
country flag alfajeffster

alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute

You know, I was watching the Wozniaki / Mattek-Sands match the other day from the Hopman Cup- and (objectively) I can't help but say that Steffi would take either one of them to the cleaners- especially Caroline. How this girl made it to the top with a forehand like that just shows how poor the quality of play has become. Here it is 12 years later, and I still miss watching the consummate professional play- incredible.
Old Jan 4th, 2012, 11:55 AM   #1836
country flag djul14

djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfajeffster View Post
You know, I was watching the Wozniaki / Mattek-Sands match the other day from the Hopman Cup- and (objectively) I can't help but say that Steffi would take either one of them to the cleaners- especially Caroline. How this girl made it to the top with a forehand like that just shows how poor the quality of play has become. Here it is 12 years later, and I still miss watching the consummate professional play- incredible.
First You're so brave. Then I too don't get how Wozniacki is N°1, well S. Williams has injuries every month and Kvitova needed time, but it will change.

And (1month later) thnaks Stef-fan for the interview. I love just the fact that Steffi didn't even answer this accusation, it means everything

Oh and by the way, Happy new year t o you all
Old Jan 4th, 2012, 12:42 PM   #1837
country flag newmark401

newmark401 is a name known to all newmark401 is a name known to all newmark401 is a name known to all newmark401 is a name known to all newmark401 is a name known to all newmark401 is a name known to all newmark401 is a name known to all newmark401 is a name known to all newmark401 is a name known to all newmark401 is a name known to all newmark401 is a name known to all

Claudia Kohde-Kilsch does sound rather bitter in that interview published in the "Sueddeutsche Zeitung" magazine section on December 15, 2011, but perhaps it's understandable because her stepfather, Juergen, did her out of so much money and she is now effectively bankrupt and working for a real estate company. Her stepfather appears to have seen her as the goose who could lay a golden egg, in other words, provide money for the whole family whenever it was required, for a house in Marbella, skiing holidays, Claudia's sister's education, etc. (She calls him her father in the interview. He was a lawyer and died in 2004. Claudia Kohde-Kilsch declared herself bankrupt in 2011.)

As for Claudia's relationship (as such) with Steffi Graf, here is what Claudia says in the interview:

[...]

Interviewer: Steffi Graf had a similar set-up in her family. She, too, had a dominant father who managed her money. However, Peter Graf betrayed not his daughter, but the tax authorities, which is why he had to go to prison in the 1990s. Did you have any sympathy at the time?

Claudia Kohde-Kilsch: No, I wasn't sorry for Steffi. Of course, it was tough for her that her father was put behind bars, but I don't think anyone needs to feel sorry for Steffi. She's as hard as nails. I first got to know her when she was twelve. At that time she was already very ambitious. Very focussed. A bit shy around people. A grown-up girl. We had fun times only in the beginning. My mother and I took her under our wings because her parents hadn't yet begun to accompany her on the tour. But the good relationship was soon ruined by Peter Graf.

Interviewer: Peter Graf did not have the best reputation in the tennis world.

CKK: Rightly so. He caused only trouble. My father once almost came to blows with him.

Interviewer: How do you mean?

CKK: It was in 1986, during the Masters tournament in Madison Square Garden in New York. Helena Sukova and I had just dared to beat Steffi and Gabriela Sabatini in the doubles event. Afterwards old man Graf met my father in the corridor and said to him, we had been been very lucky and so on. My father grabbed him by the collar, pushed him against the wall and said to him, he should keep his trap shut. And while this was happening, Chris Evert and Pam Shriver, both top ten players at the time, were standing nearby, gossiping! No one could stand Peter Graf.

Interviewer: But you and Steffi did nevertheless play a lot of doubles matches together, even winning the Federation Cup and a silver medal at the Olympic Games as a team. How was that possible?

CKK: At certain times we did get along quite well with each other, but the Olympic Games is another story. Steffi had already won the gold medal in the singles event when we played our doubles semi-final. And I was amazed that Steffi was hitting over her backhand the whole time. Normally she always played a sliced backhand, which she could do marvellously. After we had lost, my father asked Steffi's father why she kept hitting through her backhand. Peter Graf only said, What, do you think Claudia deserved a gold medal too?

Interviewer: Do you believe Peter Graf had told Steffi to play especially badly?

CKK: Naturally I can't prove that. But it was very strange indeed. And not untypical of a family from whom you could expect anything. Peter Graf even made Adidas, for years my sponsor, make a choice, saying, If you continue to sponsor Claudia, you won't be allowed to sponsor Steffi anymore. I can't prove that either, but a representative from Adidas said that to my father in so many words. Adidas did then drop me, after many years of a partnership. That meant that I had no sponsor during the last two or three years of my career. I had to buy the clothes myself and have CKK knitted into them. Martina Navratilova sent me the socks.

[...]

Interviewer: When Steffi Graf joined the professional ranks, you were the German number one. You were chosen as German female tennis player of the year in 1985 and came second in the vote for German sports star of the year. Then along came Steffi Graf. From then on you had to stand in the shadow of Steffi and Boris [Becker]. How annoying was that?

CKK: It's hard when you stop being successful, it's very annoying. But the two of them were the superstars, and you have to look at what they achieved without envy.

Interviewer: Have you met Steffi Graf since you stopped playing tennis?

CKK: Once. At the end of the 1990s, we both played a bit more tennis, in the German league. Steffi played for Ludwigshafen, I played for Saarlouis. When I entered the clubhouse in Ludwigshafen, Steffi was sitting somewhere at the table, and I thought we'd have a bit of a chat. I said, Hi, Steffi, and she just pushed her hair sideways towards her face and murmured something. I thought, What's that supposed to mean? But that's what Steffi's like, people are not her thing.
-----

Last edited by newmark401 : Jan 5th, 2012 at 09:05 AM.
newmark401 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4th, 2012, 02:30 PM   #1838
country flag djul14

Quote:
Originally Posted by newmark401 View Post
Claudia Kohde-Kilsch does sound rather bitter in that interview
I understand her being bitter and everything, but in the one and only other of her interview I ve read she sounded more than bitter too (towards Becker, Graf, press, sponsors,...and them gettinh more attention than her ) and it was like 25years ago (the itw, not me reading it )
And at the same time, with this itw for ex, she needed some publicity and she knows how to get it...people only talk about it in the news and other newspapers, because of this "story" with Steffi.

Last edited by djul14 : Jan 4th, 2012 at 02:42 PM.
Old Jan 5th, 2012, 07:43 AM   #1839
country flag bia

bia is a glorious beacon of light bia is a glorious beacon of light bia is a glorious beacon of light bia is a glorious beacon of light bia is a glorious beacon of light bia is a glorious beacon of light bia is a glorious beacon of light bia is a glorious beacon of light bia is a glorious beacon of light bia is a glorious beacon of light bia is a glorious beacon of light

Nice interview to Sam Stosur where she talks about Steffi.
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/xy...-1226233977240
bia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5th, 2012, 09:06 AM   #1840
country flag tennisfan2808

tennisfan2808 is a name known to all tennisfan2808 is a name known to all tennisfan2808 is a name known to all tennisfan2808 is a name known to all tennisfan2808 is a name known to all tennisfan2808 is a name known to all tennisfan2808 is a name known to all tennisfan2808 is a name known to all tennisfan2808 is a name known to all tennisfan2808 is a name known to all tennisfan2808 is a name known to all

Hi everybody, does anybody know if I can purchase the Taiwan exhibition online? I know they start selling tickets today but cant seem to find it on internet. The only one I could find is through www.integrationsports.com but it's all in Chinese!

Anybody lives in Taiwan??

Pls help!
tennisfan2808 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5th, 2012, 12:11 PM   #1841
country flag Stef-fan

And (1month later) thnaks Stef-fan for the interview. I love just the fact that Steffi didn't even answer this accusation, it means everything

If she responded, she would not be Steffi Graf
Old Jan 5th, 2012, 02:58 PM   #1842
country flag djul14

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennisfan2808 View Post
Hi everybody, does anybody know if I can purchase the Taiwan exhibition online? I know they start selling tickets today but cant seem to find it on internet. The only one I could find is through www.integrationsports.com but it's all in Chinese!

Anybody lives in Taiwan??

Pls help!
Can't help you sorry.
So she s playing in Tawain in May and not in Halle ?
Old Jan 5th, 2012, 03:03 PM   #1843
country flag djul14

Quote:
Originally Posted by bia View Post
Nice interview to Sam Stosur where she talks about Steffi.
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/xy...-1226233977240
Thanks Very nice words from her.
Old Jan 5th, 2012, 07:11 PM   #1844
country flag Seleção82

Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Can't help you sorry.
So she s playing in Tawain in May and not in Halle ?
Somewhat disappointing. But on the other hand we don't know the reasons for her decisions.

But I'm not surprised at all that an injury can't be the reason for her cancellation of Halle. I never bought the "injury story" anyway because it sounded strange to me that she already knows in December that she will not be able to play an exho match in half a year later.
Seleção82 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5th, 2012, 08:46 PM   #1845
country flag Seleção82

Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfajeffster View Post
You did WHAT?? Voluntarily???

But, seriously, it really says much about the current state of the WTA that a player whose game is defense-oriented and unimaginative can become no. 1.
Seleção82 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote